Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

They claimed it did

Obviously, tomdalton22, the fix was in from the start - there's not even any question, just like there's not even any question that Trump is the worst president ever and the GOP is the most corrupt political party in the history of all times.

Justice never had a chance.

You are just so na?ve sometimes.

Last edited:
So soon-to-be former DA Bob McCullough just gave a presentation at an Oregon DA convention, and a number of prosecutors (white) walked out, claiming his remarks and comments were racist and offensive. Among other things, he put up a slide showing a bunch of black teenagers and commented "This is what we're up against"

Link.

In case you had any remaining doubts...

So soon-to-be former DA Bob McCullough just gave a presentation at an Oregon DA convention, and a number of prosecutors (white) walked out, claiming his remarks and comments were racist and offensive. Among other things, he put up a slide showing a bunch of black teenagers and commented "This is what we're up against"

Link.

as per usual, the article doesn't prove anything as it merely quotes a guy who was "offended" and said his coworkers were offended too - by the way, nobody used the word racist. And of course you conveniently left out this perspective in the article, from another DA...

Not all of the district attorneys present agreed that McCulloch's presentation was racially insensitive. Clatsop County District Attorney Josh Marquis says he thinks McCulloch was unrestrained during the presentation, perhaps because he had just lost his election. McCulloch had been the lead prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County, Mo., since 1991.
"He may have been a little more candid than he would have been otherwise," says Marquis, who has served in leadership of the National District Attorneys Association with McCulloch. But Marquis says nothing he heard in the presentation seemed inappropriate or angry.
Does that just mean most Oregon DAs are also racist?

Link.

I'm looking to see if I can find the photo - or photos; it isn't clear whether there is more than one or not - but so far I haven't found them anywhere on line.

I'm looking to see if I can find the photo - or photos; it isn't clear whether there is more than one or not - but so far I haven't found them anywhere on line.

I was curious about that as well but found nothing. Could it have been a picture of a bunch of known gang bangers? convicted felons? Maybe it was a picture of Carlton and the Fresh Prince from a promo ad.

How likely/unlikely is it that the offended think like MC thinks and were just looking for something to find offensive?

Last edited:
Another cop shoots a civilian.

Of course, CNN started the story like this.

A Dallas police officer who fatally shot a man in his apartment after mistaking it for her own was arrested Sunday on a manslaughter charge, the Texas Rangers said.

Amber Guyger, who is white, was off-duty when she shot Botham Shem Jean, a black man, police said Thursday. The 26-year-old native of St. Lucia was unarmed. He died at a hospital.

It's VERY important that they indicate that the cop is white and the victim black.

murdered? Didn't the separate DOJ investigation and forensic evidence support Wilson's version of the event?

A Dallas police officer who fatally shot a man in his apartment after mistaking it for her own was arrested Sunday on a manslaughter charge, the Texas Rangers said.

Amber Guyger, who is white, was off-duty when she shot Botham Shem Jean, a black man, police said Thursday. The 26-year-old native of St. Lucia was unarmed. He died at a hospital.

It's VERY important that they indicate that the cop is white and the victim black.

She walked into someone?s else?s Apptartment and then shot the guy in his own place? Well either she was drunk or a complete dingbat or maybe she has poor eyesight but when I lived in apartments I am pretty sure I never went into the wrong one and shot someone. No excuse for this . Get her on trail . It seems like a pretty cut and dry case right ?

The media should be ashamed of themselves for this. The only time it is appropriate is when race played a part. I'm so sick of this divisive bullshit.

She walked into someone?s else?s Apptartment and then shot the guy in his own place? Well either she was drunk or a complete dingbat or maybe she has poor eyesight but when I lived in apartments I am pretty sure I never went into the wrong one and shot someone. No excuse for this . Get her on trail . It seems like a pretty cut and dry case right ?

it's cut and dry as far as her killing him. The investigation will determine what kind of sentence she should receive.

I wonder what really happened . Was alcohol involved?

could have been but it did say she was still in uniform which makes me think probably not. The story also said his door was open which could have been a reason for her mistaking it for her apartment.

Seems like simple fact reporting to me. I think you're doing exactly what you're complaining about...making more out of something than is there.

The media should be ashamed of themselves for this. The only time it is appropriate is when race played a part. I'm so sick of this divisive bullshit.

OMG right! the whole story should just be one human being shot and killed another human being, who cares about details!

OMG right! the whole story should just be one human being shot and killed another human being, who cares about details!

Well, at least the skin color. Unless she shouted "die n word die!" Or has a history of racial hatred.

Seems like simple fact reporting to me. I think you're doing exactly what you're complaining about...making more out of something than is there.

there are all kinds of facts that could be used in the story but the only descriptive facts they used were the races of the two individuals involved. That's not a coincidence.

there are all kinds of facts that could be used in the story but the only descriptive facts they used were the races of the two individuals involved. That's not a coincidence.

"Rght handed woman shoots and kills left handed man."

if the races were reversed, there would be no mention of race or if the shooter was a minority, regardless of the race of the victim. When there is a report of a dangerous fugitive the police are seeking, there's never any mention of the race. It's not as important in those cases where a wanted fugitive is way less of a threat to the public than an already identified person in custody - then it's so much more useful to the public to know that the shooter was white.

Last edited:
Back