Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Austin Jackson will be leading off and playing CF for the Hens tonight.

Tigers upcoming road trip...Avila is staying behind, but Dirks is going on the trip w/ Tigers, so he can hit, stay in shape. Took BP yesterday, but not today.

Last edited:
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22091431&c_id=mlb
Webvideo Prince's RBI single.
Prince Fielder ropes a single to center to drive in Quintin Berry, putting the Tigers up and on the scoreboard in the first inning.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22091571&c_id=mlb
Webvideo Kelly's RBI single.
Don Kelly knocks in Jhonny Peralta with a single to right for the fourth Tigers' run of the first inning.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22092847&c_id=mlb
Webvideo Boesch's RBI double.
Brennan Boesch belts a ground-rule double over the wall in right-center, scoring Danny Worth.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22092927&c_id=mlb
Webvideo Miggy's two-run shot.
Miguel Cabrera hits his 13th home run of the season, taking Derek Lowe deep for a pair of runs to extend the Tigers' lead to 7-1.

from the Tigers official site

Leyland on Crosby: "He?s got 94 (mph) in there, but he doesn?t feel comfortable at 94 just yet, as far as controlling."

Leyland on Boesch's RBI 2B: "we green-lighted him 3-0, and if it hadn?t worked, you?d have been a fool, because you got Cabrera on deck."
Leyland on Boesch's RBI double: "But we just felt like we had to get him going, get a little confidence. And he took a real good whack".
Leyland on Boesch: "So, is he out of the woods yet? No, I wouldn?t say that. Did he have a contributing day ... I would say, ?yes.'

Boesch: "Results are all I care about. I don?t care how it looks. Today I was able to get results, and that?s what?s important."

Berry on key catch in 7th: "I just kind of cut back around, took a bad route at it, but it was able to hang up long enough, I got to it."
Sigh of relief after Berry made catch? "Yeah. They just keep finding me out there, and go right over my head."
Berry on catches in CF: " Keep getting these funky routes to them, but as long as I glove them, that?s all I care about."
Berry on magnitude of #Tigers' win: "I think they?re all, at this point in time, it?s all must-win time. Time to get things rollin?."

mattmowery

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/e...g-hgh-testing-as-part-of-drug-program-changes
MLB officially adding HGH testing as part of drug program changes.
from cbssports

In response to both the new collective bargaining agreement and the Ryan Braun arbitration decision, Major League Baseball and the Players Association announced its changes to the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Here's the changes from the release:

? Adding HGH blood testing during Spring Training, during the off-season, and for reasonable cause. The parties also agreed to study expanding hGH testing to the regular season.
? Increasing the number of random tests during the season and off-season.
? Modifying the Collection Procedures of the Program to clarify when collectors must deliver specimens to the courier, and how specimens should be stored prior to delivery to the courier.
? Modifying the Appeals procedures of the Program, including the circumstances under which procedural deviations will result in the invalidation of test results.
? Creating an Expert Panel of recognized ADD/ADHD experts to advise the Independent Program Administrator (?IPA?) on Therapeutic Use Exemption (?TUE?) applications for ADD/ADHD medications, and another expert panel of medical professionals to advise the IPA on TUE applications for other medications.
? Strengthening the protocols for addressing use by players of drugs of abuse.
? Permitting public announcement of the specific substance that resulted in a player's positive test result or discipline.
? Making players who are suspended for violating the Program prior to the All-Star Break (including during Spring Training and the preceding off-season) ineligible to be elected or selected for the All-Star Game.
? Establishing a protocol for evaluating and treating players who may suffer from an alcohol use problem or who have engaged in off-field violent conduct.
? Clarifying the rules for violations for use or possession of prohibited substances based on evidence other than positive test results (?non-analytical positives.?)
? Increasing the penalties for criminal convictions for possession or use of drugs of abuse (including stimulants).
They also added more than 45 performance-enhancing substances and stimulants to the list of prohbited substances.

Back