Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Bears @ Lions THANKSGIVING Thread

Losing tiebreaker over Seattle due to common games...They are 3-0 we are 1-2 think.. Carolina, green bay and AZ.. Green bay our only win :/ Unless I missed one? ahead of Dallas due to better conference record 6-2 to 5-4 ..Cant use common games when one team gets to play a team twice...Dallas and Detroit both beat NO and lost to AZ... Dallas beat NYG twice and we beat them once which are thrown out I guess..

Last edited:
I was looking at Arizona's schedule earlier today...I could see them losing 3 or even 4 of those games. Sucks they have the tie breaker against us. Lots of tough games left on a lot of those schedules. We actually have the easiest schedule left...by far.

I agree we have the easiest schedule by far..

All I know is if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs because Atlanta defaulted themselves to a division win...I'll be EXTREMELY pissed. I'd bet money that at least one 10-6 team is going to be on the outside looking in at the end of the year, looking at the Falcons, going "seriously? Fucking SERIOUSLY??"...

All I know is if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs because Atlanta defaulted themselves to a division win...I'll be EXTREMELY pissed. I'd bet money that at least one 10-6 team is going to be on the outside looking in at the end of the year, looking at the Falcons, going "seriously? Fucking SERIOUSLY??"...

It sure would hurt..I posted a thread to debate on the NFL page.. The league really in my opinion needs to address this. In my opinion its a easy fix..

Last edited:
Of course I'm also possibly wrongly assuming ATL will come out on top...Payton and Brees probably have some fight left, but still...

Didn't get to post during the game yesterday but i must say that they liked very good. Adjusted to the quick passing attack, unlike against the pats.(cutler is no Brady) For most of the game the oline kept Stafford on his feet and he looked more in rhythm then he has all year. Not sure if the offense is coming together or the bears are just a terrible defense. So both sides and special teams played well. I would like to see them work the screen game more early in games since we really struggle running early. Bell broke out hard running and big runs late to inflate his total but it was great to kill clock effectively again.

We need to win the next three and hopefully with good strong performances like today instead of close games because they are all bad teams. Could come down to the last game of the season for us to have a shot at the two seed although a five seed may be the best shot at a playoff win but a playoff home game would be huge for this team and could give us a real shot at making a run.

I like all of you have been pissed about the poor play the last two weeks and it's inexcusable how they played. But on the road with all our roster transitioning over that span didn't help. Let's hope our boys keep progressing and playing well.

Kind of like last year when 10-6 Arizona was left out but a 8 win Packer team got in.
I don't think the system is completely broken, if you win your division I think you should make the playoffs. That said, I think the playoffs should be seeded based on overall record out of the 4 divisional winners and 2 wild card winners.

All though there would be some irony if Seattle ends up as the #1 WC team and has to travel to a shitty 7 win NFC south team to play a playoff game. A reversal of a few years back.

Not sure if the offense is coming together or the bears are just a terrible defense.

I think when calvin Johnson is running free.... wide open the entire game its usually terrible defense lol. They basically said...here ya go rookie fuller...have fun. nice gameplan douchebags lol.

I think when calvin Johnson is running free.... wide open the entire game its usually terrible defense lol. They basically said...here ya go rookie fuller...have fun. nice gameplan douchebags lol.
I was more speaking to the tempo of the gameplan. Stafford was hitting his drops and getting rid of the ball accurately down field. I couldn't find any faults with his game yesterday and this is a bears team which had played better in recent weeks against teams that can do a little on offense,especially in Tampa where they have some playmakers. I just saw Stafford being confident and decisive which he hasnt been all season. Either they may finally be learning the offense and coming together or the bears defense just made it look like it was. On a sidenote, lucas played well against allen and i was convinced going into this game that he was going to be disprove all game. He's not what he once was but still having a decent season after the pneumonia. Swanson has exceeded my expectations at guards because he's just not very strong yet but his technique is constantly improving. Final thought, we need Fairley back. The production has eroded away without him doing what he does. Ziggy has had flashes but nobody else is doing anything. I like are lb options and the thought of running more 3-4 while he's out should not be overlooked, in passing downs. Clearly the run d doesn't need to change.

Stafford had a great game yesterday. At the same time the Bears D was pretty banged up. Hopefully it'll give Stafford some confidence going into the last quarter of the season and into the playoffs.

I was more speaking to the tempo of the gameplan. Stafford was hitting his drops and getting rid of the ball accurately down field. I couldn't find any faults with his game yesterday and this is a bears team which had played better in recent weeks against teams that can do a little on offense,especially in Tampa where they have some playmakers. I just saw Stafford being confident and decisive which he hasnt been all season. Either they may finally be learning the offense and coming together or the bears defense just made it look like it was. On a sidenote, lucas played well against allen and i was convinced going into this game that he was going to be disprove all game. He's not what he once was but still having a decent season after the pneumonia. Swanson has exceeded my expectations at guards because he's just not very strong yet but his technique is constantly improving. Final thought, we need Fairley back. The production has eroded away without him doing what he does. Ziggy has had flashes but nobody else is doing anything. I like are lb options and the thought of running more 3-4 while he's out should not be overlooked, in passing downs. Clearly the run d doesn't need to change.

Bears are like 32nd in pass d. Im not saying you should expect the 0 tds in 2 games vs good man2man secondarys...but you definitely shouldn't expect an offensive explosion with clean pockets and cj running around wide open every game either.

The best thing that happened yesterday was our defense turned it up when they had to...only allowing 3 points the last 3 quarters was huge. Holding teams to under 20 will be the key moving forward with how inconsistent the offense has been.

Bears are like 32nd in pass d. Im not saying you should expect the 0 tds in 2 games vs good man2man secondarys...but you definitely shouldn't expect an offensive explosion with clean pockets and cj running around wide open every game either.

The best thing that happened yesterday was our defense turned it up when they had to...only allowing 3 points the last 3 quarters was huge. Holding teams to under 20 will be the key moving forward with how inconsistent the offense has been.

My biggest takeaway from yesterday was Lombardi's adjustments. He saw the Bears sitting back and adjusted to shorter routes, screens, shorter drops.....you know.....what a good OC does.

And what do you know.....our rhythm QB got into a rhythm!?!?

I get it was the Bears....but the right adjustments were made. Stafford found his groove.....and the offense rolled from there.

My biggest takeaway from yesterday was Lombardi's adjustments. He saw the Bears sitting back and adjusted to shorter routes, screens, shorter drops.....you know.....what a good OC does.

And what do you know.....our rhythm QB got into a rhythm!?!?

I get it was the Bears....but the right adjustments were made. Stafford found his groove.....and the offense rolled from there.
I completely agree. I've been screaming about this team for weeks now because they won't run a comprehensive screen game. Linehan was successful because he had a ton of screens for each skill position including te. Now we have an athletic te that has struggled with drops and winning one on one but we never use him in screens. No run game means you have to adjust with a short pass and screen game. They finally adjusted to some extent yesterday by controlling tempo and moving to 3 and 5 step drops instead of the holding patterns we've been running. I like the progress but it will need to take a few more steps if we want to see productivity like this going forward.

Yea i was impressed at the oline play after the fumble. The scheme was better and the tempo was more appropriate which is what we have all been saying. Stafford is capable of games like this every week but he needs to be comfortable. Those two tight window throws to tate show a qb trusting his reads. If he plays like that this team can go a long way

8-0 when we score 15 plus. Huge going forward now offense is exploding

I still point to Bears having a DT and S go down when it was 14-3, then suddenly Stafford had enough time and receivers were wide open.

Perhaps it is just coincidental timing, but we will discover more over next few games.

I still point to Bears having a DT and S go down when it was 14-3, then suddenly Stafford had enough time and receivers were wide open.

Perhaps it is just coincidental timing, but we will discover more over next few games.
Probably played a part but both guys went down really early. We hadn't made the adjustments yet so while i see your point the two players that went down are mediocre at best. Not game changers.

Probably played a part but both guys went down really early. We hadn't made the adjustments yet so while i see your point the two players that went down are mediocre at best. Not game changers.

devils advocate would say....weve played 11 games where the OC didn't adjust and 1 that the OC did.....sooo....just saying....

The best thing about yesterday's win was that it was a win with a decimated o line, Lombardi finally did good with the game plan..keep it up!

Back