Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Ravens @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

The thing I hate about Stafford mechanics argument is that goes both ways. If they win and staff plays decent, it is all "did you see that throw? he has that throw in his repotoire, not many quarterbacks can fit it in a window like that." If staff misses a couple sidearms, it is "stafford needs to work on his mechanics, that throw was way behind him."

good mechanics promote consistancy. That is what Stafford lacks....consistancy.

Stafford lacks cardiovascular endurance as Shanahan would say. If Shanahan is fired maybe he would fit here. He's not afraid to bench starting quarterbacks, I admire that

Stafford lacks cardiovascular endurance as Shanahan would say. If Shanahan is fired maybe he would fit here. He's not afraid to bench starting quarterbacks, I admire that

Shanahan is horrible, would rather have bozo the clown coaching this lousy team than Shanahan.

Shanahan is trying to get himself fired. I believe he can't quit or resign or he loses out on 7 million and can't get another job. If the team let's him go then he is free and clear to get the Houston job.

Here's a depressing stat

In the last 10 days, Detroit pro sports teams are 2-11

If it wasn't for the Pistons, that record would be winless

Here's a depressing stat

In the last 10 days, Detroit pro sports teams are 2-11

If it wasn't for the Pistons, that record would be winless

Pistons - Up and coming team. They'll make the playoffs this year ONLY because the East is pathetic. But Dumars has actually done pretty well recently and is only a star away from being a legit contender.

Red Wings - Rebuilding. They are the Patriots of the NHL. Even in down years they are still decent - good.

Tigers - One of baseballs elite. Hopefully Ausmus can put them over the top.

Lions - Um......up and coming team with talent but no leadership. No, wait.....pretenders with a .500 record in the NFL worst division. No, wait.....young core, need a few more pieces. No, wait.....CJ will be 29 next year. That's getting pretty close to the edge in NFL years. His knees/ankles seem to be giving him chronic problems.....but he is still the best. Can he last long enough to be a factor when/if we get over the hump? Or, will Detroit piss away another all time great?

I give up. It's 11:18. Hooters is open. I'll revisit the question in another 7 beers.

Pistons - Up and coming team. They'll make the playoffs this year ONLY because the East is pathetic. But Dumars has actually done pretty well recently and is only a star away from being a legit contender.

Red Wings - Rebuilding. They are the Patriots of the NHL. Even in down years they are still decent - good.

Tigers - One of baseballs elite. Hopefully Ausmus can put them over the top.

Lions - Um......up and coming team with talent but no leadership. No, wait.....pretenders with a .500 record in the NFL worst division. No, wait.....young core, need a few more pieces. No, wait.....CJ will be 29 next year. That's getting pretty close to the edge in NFL years. His knees/ankles seem to be giving him chronic problems.....but he is still the best. Can he last long enough to be a factor when/if we get over the hump? Or, will Detroit piss away another all time great?

I give up. It's 11:18. Hooters is open. I'll revisit the question in another 7 beers.

If Calvin doesn't want his career pissed away maybe he should start making critical catches

If Calvin doesn't want his career pissed away maybe he should start making critical catches

He had a bad game Monday night, but he has made critical catches throughout his career prior to that. It's fine to be upset about the game, but we shouldn't act like CJ has been under-performing during his career.

CJ is like Miguel Cabrera. Every now and then they go through one of those games but because they have been dominate their entire career I won't bitch about them. The fact I'm not sure where either team would be without them.

CJ is like Miguel Cabrera. Every now and then they go through one of those games but because they have been dominate their entire career I won't bitch about them. The fact I'm not sure where either team would be without them.

Nobody is perfect. The good and great far outweigh the bad and we should be very thankful we have Calvin. The game plans by oppopnents makes Calvin so needed. That being said, could Calvin had made a handful more plays to give the Lions an extra W or 2. Sure. But no one player causes a loss.

It was the same with Stafford but too much bad is creeping in lately.

Last edited:
Nobody is perfect. The good and great far outweigh the bad and we should be very thankful we have Calvin. game plans by oppopnents makes Calvin so needed. That being said, could Calvin had made a handful more plays to give the Lions an extra W or 2. Sure. But no one player causes a loss.

It was the same with Stafford but too much bad is creeping in lately.

Love cj....but it'd be a blessing in disguise if he wanted to leave and play for a contender. We need to blow this bitch up. Unless cj, suh and staff all come together and want to play together for the rest of their careers and they ALL decide to pull a tom Brady and take a pay cut....then were going to have to dump at least one of them. its time to start thinking which one it is and what value you can get for him. Imo you cant give up stafford unless you have someone to replace him. Suh wont get his full value cause if you throw him on the trade block not all teams want to deal with him. Cj is the best player at his position entering the 2nd half of his career.....every team in the nfl would give up atleast a 1st rd pick for him.

Love cj....but it'd be a blessing in disguise if he wanted to leave and play for a contender. We need to blow this bitch up. Unless cj, suh and staff all come together and want to play together for the rest of their careers and they ALL decide to pull a tom Brady and take a pay cut....then were going to have to dump at least one of them. its time to start thinking which one it is and what value you can get for him. Imo you cant give up stafford unless you have someone to replace him. Suh wont get his full value cause if you throw him on the trade block not all teams want to deal with him. Cj is the best player at his position entering the 2nd half of his career.....every team in the nfl would give up atleast a 1st rd pick for him.

He's been setting passing records here, why would he want to go elsewhere. As far as draft picks if this happened it better be more than a 1st.

He's been setting passing records here, why would he want to go elsewhere. As far as draft picks if this happened it better be more than a 1st.

To win. And ofcourse itd end up being more than a 1st....u let them fight it out and take the best offer u get.

To win. And ofcourse itd end up being more than a 1st....u let them fight it out and take the best offer u get.

Then why would Detroit want to trade him? Of the high priced guys there are others I'd trade before CJ.

Based on dead money, Calvin and Stafford going nowhere the next 2 years at least. Maybe 3. And a new Suh deal lowers his cap number from what it is set to be. Those 3 can be worked out. Plus you can play the restructure game again starting next year. Fairley is under contract next year and the Lions have an option year they can pick up which is the average of the 9th-21st DT salary I believe. So he's here 2014-2015 for sure. I keep Suh over Fairley all day every day in 2016 and beyond.

They have to get a Suh a new deal and fix Burlesons and Delmas contract. And then go from there. Pettigrew, Willie Young and Shaun Hill, nice to bring them back but they are all expendable and can be replaced with a draft pick. Maybe already replaced with Jason Jones and Devin Taylor in Young's case.

And you don't trade Calvin with a gamble pick or two. Plus with dead money you can't. Trading him makes things worse financially. The back 7 is really on Houston, Quin, Bentely and Delmas to play a little better and Slay/Green to develop right now. Dline and Tulloch/Levy are set. 3rd LB is run downs only and Palmer fills that fine.

Cuz he's old. Stafford needs to come into his own, he's been blessed with the top receiver at both levels of his career. I give CJ 2 years, Stafford locking on CJ is going to end CJS career before it's his time to go. Forcing passes to him should be discouraged, for CJS sake.

Back