Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Ravens @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

I missed it, didn't know there was a missed call against the Ravens on the 3 and 10 before the fg

http://m.detroitlions.com/s/30846/260?itemPos=4&itemUri=729627956/12641048121310131310104151210120

He also called broyles "chain mover" lol

SECURITY BLANKET

Running back Reggie Bush has become a favorite target of quarterback Matthew Stafford. He's probably taken some catches away from tight end Brandon Pettigrew this season, but that hasn't changed how Stafford views Pettigrew.

Earlier this season he called Pettigrew his "security blanket" in the middle of the field. Stafford won't have the luxury of that security on Sunday, however, as Pettigrew has been ruled out with an ankle injury.

"He's a guy that does it all for us," Stafford said of Pettigrew. "He's a jack of all trades. A guy that catches the underneath ball, made a great play on a down the field ball on a play that dinged him up a little bit. Blocks great in the run game and the pass game.

"I don't know that there is anybody going in to a game that has from a skill position point more on their plate as far as different things to do and different ways to help our team than he does. Week-in and week-out he's played at a high level this year."

He also called broyles "chain mover" lol

SECURITY BLANKET

Running back Reggie Bush has become a favorite target of quarterback Matthew Stafford. He's probably taken some catches away from tight end Brandon Pettigrew this season, but that hasn't changed how Stafford views Pettigrew.

Earlier this season he called Pettigrew his "security blanket" in the middle of the field. Stafford won't have the luxury of that security on Sunday, however, as Pettigrew has been ruled out with an ankle injury.

"He's a guy that does it all for us," Stafford said of Pettigrew. "He's a jack of all trades. A guy that catches the underneath ball, made a great play on a down the field ball on a play that dinged him up a little bit. Blocks great in the run game and the pass game.

"I don't know that there is anybody going in to a game that has from a skill position point more on their plate as far as different things to do and different ways to help our team than he does. Week-in and week-out he's played at a high level this year."

Actually I didnt, Stafford did

To be fair Broyles now unlocks the gate for the players parking lot to recoup some of his contract money. So in a way, supremely accurate.

The state of the franchise is an absolute mess.....that's on mayhew. Were not winning, he has a coaching staff that isn't winning and making horrible decisions that effect the outcomes of games, his franchise is being held hostage by 3 horrific contracts that he made. The team was rebuilding ever since he got here and he has yet to put a decent draft together until this year (Xanders). He fucked up the avril contract, which effected the Delmas contract. And hes about to enter an offseason where 90% of the fanbase wants a new coach, thinks their franchise qb cant get it done, and the "strength of the team" cant ever get to the qb or when they do they whiff on an arm tackle. We are a laughing stock cause on every major media outlet they all say the same thing.....all the talent in the world and cant get it done in a division being led by matt Flynn and josh mccown. Reggie bush and Tulloch were his only great signings since hes been here. KVB was good for spirit but he was overpaid to come here and his production sucked most of the time. Burleson is the KVB of the offense....great for morality....but in reality he gets 2 passes thrown to him per game. In my heart of hearts....I see mayhew as being a below average GM at best.

Drafting - D
Free Agency - D
Coaching Staff - D
Cap - D-

You`re completely clueless. That's all I have to say to you. How are people supposed to respond to your bullshit, buddy? Bush and Tulloch are the only good signings?? lmfao...you`re beyond fucked...wow

You`re completely clueless. That's all I have to say to you. How are people supposed to respond to your bullshit, buddy? Bush and Tulloch are the only good signings?? lmfao...you`re beyond fucked...wow

go ahead and name some others? durham? quin has been a joke. he keeps resigning delmas and Houston to new deals...hows that working out? Who has he signed that you are soooo enamored with?

edit....I came back after taking 10 minutes to try to think of who you could be thinking of that made you say im completely clueless cause I don't think mayhew has done jack shit in FA since hes been here. Im still at a loss...went thru the entire roster...still cant think of anyone worthwhile other than bush and tully.

Last edited:
go ahead and name some others? durham? quin has been a joke. he keeps resigning delmas and Houston to new deals...hows that working out? Who has he signed that you are soooo enamored with?

edit....I came back after taking 10 minutes to try to think of who you could be thinking of that made you say im completely clueless cause I don't think mayhew has done jack shit in FA since hes been here. Im still at a loss...went thru the entire roster...still cant think of anyone worthwhile other than bush and tully.

Glover is a joke now? lol ..he was one of the biggest names at the time. And dont forget, look at the secondary he's working with

Rob Sims ... more than solid RG.

Mosely ....solid run stopping DT

Joique Bell ... not a FA but phenomenal signing

Jason Jones .... should have been a starter and was looking like a very good signing but of course he gets hurt.

and resigning Levy over Durant was genius. Durant is a joke and Levy is looking at a possible All Pro season. Even you got that wrong, genius ...wow eh

Shaun Hill .... Staff goes down, i would feel comfortable with Hill. Probably the best backup QB in the league.

and KVB was a great signing at the time. What do you want from freeagents in the NFL? You dont really see a lot of guys jumping ship early in the NFL because good players are too valuable and usually get locked up by their original teams. Mayhew has done well with this team. Not too many teams will get a mega superstar via FA.

Last edited:
Glover is a joke now? lol ..he was one of the biggest names at the time. And dont forget, look at the secondary he's working with

Rob Sims ... more than solid RG.

Mosely ....solid run stopping DT

Joique Bell ... not a FA but phenomenal signing

Jason Jones .... should have been a starter and was looking like a very good signing but of course he gets hurt.

and resigning Levy over Durant was genius. Durant is a joke and Levy is looking at a possible All Pro season. Even you got that wrong, genius ...wow eh

Shaun Hill .... Staff goes down, i would feel comfortable with Hill. Probably the best backup QB in the league.

and KVB was a great signing at the time. What do you want from freeagents in the NFL? You dont really see a lot of guys jumping ship early in the NFL because good players are too valuable and usually get locked up by their original teams. Mayhew has done well with this team. Not too many teams will get a mega superstar via FA.

quin has been pathetic....hes a run stuffing 8th man for the box and we play 6 in the box and we put our safeties on islands in coverage. nice fit mayhew...fucking idiot.

sims he traded for

mosely blows and sess like 10 snaps a game

Jason jones...whatever

levy...1 good yea cause other teams throw it right at him....yippie. he still sucks in run D and never has outside leverage.

shaun hill lmao...im not giving mayhew credit for resinging a middle aged back up qb that doesn't see the field. How do u know hes one of the best in the NFL...he hasn't thrown a pass in 2 years.

KVB was awful....and obviously did nothing to change this teams work ethic or discipline.

Last edited:
quin has been pathetic....hes a run stuffing 8th man for the box and we play 6 in the box and we put our safeties on islands in coverage. nice fit mayhew...fucking idiot.

sims he traded for

mosely blows and sess like 10 snaps a game

Jason jones...whatever

levy...1 good yea cause other teams throw it right at him....yippie. he still sucks in run D and never has outside leverage.

shaun hill lmao...im not giving mayhew credit for resinging a middle aged back up qb that doesn't see the field. How do u know hes one of the best in the NFL...he hasn't thrown a pass in 2 years.

KVB was awful....and obviously did nothing to change this teams work ethic or discipline.

And thats why you know nothing about football

Back