Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Last edited:
The following players are no longer with the Tigers organization by release or free agency.
Danny Dorn
Shane Lindsey
Audy Ciriaco
Argenis Diaz
Jerad Head
Matt Young
Zach Miner
Chris Bootcheck
Ramon Garcia
Colin Balester
Brad Davis
Fu-Te Ni
Brooks Brown
Niuman Romero
Zach Segovia
Kelvin De La Cruz
James Avery
David Kopp
Bryan Pounds
Wes Thigpen
Marcus Lemon
Luis Sanz (RHP)
Lance Durham
Bill Castillo
Efrain Nieves
Omar Oses
Erick Soto
Greg Morillo
Gregorio Minier
Eduardo Rojas
Luis Rodriguez
Cruz Cedeno

The Tigers have also added the following players to the organization...
Carlos Montasterios (RHP) - Toledo
Eddy Castro (RHP) - DSL/VSL

from TigsTown

2012 Arizona Fall League Observations.
My impression is that the talent level in the league is down this year. Perhaps this is just in comparison to a stellar 2011 group (which featured Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, and Gerrit Cole among others), but for the most part I felt that the quality of prospect was a notch lower than I've seen in the past, especially on the mound. That said, there were many players of interest.
Everyone I talked to loved Tigers prospect Nick Castellanos, so I guess I'm in the minority. I like him, but I don't love him. I don't think Castellanos' bat is as polished as most people say. He might turn into Josh Vitters if the Tigers rush him too quickly.
from John Sickels at MinorLeagueBall

Back