Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Ravens @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

Remember when they was 6-3 this year and we actually allowed ourselves to believe they might win the div and have a home playoff game!

Good times, highlight of our season 5 mins of actual thought the cycle of shit may have finally come to an end...that was awesome

They make a huge difference, bro. Get rid of these guys and the franchise gets set back another 5 years. You think we're bad now? Ohhhhhhhh ...wow

suh doesn't make 21 mil a yr difference

Stafford doesn't make 94 mil difference

calvin is probably the only one that actually deserves his money and that's cause of how much other teams gameplan for him that should open up opportunities for other players....but Stafford doesn't take advantage of it.

suh doesn't make 21 mil a yr difference

Stafford doesn't make 94 mil difference

calvin is probably the only one that actually deserves his money and that's cause of how much other teams gameplan for him that should open up opportunities for other players....but Stafford doesn't take advantage of it.

Stafford is the franchise wether you believe it or not and Suh is one of the best if not thee best DT in the league. Get rid of any of these two and either our offense or defense gets set back. You willing to wait another 3-5 years? I doubt you are .....

Last edited:
They've been rebuilding for 56 years now, what's another 5?

They've been rebuilding for 56 years now, what's another 5?

Lets trade everybody then!!! Get into cap hell and get younger and worse than we already are. Sounds like a fn hell of a plan!!

I'm starting to hear you on the new coaching staff maybe but Mayhew isn't the problem. He's done well with this team...

The state of the franchise is an absolute mess.....that's on mayhew. Were not winning, he has a coaching staff that isn't winning and making horrible decisions that effect the outcomes of games, his franchise is being held hostage by 3 horrific contracts that he made. The team was rebuilding ever since he got here and he has yet to put a decent draft together until this year (Xanders). He fucked up the avril contract, which effected the Delmas contract. And hes about to enter an offseason where 90% of the fanbase wants a new coach, thinks their franchise qb cant get it done, and the "strength of the team" cant ever get to the qb or when they do they whiff on an arm tackle. We are a laughing stock cause on every major media outlet they all say the same thing.....all the talent in the world and cant get it done in a division being led by matt Flynn and josh mccown. Reggie bush and Tulloch were his only great signings since hes been here. KVB was good for spirit but he was overpaid to come here and his production sucked most of the time. Burleson is the KVB of the offense....great for morality....but in reality he gets 2 passes thrown to him per game. In my heart of hearts....I see mayhew as being a below average GM at best.

Drafting - D
Free Agency - D
Coaching Staff - D
Cap - D-

Last edited:
The state of the franchise is an absolute mess.....that's on mayhew. Were not winning, he has a coaching staff that isn't winning and making horrible decisions that effect the outcomes of games, his franchise is being held hostage by 3 horrific contracts that he made. The team was rebuilding ever since he got here and he has yet to put a decent draft together until this year (Xanders). He fucked up the avril contract, which effected the Delmas contract. And hes about to enter an offseason where 90% of the fanbase wants a new coach, thinks their franchise qb cant get it done, and the "strength of the team" cant ever get to the qb or when they do they whiff on an arm tackle. We are a laughing stock cause on every major media outlet they all say the same thing.....all the talent in the world and cant get it done in a division being led by matt Flynn and josh mccown. Reggie bush and Tulloch were his only great signings since hes been here. KVB was good for spirit but he was overpaid to come here and his production sucked most of the time. Burleson is the KVB of the offense....great for morality....but in reality he gets 2 passes thrown to him per game. In my heart of hearts....I see mayhew as being a below average GM at best.

Drafting - D
Free Agency - D
Coaching Staff - D
Cap - D-

Your assessment. F

Drafting B+
Free Agency A-
Trades:A-
Coaching: B
Cap: A (given the circumstances). But that's Lewand too.

Drafting B+
Free Agency A-
Trades:A-
Coaching: B
Cap: A (given the circumstances). But that's Lewand too.

So on a grading system the players have a 3.75 GPA and the Coaching a 3.0 yet they are a .500 team that is probably not going to make the playoffs? I think you must be grading on a LION'S curve!

They are in 3rd place in a division led by josh mccown and matt Flynn D

I had just started to recover today before I read this, now I'm all messed up again!

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Back