Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1 - Lions @ Bucs Thread

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
coel73 said:
As he should be. It should have NEVER come down to the wire. The play calling in the last 8+ minutes of the game made me want to throw up. Horrible. At least we're on the winning end of the game this time, mistakes and all.

What are you going to do air it out with that much time left fail and allow them to win. They would have had 1 play plus 2 hail marries if Gosder wasnt an idiot.

Nope, but call a running play up the gut when the defense thinks you're going to run the ball up the gut isn't smart either. Something to change it up with out being too risky like some sweeps or short screens

manchild98 said:
mhughes0021 said:
Schwartz pissed in his post game interview lol....love it.

That's a good coach. Don't be happy that you won...be pissed that you could have been better.

Exactly, this is exactly why I have so much confidence in Schwartz, the guy knows what the fuck he is doing and won't accept being "good enough". He knew the preseason didn't mean shit and he knows that, even though we won, we could have performed much better. This guy is going to be our coach for a very long time

Romneybot said:
They simply can't win with some of you, if Linehan had called a bunch of passing plays that ended up in incompletes and sideline passes that stopped the clock and the game came down to the wire since TB would've gained an extra drive or two, people would still be calling for Linehan's head.

Right on, bro.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]uh....millen drafted calvin johnson

If we would have lost to the Raiders that year we would have had the #1 pick and Russel was the consensus #1 pick that year...

coel73 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

What are you going to do air it out with that much time left fail and allow them to win. They would have had 1 play plus 2 hail marries if Gosder wasnt an idiot.

Nope, but call a running play up the gut when the defense thinks you're going to run the ball up the gut isn't smart either. Something to change it up with out being too risky like some sweeps or short screens

I'm going to give Linehan the benefit of the doubt and say Stafford's calf cramps made them go ultra conservative. You have too many weapons now to just turn around and hand it off to try and run up the middle. We have playmakers...and no I'm not talking about airing out 50 yard bomb plays. You can be more creative and still be safe while picking up first downs and keeping the clock moving.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":tovt1dwh]uh....millen drafted calvin johnson

If we would have lost to the Raiders that year we would have had the #1 pick and Russel was the consensus #1 pick that year...[/quote:tovt1dwh]

I jut threw up in my mouth a little bit...but Hoopster would have loved that pick. :)

Romneybot said:
They simply can't win with some of you, if Linehan had called a bunch of passing plays that ended up in incompletes and sideline passes that stopped the clock and the game came down to the wire since TB would've gained an extra drive or two, people would still be calling for Linehan's head.

Nobody is saying they need to air it out, we needed to pick up just a few first downs and running isolation right into the middle of the line three times isn't going to cut it. Our short passing game was unreal today, if we complete just a few of those then TB doesn't even get a chance at the end of the game. It worked this time but if we were playing a better offense it could have gotten ugly.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":pq8nzniu]uh....millen drafted calvin johnson

If we would have lost to the Raiders that year we would have had the #1 pick and Russel was the consensus #1 pick that year...[/quote:pq8nzniu]

lol guess i can't fucking read after this weekend

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":yqu44s65]

If we would have lost to the Raiders that year we would have had the #1 pick and Russel was the consensus #1 pick that year...

lol guess i can't fucking read after this weekend[/quote:yqu44s65]

Too much yelling and boozing

manchild98 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

I jut threw up in my mouth a little bit...but Hoopster would have loved that pick. :)

Yes indeed lol

manchild98 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

I never knew he was a Jason Russell fan

half aren't happy we didn't put it away when they had multiple chances to, half think those half are whining and appear content, but all are happy we won.. Schwartz knows it never should have come down to the wire like that so it's all good. KC next week, KC is absolutely horrible. I see 2-0 fo sure, it's all good

Welp, like I said earlier; we won, so exaltations for everyone! Too bad I have to wait an hour per person lol

Yeah after yesterday i was never counting anybody out after what i saw in person last night... Man i hope Delmas is ok.. it should have been a blow out but a win is a win and you can learn much better coming off a win then a loss in my opinion.

Back