Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

Meanwhile, some dude out here in Hollywood pretending to be the Scream character posing for tips on Hollywood Blvd. was shot dead by the cops last night.

Two Los Angeles police bicycle officers shot and killed the man Friday night in Hollywood after someone called 911 to report a man with knife, according to L.A. police. Deputy Chief Terry Hara said the suspect was threatening the crowd and the officers.

The report says the guy is white, but the cops probably couldn't tell that while he had his mask on.

I expect Jackson and Sharpton will be sitting this one out.

Jim Carrey has worn a lot of masks in his movies; maybe this could be his cause du jour.

Last edited:
Someone needs to advocate for the rights of Masked Americans.

Eric Garner’s Wife: “I Don’t Feel Like It’s A Black And White Thing”

Agrees with other family members despite media and politicians' race obsession

http://www.infowars.com/eric-garners-wife-i-dont-feel-like-its-a-black-and-white-thing/

Similar comments were made by a cousin of Michael Brown, the 18-year-old shot by Officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson. Ty Pruitt contacted Infowars to express his agreement that the protests against the deaths of Brown and Eric Garner should not be focused around race, but on preventing police brutality.

Meanwhile, some dude out here in Hollywood pretending to be the Scream character posing for tips on Hollywood Blvd. was shot dead by the cops last night.

Two Los Angeles police bicycle officers shot and killed the man Friday night in Hollywood after someone called 911 to report a man with knife, according to L.A. police. Deputy Chief Terry Hara said the suspect was threatening the crowd and the officers.

The report says the guy is white, but the cops probably couldn't tell that while he had his mask on.

I expect Jackson and Sharpton will be sitting this one out.

Jim Carrey has worn a lot of masks in his movies; maybe this could be his cause du jour.

From an article I read, dem article at that (just so michgramp doesn't think it's right issue) that the mask was not on him and some people called 911.

Oh wait a minute..a left wing website? The same excuse you gave me when I posted something from a right wing website..

Anyway, I don't think anyone is surprised by those numbers. But I'm curious what a poll would be like if asked "would you do what the police ask you to do .."

Someone needs to advocate for the rights of Masked Americans.

I think this guy does.

phoenix-jones-real-life-super-hero-seattle.jpg

Eric Garner’s Wife: “I Don’t Feel Like It’s A Black And White Thing”

Agrees with other family members despite media and politicians' race obsession

http://www.infowars.com/eric-garners-wife-i-dont-feel-like-its-a-black-and-white-thing/

Similar comments were made by a cousin of Michael Brown, the 18-year-old shot by Officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson. Ty Pruitt contacted Infowars to express his agreement that the protests against the deaths of Brown and Eric Garner should not be focused around race, but on preventing police brutality.

Wouldn't call it primarily a 'race' thing. But I would bet my house that something along the lines of "Oh my this big black man is getting unruly and so I need to take him down before we get hurt" went though the cops mind. At which point, you can make your own determination about whether it is a 'race' thing.

I doubt a 400 lb white man gets killed in the same fashion. And if you want to role into gender I would bet all my future income that it would never happen to a woman. Well a white woman at least.

People have their own personal prejudices which influence their decisions in life/at their job. Big black men are scarier to white people than other varieties of people. Same is true of cops as it is of your old white grandma neighbor born and raised in suburbia. That influences decisions and in the case of police it influences decisions that can be deadly.

You are never going to eliminate personal bias regarding people who are different from you. You are never going to eliminate deeply ingrained stereotypes based on upbringing/surroundings ect.

Trying to get officers to act in a safer more cautious manner independent of race has to be the goal.

Last edited:
Okay, so the Smoking Gun has purportedly uncovered the ID of Witness #40 from the Grand Jury, a bi-polar woman, with a long history of legal problems and publicly making racist statements. Apparently her testimony was critical in corroborating officer Wilson's own account.

I'm not sure if she was the only witness who corroborated her testimony, but FWIW, Fox News seemed to think so...

According to the article:
While the ?hands-up? account of Dorian Johnson is often cited by those who demanded Wilson?s indictment, ?Witness 40??s testimony about seeing Brown batter Wilson and then rush the cop like a defensive end has repeatedly been pointed to by Wilson supporters as directly corroborative of the officer?s version of the August 9 confrontation. The ?Witness 40? testimony, as Fox News sees it, is proof that the 18-year-old Brown?s killing was justified, and that the Ferguson grand jury got it right.
this is pretty bogus:
Sandra McElroy did not provide police with a contemporaneous account of the Brown-Wilson confrontation, which she claimed to have watched unfold in front of her as she stood on a nearby sidewalk smoking a cigarette.

Instead, McElroy (seen at left) waited four weeks after the shooting to contact cops. By the time she gave St. Louis police a statement on September 11, a general outline of Wilson?s version of the shooting had already appeared in the press. McElroy?s account of the confrontation dovetailed with Wilson?s reported recollection of the incident.
her explanations of what she was doing at the scene are contradictory:
When asked what she was doing in Ferguson--which is about 30 miles north of her home--McElroy explained that she was planning to ?pop in? on a former high school classmate she had not seen in 26 years. Saddled with an incorrect address and no cell phone, McElroy claimed that she pulled over to smoke a cigarette and seek directions from a black man standing under a tree. In short order, the violent confrontation between Brown and Wilson purportedly played out in front of McElroy.

Despite an abundance of red flags, state prosecutors put McElroy in front of the Ferguson grand jury...

When Sandra McElroy returned to the Ferguson grand jury on November 3, she brought a spiral notebook purportedly containing her handwritten journal entries for some dates in August, including the Saturday Michael Brown was shot.
Before testifying about the content of her notebook scribblings, McElroy admitted that she had not driven to Ferguson in search of an African-American pal she had last seen in 1988. Instead, McElroy offered a substitute explanation that was, remarkably, an even bigger lie.

McElroy, again under oath, explained to grand jurors that she was something of an amateur urban anthropologist. Every couple of weeks, McElroy testified, she likes to ?go into all the African-American neighborhoods.? During these weekend sojourns--apparently conducted when her ex has the kids--McElroy said she will ?go in and have coffee and I will strike up a conversation with an African-American and I will try to talk to them because I?m trying to understand more.?
the whole article has a lot more on what a complete flake she is, and how negligent the DA's office was in putting her before the grand jury.

I'm not sure who's testimony was counted on more but it's safe to say quite a few testimonies were probably false.

I'm not sure who's testimony was counted on more but it's safe to say quite a few testimonies were probably false.

why is that safe to say?

Maybe in her case, and her case appears to have played a large part in the decision not to indict.

why is that safe to say?

Maybe in her case, and her case appears to have played a large part in the decision not to indict.

It's safe to say because there were people that flat out lied. At least from evidence..Like I said I don't know if her testimony was looked at as bigger than the rest but other people did lie, probably for the same reason this lady did..or assumed did.

Btw, I thought everything that came from Fox News was the devil? Or only when it goes against your argument..

It's safe to say because there were people that flat out lied. At least from evidence..Like I said I don't know if her testimony was looked at as bigger than the rest but other people did lie, probably for the same reason this lady did..or assumed did.

Btw, I thought everything that came from Fox News was the devil? Or only when it goes against your argument..

How do you know other people lied?

Champ, why do you continue to counter witness testimony but not the physical evidence? Explain that away, please. Just like I don't give a duck about witnesses who support your points, I don't give a tuck about witnesses who support Wilson. I trust the physical evidence, which shows Brown was moving at a good pace toward Wilson. Period. But keep attacking stupid witnesses, which is always the least reputable part of any investigation, because that is the easy way to try convincing people that Wilson was wrong, especially those lacking intelligence enough to understand the physical evidence.

Brown was wrong, there are enough other cases where the police were wrong to voice anger and mount protests. But when the police get it right, they don't deserve this level of criticism. Wilson did his job as best as any cop could in his shoes.

Wilson did his job as best as any cop could in his shoes.

What a fucking joke. Wilson, whether justified in the shooting or not was horribly incompetent. 12 motherfucking shots at an unarmed teenager! Half of which went wild in a crowded area.

But he did the best any cop could. :lmao:

Last edited:
Champ, why do you continue to counter witness testimony but not the physical evidence? Explain that away, please. Just like I don't give a duck about witnesses who support your points, I don't give a tuck about witnesses who support Wilson. I trust the physical evidence, which shows Brown was moving at a good pace toward Wilson. Period. But keep attacking stupid witnesses, which is always the least reputable part of any investigation, because that is the easy way to try convincing people that Wilson was wrong, especially those lacking intelligence enough to understand the physical evidence.

Brown was wrong, there are enough other cases where the police were wrong to voice anger and mount protests. But when the police get it right, they don't deserve this level of criticism. Wilson did his job as best as any cop could in his shoes.

How do you know about the pace Brown was moving at? I think I missed that part.

Back