Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

could have been but it did say she was still in uniform which makes me think probably not. The story also said his door was open which could have been a reason for her mistaking it for her apartment.

Are these new details? when I first read the story a couple days ago, it indicated her key wouldn't work and he answered the door. Unless she's new to the building, this isn't the type of mistake sober people make. I think she was whacked out on something. Although if I've learned anything from DSF, since she's a cop, she's most likely a racist looking for an excuse to murder minorities and not report it - it just didn't work out for her this time.

Last edited:
Are these new details? when I first read the story a couple days ago, it indicated her key wouldn't work and he answered the door. Unless she's new to the building, this isn't the type of mistake sober people make. I think she was whacked out on something. Although if I've learned anything from DSF, since she's a cop, she's most likely a racist looking for an excuse to murder minorities and not report it - it just didn't work out for her this time.

I heard some interview with some TX senator...he was talking about the door being open. I wasn't paying too much attention to it...maybe they were talking about the door being found open.

Well, at least the skin color. Unless she shouted "die n word die!" Or has a history of racial hatred.

Here is the actual article, now notice it doesn't say anything in the headline about race, or is it a central point to the report. It simply states that the officer in question was white, and the victim was black.

It's a non-issue. There are plenty of things the MSM blows out of proportion, this does not yet appear to be one of them....yet.

This is just tomdalton22 hearing hoofbeats and thinking Tyrannosauruses.

Here is the actual article, now notice it doesn't say anything in the headline about race, or is it a central point to the report. It simply states that the officer in question was white, and the victim was black.

It's a non-issue. There are plenty of things the MSM blows out of proportion, this does not yet appear to be one of them....yet.

I did not know the skin colors of the people involve after I first read about this story.

I did not know the skin colors of the people involve after I first read about this story.

I first heard about it on the radio, and not only did I not know the races of the people involved, the report did not mention the victim was a male, or the officer was a female. Those parts are the details, not the story.

My point was that they even mentioned race in the first place. You said they were just stating facts about the two people. There are 100's of facts about these two people and the one thing they point out is that the cop was white and the victim was black. They are sensationalizing it by pointing it out.

My point was that they even mentioned race in the first place. You said they were just stating facts about the two people. There are 100's of facts about these two people and the one thing they point out is that the cop was white and the victim was black. They are sensationalizing it by pointing it out.

Maybe make a list of news outlets the reported race right away, didn't report race at first until people started talking about it, and outlets that never reported race. Might be an interesting list.

Maybe make a list of news outlets the reported race right away, didn't report race at first until people started talking about it, and outlets that never reported race. Might be an interesting list.

I don't care about it that much.

Tyrannosauruses weren't hooved.

If I've learned anything from Gulo (who along with Byco is hopefully all ready for Hurricane Florence), it's that unconscious bias exists and influences human behavior.

If I had to surmise why a guy is dead in this case, I think that explains some large part of it.

I don't think the officer in this case woke up that morning intending to kill a black man in cold blood; I do think she would not have pulled the trigger had she been dealing with a white man or woman.

I would surmise that - drunk off her ass on booze and possibly also power - she stumbled home, and tried to enter the wrong apartment. Then, initially surprised when she discovered she was in the wrong place, took offense to a black guy yelling at her, and shot him.

Note: the media is already going out of their way to excuse her actions, floating a story from a neighbor that the victim "didn't comply"... and other stories about how long her shift was that day.

If I had a nickel for every 12+ hour day I worked that resulted in me shooting a guy in a case of mistaken identity...

Right, I am sure he wasn't trying to flee the scene. Nope, there was a magic carpet under the car which made it move.

Or was it the Leprechauns?

Get those confused sometimes.

Hearing hoofbeets and thinking of the Tyranosouros might be a mixed metaphor but it doesn’t mean the author believes that the Tyranosourous was hooved.

it does if he thinks he hears hoofbeats.

I figured I should let him know, just in case.

Last edited:
Back