Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

Hearing hoofbeets and thinking of the Tyranosouros might be a mixed metaphor but it doesn?t mean the author believes that the Tyranosourous was hooved.

I had the same thought. The metaphor is about bad judgement. The exaggerated bad judgement was intentional.

thank god you two are here to make sense of all these definitely serious, not sarcastic posts. what would we do without you?

Last edited:
That's pretty good. That's literally all the Marvel movie footage or any superhero themed movie I've seen since the first Iron Man. Should they be on my list?

Tough call. Some are better than others. I liked the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, and Thor Ragnarok.

Tough call. Some are better than others. I liked the 1st Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, and Thor Ragnarok.

wasn't there some record setting summer blockbuster this year that featured a bunch of Marvel characters - my younger cousins (20-somethigns) were raving about it but I didn't bother thinking I'd have to watch all the prior movies for the backstories - does that matter?

wasn't there some record setting summer blockbuster this year that featured a bunch of Marvel characters - my younger cousins (20-somethigns) were raving about it but I didn't bother thinking I'd have to watch all the prior movies for the backstories - does that matter?

Yeah. It's a big number of movies. I don't see them in the theater anymore. Several characters each get 1-3 movies and they all contain plot elements of a bigger story that brings all the characters together. The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, and Avengers: Infinity War are probably the movies that bring in the most elements from other movies.

The 3 I listed earlier stand up ok on their own.

If you were to just watch Infinity War (the record breaking blockbuster) without the other movies, I think it would seem pretty weird. They just keep throwing new characters into it. It cost 3 or 400 million to make it and it brought in $2 billion.

Here's a copy/pasted list from wikipedia:

Last edited:
Another cop shoots a civilian.

Of course, CNN started the story like this.

A Dallas police officer who fatally shot a man in his apartment after mistaking it for her own was arrested Sunday on a manslaughter charge, the Texas Rangers said.

Amber Guyger, who is white, was off-duty when she shot Botham Shem Jean, a black man, police said Thursday. The 26-year-old native of St. Lucia was unarmed. He died at a hospital.

It's VERY important that they indicate that the cop is white and the victim black.

UPDATE:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/us/dallas-police-officer-botham-jean/index.html

Charged with murder not manslaughter, which surprises me.

Thanks for the update.

I don’t think I would have fucked her.

At least, not based on her mug shot.

And based on her history, I definitely wouldn’t have taken her to my place.

Thanks for the update.

I don?t think I would have fucked her.

At least, not based on her mug shot.

And based on her history, I definitely wouldn?t have taken her to my place.

You sure you wouldn't rather have her at your place? She doesn't go light on dudes she thinks are in her house.

Of course, assuming your place is not in her building and looks nothing like hers...

Back