Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Ravens @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

Seriously though I think I'd rather talk about the paranormal and other unknown shit rather then getting all depressed over the lions for 4-5 months every damn year. Is there another active place here this could be done at?

1. Stafford with some bad throws but drops killed us again.
2. Defense played very good
3. Just when you think the officiating couldnt get any worse, it does. Delmas call was a joke, phantom PI calls against us, Durham getting armbarred with no call is laughable.
4. Ravens are a joke .... thank God for Justin Tucker on their end
5. Lions choking when they need to step up.

bottomline, this team has so much talent but cant piece it together. Im a Schwartz guy but its time for change now. im sold on it now. Hello, Lovie Smith? idk anymore, im in shock still and depressed at the same time. i feel like hurting someone but i need a hug too lol. im going to bed lol

It's time for a qb controversy imo. Stafford makes too many mistakes, period.

QB controversy with Shaun Hill? Never gonna happen ..... EVER

Something needs to happen. He's barely completing 50 percent of his passes over the last 5 games. I saw a stat pop up on the screen showing that in that stretch he's completing 25 percent of his passes in the 4th quarter. That is worth at least a benching at some point. It's not nfl worthy. This kid needs something.

bottomline, this team has so much talent but cant piece it together. Im a Schwartz guy but its time for change now. im sold on it now. Hello, Lovie Smith? idk anymore, im in shock still and depressed at the same time. i feel like hurting someone but i need a hug too lol. im going to bed lol

+1 tony. amen.

It looks like I was the only smart one here...I went to bed at the half. I knew that they would lose this game. Stafford at his best! I can't wait to read LKP's excuse thread today!

It looks like I was the only smart one here...I went to bed at the half. I knew that they would lose this game. Stafford at his best! I can't wait to read LKP's excuse thread today!

"Bad luck, no one could expect a 61-yard FG"

"Bad luck, no one could expect a 61-yard FG"

For a second i thought you were saying that on behalf of yourself. So dejected right now. I'm just hoping to wake up to see that somebody from the coaching staff is fired.

1. Stafford with some bad throws but drops killed us again.
2. Defense played very good
3. Just when you think the officiating couldnt get any worse, it does. Delmas call was a joke, phantom PI calls against us, Durham getting armbarred with no call is laughable.
4. Ravens are a joke .... thank God for Justin Tucker on their end
5. Lions choking when they need to step up.

Stafford is still our guy. He made some mistakes, but it was a team loss. This game is still at least partly on Stafford though. Playcalling was an issue too, as was the zebras. I feel like the only time we ever got the benefit of the doubt was Levy on the knee of Flacco.

Come on Stafford's mechanics and decisions have gotten worse all season...
HE WAS HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT.
Yes it is a team loss..
But three INT"s
Matt has so regressed this year it is not even funny
Drops.
Poor throws.
Poor play calling.
turnovers.
Clock Management?
Refs.
3rd and 1...(lets go empty back set).
3rd and 15 ( Lets rush 4).
Go up 10 ..(fake Fg whiff).
Up 14-0...( McCoy goes wild in a quarter).
48 defensive penalties..(ties lead league)..(It may by offside flags only).
Tampa bay at home :/

We can go on and on and on..

Last edited:
The refs were awful last night. Benefited Baltimore more I think but we got lucky they didn't call that one where their QB got hit low.

But Staff needs too complete more than 52% of his passes. Drops don't count for Ali that. I thought he was accurate early, CJ dropped that nice slant pass but then he started missing passes all over.. And the last one was a fitting end..10 feet over the guys head. And what's up with his stupid sidearm passes?

Definitely a team loss but Staff not getting the job done again.

61 yards, we all knew it was going in.

No LKP today? He must be watching the gametape over and over trying to come up with the excuses.

No LKP today? He must be watching the gametape over and over trying to come up with the excuses.

We already know what he's going to say. Lions should have won, but drops killed Matt Stafford's otherwise brilliant game. That first INT doesn't count the Ravens were fortunate they had a man standing right where Bush tipped the ball! Maybe sprinkle in some ref bashing, and the unfortunate luck of having a kicker make 6/6 FG (i.e. doing his job).

Last edited:
The thing I hate about Stafford mechanics argument is that goes both ways. If they win and staff plays decent, it is all "did you see that throw? he has that throw in his repotoire, not many quarterbacks can fit it in a window like that." If staff misses a couple sidearms, it is "stafford needs to work on his mechanics, that throw was way behind him."

Back