Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fielder for Kinsler trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Freep says the deal is "pending Fielder's approval". Does he have a no trade clause? Would he dare say no?

Yes he does have a no trade clause and Texas was on it. Apparently, he's already waived it to let the trade go through.

I can't see any scenario in which the Rangers would agree to this deal. If they do, the Tigers should have agreed to it pretty much instantaneously.

Wow I'm stunned to see this quite honestly. Most of us have only been half joking when we mentioned the "trade Fielder" move. I didn't think there was gonna be any way they could move him. As others have said I think this helps the club especially when it comes to extending Miggy and Max.

The Freep says the deal is "pending Fielder's approval". Does he have a no trade clause? Would he dare say no?

From the MLBTR article... "Fielder has a limited no-trade clause as a part of his contract and it turns out that Texas was on his no-trade list, but he apparently waived it to help facilitate the deal."

I can't see any scenario in which the Rangers would agree to this deal. If they do, the Tigers should have agreed to it pretty much instantaneously.

Not a bad deal, change of scenery may help prince, good ballpark for him and they need a 1b and middle of the order guy after Hamilton left. They had profar whi was a top5 prospect blocked at ss so this opens 2b for him. Also, teams got 25m in revenue sharing, they can afford him

If Prince does get traded to the rump-rangers, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an extra effort to be a thorn in the Tigers' pitching paws when the teams play each other. As I posted in the other topic yet to be merged with this one, If Fielders' wife did in fact have an affair with ex-Tiger Gacia, I could see more motive for him to waive his NT clause for TX.

Who saw this coming?? DD with another trade.
Watching the Celts during cigar night and read the ticker bottom screen.
Looks like Miggy and Victor will split 1B and DH? maybe Nick goes back to 3rd, Kinsler at 2B,
and now in the market for Beltran? or another outfielder?

Certainly everything that Prince went through and then his horrible post season and comments
have alot to do with this.

Tigers now could have the money payroll relief to sign Scherzer long term and possible Miggy extension.

Last edited:
They had to trade one of Andrus, Profar, and Kinsler, so why not make the trade? They upgrade at 1B/DH, can play their cheap, young star, and it's like getting Fielder at a discount if you view Kinsler as dead money being the odd man out. They were gonna be paying him $16mil/yr whether he started at 2B or not. I think Texas is one of the few teams that this deal actually makes sense for. I suspect Prince will be a much better player in that park too.

Who saw this coming?? DD with another trade.
Watching the Celts during cigar night and read the ticker bottom screen.
Looks like Miggy and Victor will split 1B and DH? maybe Nick goes back to 3rd, Kinsler at 2B,
and now in the market for Beltran? or another outfielder?

Certainly everything that Prince went through and then his horrible post season and comments
have alot to do with this.
Man, this team would be an absolute powerhouse if we added Beltran in LF. Sign Nathan to close, and we'd have to be a heavy WS favorite.

As much as I like Prince I hated that contract from the minute he signed it. By trading him even if we pay 50 mil of it that gives us so much more flexibility and we can now try and lock up Max and Miggy.

I smell an Ellsbury signing..something else has to be in mind for DD. Imagine the speed/OBP combo of him and Kinsler at the top.

Think of it this way, would you trade 7yrs of Fielder for 5yrs of Kinsler and $70mil in salary relief? I sure as hell would, especially when you project what Fielder is gonna look like in '19 and '20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back