Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

https://www.greencars.com/guides/the-future-of-ev-batteries

Not sure why I'm providing this information since you're the self proclaimed expert that apparently doesnt know anything about the future of the industry. Theres a million of these examples... ie solid state, graphite based etc.

The Race for Better EV Batteries

The race for better electric car batteries is being called the next gold rush. There are many new technologies coming soon that may make it easier to own and operate a zero-emission vehicle. The woes of ?range anxiety? and ?long charging times? will soon be a thing of the past as battery packs could soon offer over 400 miles of range between charges that only take a few seconds to charge, and could even provide power to the vehicle over the air.

None of this is news. The issue is how far out are the technologies and when will the grid be upgraded to adequately handle the demand for more power.

I'm still curious if Hughes own's an EV. I mean, his solar array provides thousands of dollars of extra energy...why wouldn't you?

I'm still curious if Hughes own's an EV. I mean, his solar array provides thousands of dollars of extra energy...why wouldn't you?

He's probably waiting until the 400 mile range graphite based batteries that fully charge in under 10 minutes without electricity that are coming out next year or early 2024.

None of this is news. The issue is how far out are the technologies and when will the grid be upgraded to adequately handle the demand for more power.

Thats what i said 20 posts ago....thank you captain obvious for agreeing with me.

Last edited:
He's probably waiting until the 400 mile range graphite based batteries that fully charge in under 10 minutes without electricity that are coming out next year or early 2024.

im less concerned about battery thats in the car. Im not a fucking tree hugger like you guys apparently are all concerned about the Lithium leaking into oceans or some shit.

Im waiting for Tesla to not be the only option. Once the market becomes more competitive the prices will drop. Simple math would tell you the savings on gas would go straight to the monthly payment as is. Waiting for the prices to drop makes the investment more worth it (fully understanding that investments in cars are never "worth it")

Crazy how the resident energy experts on this board keep saying we cant make the batteries to put into that many cars yet EVERY major car manufacturer has come out and said EV will be their focus starting as early as next year.

When i purchased my panels i had a pool. When you get rid of the pool...now you have extra panels creating more energy than you need. Ideally youd be closer to Net $0....but you dont want to be at risk of underproducing. My Energy bill was $550/month prior to panels. Now its a flat $207/month for 13 more years, then i get atleast 10 years of free electricity after my payments are done.

Last edited:
Thats what i said 20 posts ago....thank you for agreeing with me.

I think we?re all in agreement that 2035 is a pretty arbitrary target date and it is of course going to be dependent on how fast or not fast technology is developed.

Again, they have delayed shutting down Diablo Canyon and other nuclear facilities because of
the current situation; certainly they will adjust the target date depending on the need at the time.

I?ll be 75 years older then anyway, so fuck it.

The whole thing about asking people not to charge their electric vehicles within a few days of declaring that new carbon vehicles will not allowed to be sold beginning in 2035 is more humorously ironic than anything. Beyond that, it really doesn?t mean anything.

I think we?re all in agreement that 2035 is a pretty arbitrary target date and it is of course going to be dependent on how fast or not fast technology is developed.

Again, they have delayed shutting down Diablo Canyon and other nuclear facilities because of
the current situation; certainly they will adjust the target date depending on the need at the time.

I?ll be 75 years older then anyway, so fuck it.

The whole thing about asking people not to charge their electric vehicles within a few days of declaring that new carbon vehicles will not allowed to be sold beginning in 2035 is more humorously ironic than anything. Beyond that, it really doesn?t mean anything.

San Onofre nuclear (the 2 boobs on the side of the freeway) shut down permanently as well didnt it? Thats ind of my point about the grid capacity being mismanaged. The state produces alot less energy it used to....the people are the ones producing alot of the energy in the state now....and yet theres rolling blackouts? how the fuck does that math make any sense?

San Onofre nuclear (the 2 boobs on the side of the freeway) shut down permanently as well didnt it? Thats ind of my point about the grid capacity being mismanaged. The state produces alot less energy it used to....the people are the ones producing alot of the energy in the state now....and yet theres rolling blackouts? how the fuck does that math make any sense?

The woke enviro-cabal are pretty particularly influential in this one party rule state.

Not that I?m saying one party rule can never be problematic in red states, but I don?t live in a one party rule red state.

EDIT: Yes, San Onofre has been offline for about a decade.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5OQMoSCrqw

Last edited:
im less concerned about battery thats in the car. Im not a fucking tree hugger like you guys apparently are all concerned about the Lithium leaking into oceans or some shit.

Im waiting for Tesla to not be the only option. Once the market becomes more competitive the prices will drop. Simple math would tell you the savings on gas would go straight to the monthly payment as is. Waiting for the prices to drop makes the investment more worth it (fully understanding that investments in cars are never "worth it")

Crazy how the resident energy experts on this board keep saying we cant make the batteries to put into that many cars yet EVERY major car manufacturer has come out and said EV will be their focus starting as early as next year.

The point about the byproducts of producing batteries is to make you aware that going electric isn?t the green energy panacea I?ll-informed automontons lije you think it is.

Buying an electric or hybrid car is a net negative, not a break even proposotion - the savings on gas and then some go to buy the make the payments in the much more expensive car.

That is crazy though - we must be wrong because the we all know the auto industry never makes mistakes or gets it wrong. Solid point.

The point about the byproducts of producing batteries is to make you aware that going electric isn?t the green energy panacea I?ll-informed automontons lije you think it is.

Buying an electric or hybrid car is a net negative, not a break even proposotion - the savings on gas and then some go to buy the make the payments in the much more expensive car.

That is crazy though - we must be wrong because the we all know the auto industry never makes mistakes or gets it wrong. Solid point.

I wouldn't be buying EV cause it's "green". I'm considering buying one cause it's been $6/gal + here for a majority of the year. By the time the law in CA kicks in it will probably be closer to $12/gal. The additional sea level by then can help dilute all the lithium in the water lol.

Last edited:
This is as good thread as any for this. Just watched fairly new release ?Crisis,? turned out to be pretty good flick. It was a story about the opioid epidemic, so comes under category of culture I guess. Much of it was set in and around Detroit, which I always like, including a panoramic shot of the Michigan campus to open the final scene.

Notable cast, including the comeback of sorts of Armie Hammer, who plays an undercover DEA agent. He wears a beard, first role I?ve seen him bearded, and he wears it well, which is a good thing, because word is in his next film he?ll be playing the title role in ?The Trevor Bauer Story.?

They were considering Hammer for ?The Deshaun Watson Story,? but instead the producers decided to go with Idris Elba, and Hammer will be the next James Bond.

I guess maybe Hollywood ain?t that woke after all.

Last edited:
Damn. The Governor of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker, is a Republican - how did that happen?

DeSantis isn?t gonna run if Trump runs, he has said. If that?s the case, maybe the never Trump crowd should try to persuade Charlie Baker to run for the nomination. How much damage can Trump do him?

Georgia Governor Kemp is another one Trump probably can?t damage any more than he already has. Maybe the never Trumpers should give him a shot.

Back