Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

final cuts

would be interesting what influence CJ could have on Stephen Hill....both GT guys.

Lions have announced their last eight cuts of the day. They are: RB Emil Igwenagu, WR Andrew Peacock, WR Patrick Edwards, TE Jordan Thompson, DT Andre Fluellen, DT Jimmy Saddle-McQueen, DT Xavier Proctor and LB Julian Stanford.

No real surprises. Moore made the 53 as of now. I could see him being traded. I expect a few more moves to be made.

Shit, Saddle-McQueen was cut? Fuck. The name alone they should have kept him.

DT Andre Fluellen

What is that now the 104th time he's been cut, odds he'll be back before the year is over? prolly pretty high. LOL

The Saints cut Champ Bailey. I just dont think he has much left sadly.

I really don't know. I thought they'd keep Durham for that very reason. I don't really know what they saw Fuller do during the preseason that makes them think he can take Durham's role. Durham wasn't that great, but he is a big body that can make things happen from time to time. Fuller's more of a potential-guy.

Even with fuller as a potential guy he is still showing more than Durham ever has. Kris Durham has no potential and is a bum. So glad the lions got this one right.

Of the names cut so far, the names I have the most interest in...

Stephan Hill: If Calvin can mentor him a little, he's a physical talent and wouldn't be worse than Durham.

Champ Bailey: Not much left in the tank, but maybe some fumes. We're really thin behind Mathis and Slay, which might actually be pretty thin up front too. If nothing else, his leadership and ability to teach Slay is worth the veteran minimum.

Michael Sam: The kid can play, but needs to learn. For the price of his contract, claim him.

Major Wright: He's not a superstar, but he can play.

Leon McFadden: He could be a starter if he didn't play for a team with a loaded secondary like the Browns, the only thing they do have going for them.

Derek Cox: He was a pretty high profile free agent just a year ago, and could still be a starter for someone.

Curtis Painter: If we absolutely MUST have a forme Caldwell QB, does it have to be Orlovsky?

Jerel Worthy: Big man for the middle, and has talent. Reminds me of Sammie Lee Hill a bit, and with Suh and Fairley headed for free agency, I'd sure love to have Hill back here about now.

Of the names cut so far, the names I have the most interest in...

Stephan Hill: If Calvin can mentor him a little, he's a physical talent and wouldn't be worse than Durham.

Champ Bailey: Not much left in the tank, but maybe some fumes. We're really thin behind Mathis and Slay, which might actually be pretty thin up front too. If nothing else, his leadership and ability to teach Slay is worth the veteran minimum.

Michael Sam: The kid can play, but needs to learn. For the price of his contract, claim him.

Major Wright: He's not a superstar, but he can play.

Leon McFadden: He could be a starter if he didn't play for a team with a loaded secondary like the Browns, the only thing they do have going for them.

Derek Cox: He was a pretty high profile free agent just a year ago, and could still be a starter for someone.

Curtis Painter: If we absolutely MUST have a forme Caldwell QB, does it have to be Orlovsky?

Jerel Worthy: Big man for the middle, and has talent. Reminds me of Sammie Lee Hill a bit, and with Suh and Fairley headed for free agency, I'd sure love to have Hill back here about now.

Stephen Hill - sure. Outside WR with some experience and speed.

Chump Bailey - no. All due respect to an all time great, but if you can't play you can't play. Hire him as a coach if you want a tutor.

Michelle Sam - no. George Johnson is just as good, just as cheap, and without the media headache.

Major Wrong - no. Not much better, if any, than what we have now.

Leon McFadden - sure.....but I think a trade for a CB is in the works. No more stop gap guys.

Curtis Painter - this was a joke right? Really? No.

Worthy - I'm an MSU guy and I still say no. More of a 3-4 DE.

My main man greenwood gone. Practice squad eligible. Loved the wrs. Little light at guard but Moore deserved the spot

Worthy - I'm an MSU guy and I still say no. More of a 3-4 DE.

the only thing id say about that is....reid and Webster both seem like better fits in a 3-4 as well. Getting a worthy for cheap this year and you could have (2) 3-4 DEs ready for next year going into an offseason where its likely youre losing suh/fairley. Get yourself and fatty and your 3-4 transition is complete.

worthy fat reid
Webster van noy Tulloch ansah

not a bad year 1 transition....

the only thing id say about that is....reid and Webster both seem like better fits in a 3-4 as well. Getting a worthy for cheap this year and you could have (2) 3-4 DEs ready for next year going into an offseason where its likely youre losing suh/fairley. Get yourself and fatty and your 3-4 transition is complete.

worthy fat reid
Webster van noy Tulloch ansah

not a bad year 1 transition....

If I'm Mayhew I make a hard push for Hill.

How about The Law Firm as our 4th running back. He is the power back that leshore never could be. I believe he is reasonably priced too!

Who is "the law firm"

6741095-large.jpg

Back