Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Bears @ Lions THANKSGIVING Thread

Wasn't aware they had ever been out of the playoff picture this year.

Even after back to back losses, 7-4 is definitely in the hunt. Every year a couple of 9-7 teams make the playoffs, so they were only 2 wins away from being right there.

Well this year 9-7 is not even sniffing a wildcard at all. To many teams battling for a WC this year in both leagues .. A 10-6 team may miss out like AZ did last year... Need the next three to be 11-5 and that probably locks it up...

Last edited:
sorry man....I haven't taken a vacation this year....don't get many days off....had to express my enjoyment lol.

No worries. My company picked a heck of a time to to a full scale systems conversion over 5 systems. But on the plus side I'm making triple time so I really shouldn't whine. I make as much in 10 hours today as i normally do in nearly 4 days normally. I was able to track down a stream of the game on my laptop while I worked and the Lions looked like a professional football team on offense today. Enjoy your time off hughes, it sounds like you've earned it.

Last edited:
We might see the worst record to ever make the playoffs this year. The Falcons are currently winning the NFC South with a 4-7 record, that is just sad. The worst record that I remember to make the playoffs was the 7-9 Seahawks a few years ago, I believe that may be the worst to ever make it in.

Which also means if we don't end up winning our division then we really need to be the 5th seed to have a realistic chance at beating the winner of that shitty division on the road.

Have to root for the Pats.

yeah, no shit. Packers might not lose another game this year. I don't think our chances of beating them on the road are high, but it'd be nice to at least have an even record with them in week 17. It'd be nice if the Pats knocked Rodgers out of the next few games...not that I'd ever wish injury on a player. :hehe:

because of the type of player he is, I doubt he can have a long lasting career like Jerry Rice, but how amazing would it be to be able to say we have had arguably the best RB and WR to ever play? I wish we could say the same for QB and certain defensive positions, but I'll take it.

Agree I don't think he'll end up catching rice but getting up to #2 could be doable, there is such as huge gap between 1 and 2

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm

I just wish this could have equated to a super bowl within our lifetimes

Last edited:
Obviously a poor start by the Lions, but very good after. Stafford looked very solid. That's the kind of play we need out of him on a regular basis. He was making correct decisions, and throwing with solid accuracy overall. If we could get 90% of the play consistently we would be good. Bell while not great seemed effective. WRs put up a very good performance overall, made it easy at times for Stafford which is what you need. Oline had struggles at times, but were decently solid at times.

Defense was exposed at times, coverage is still suspect, but dline seemed to get back to playing at a good level and LBers seemed solid in tackling.

Overall the most solid game since week 1, which is encouraging, however still have yet to see this against a decent defense, not too surprising the only 3 games Stafford has put up a rating over 90 is 3 of the worst defense in the league. So not sold on the offense being "back".

On a side note the announcers seemed horrible to me for the game. They seemed clueless on what they were talking about a good number of times.

agree...I just meant the playoff snap shot right now. If sea wins they hop us.

Got ya.......long way to go, though. Lions have an extremely favorable matchup the next 3 weeks.....just have to play a lot more like this.

Really liked Lombardi's game plan today....some short routes against the soft zones but still took a few shots. Screen game was really effective....they were well schemed and called at good times.

Hope JL AND Stafford learned from today. They leaned on Calvin while he was being singled but then spread it around when he wasn't. It worked.

2 more games like this and we'll be 10-4 and looking good.

Last edited:
Some of these throws are perfect, why can't Stafford do that more?

Too busy fucking around with trying to be a balanced offense. Pass heavy system is the only way Stafford gets his rhythm imo.

Games left..

AZ still has

@Atlanta...
KC............
@ St Louis.
Seattle......
@ SF.........

------------------------------
SF has

Seattle.............L
@ Oakland.....
@ Seattle.......
SD................
AZ.................

Seattle
@ SF.....................W
@ Philadelphia.....
SF......................
@ AZ..................
St Louis..............

Philadelphia

@ Dallas..............W
Seattle..............
Dallas.................
@ Washington......
@ NYG..................

Dallas
Philadelphia..............L
@ Chicago................
@ Philadelphia...........
Colts.........................
@ Washington...........

Detroit
Chicago..................w
Tampa bay...............
Minnesota .............
@ Chicago..............
@ GB.....................

Green Bay has
NE...........................
Falcons....................
@ Bills.....................
@ Tampa Bay...........
Detroit....................

I was only right on Detroit today so far. Guess I should stick to High school..lol

Last edited:
I was looking at Arizona's schedule earlier today...I could see them losing 3 or even 4 of those games. Sucks they have the tie breaker against us. Lots of tough games left on a lot of those schedules. We actually have the easiest schedule left...by far.

I agree an in fact in the other thread I predicted them to finish 9-7.. I could see them losing out..it really does suck if we both finish 10-6..

Last edited:
Back