Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1 - Lions @ Bucs Thread

We won who cares how. We played a great game made some bad mistakes that could have cost us but they didnt. I just hope Louis D is OK. Although after being at the U of M game yesterday and sitting through the Lion game and screaming at the TV. My heart has had it and I may not be able to talk this week,

Good Win for the Lions.

It would have been nice to blow them out, but a Road win is a Road win..plus they faced some adversity and overcame it.

Now we just have to hope that Delmas isn't seriously injured.

wheels002 said:
We won who cares how. We played a great game made some bad mistakes that could have cost us but they didnt. I just hope Louis D is OK. Although after being at the U of M game yesterday and sitting through the Lion game and screaming at the TV. My heart has had it and I may not be able to talk this week,

Likewise

manchild98 said:
TigerMud said:
With the you can always find something to improve takeaway Linehan please don't get all conservative put em away next time!

So when was the last time they won the opener? it has to be many years.

2007 they beat Oakland in Oakland. 36-21.

oh yea I remember that one now, seems like that was twice as many years ago than it was. LOL

andthereitgoes84 said:
You guys listening to Schwartz?...He's pissed.

As he should be. It should have NEVER come down to the wire. The play calling in the last 8+ minutes of the game made me want to throw up. Horrible. At least we're on the winning end of the game this time, mistakes and all.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
Our O line dominated that game!

Damn right.. Backus, Sims, and Dom played very well. Peterman and Gosder are both morons just because of the 2 penalties. Great job overall. I think Mayhew knows what the fuck he's doing.

Besides the 2 penalties Gosdar and Peterman played great. I especially noticed Peterman down field burying some guys. Definitely as good as they played against what is supposed to be a good D Line.

I was all over Peterman last season, but he looks healthy finally and I think we'll get the 2009 Stephen Peterman who was among the best RGs in the league that year. GO LIONS!

Pretty impressive start.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
TigerMud said:
oh yea I remember that one now, seems like that was twice as many years ago than it was. LOL

Thank god Millen would have taken Russel over Megatron

you're right about that. thank god those days are finally over. I can begin to return to normal now I think. slowly.. lol

coel73 said:
andthereitgoes84 said:

As he should be. It should have NEVER come down to the wire. The play calling in the last 8+ minutes of the game made me want to throw up. Horrible. At least we're on the winning end of the game this time, mistakes and all.

What are you going to do air it out with that much time left fail and allow them to win. They would have had 1 play plus 2 hail marries if Gosder wasnt an idiot.

They simply can't win with some of you, if Linehan had called a bunch of passing plays that ended up in incompletes and sideline passes that stopped the clock and the game came down to the wire since TB would've gained an extra drive or two, people would still be calling for Linehan's head.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
andthereitgoes84 said:

What did he say.. My feed cut out after the game ended.

Branstater(whatever the hell his name is)asked if he was happy with the win...Jim said flat-out "NO". Thought it shouldn't have been that close...lot's of mistakes.

andthereitgoes84 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

What did he say.. My feed cut out after the game ended.

Branstater(whatever the hell his name is)asked if he was happy with the win...Jim said flat-out "NO". Thought it shouldn't have been that close...lot's of mistakes.

More mental than say schematic.

mhughes0021 said:
Schwartz pissed in his post game interview lol....love it.

That's a good coach. Don't be happy that you won...be pissed that you could have been better.

Back