Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Ravens @ Lions *Monday Night Football* Thread

Weve had suh Stafford and calvin....were not winning....something needs to change. We all know staff doesn't deserve his money....not much we can do about that. Suh definitely isn't worth 21 mil...need to restructure or dump him after next year. Even know theres dead money involved I think a trade could still happen.....the other team can send cash too cant they?

And you don't trade Calvin with a gamble pick or two. Plus with dead money you can't. Trading him makes things worse financially. The back 7 is really on Houston, Quin, Bentely and Delmas to play a little better and Slay/Green to develop right now. Dline and Tulloch/Levy are set. 3rd LB is run downs only and Palmer fills that fine.

step late delmas needs to go. quin is fine against the run but horrid in coverage. Slay could replace what Houston does but we still need another corner. Bentley is fine in the slot.

Weve had suh Stafford and calvin....were not winning....something needs to change. We all know staff doesn't deserve his money....not much we can do about that. Suh definitely isn't worth 21 mil...need to restructure or dump him after next year. Even know theres dead money involved I think a trade could still happen.....the other team can send cash too cant they?

No this isn't baseball. All 3 are untradeable at this point.

They already made it work with 3 big contracts. See Bush, Quin and Jones signings. It's not about the money. It's about turnovers and Stafford getting his head out of his ass.

Suh extension will be around 14-15 cap number. Do nothing 21 million. Trade him 19.4. Extending Suh is the only and best option. He's a very good player. Getting rid of Suh(unnecessary to do) to plug a CB hole with a rsiky draft pick could make us much worse.

Extending Suh gives the Lions more money to work with in the short term than trading him. Long run, more money but you lose a great player.

Last edited:
Suh extension will be around 14-15 cap number. Do nothing 21 million. Trade him 19.4. Extending Suh is the only and best option. He's a very good player. Getting rid of Suh(unnecessary to do) to plug a CB hole with a rsiky draft pick could make us much worse.

Extending Suh gives the Lions more money to work with in the short term than trading him. Long run, more money but you lose a great player.

The lions could win more games with James Winston, dorial green Beckham and Tim Jernigan. Theyd make Like $150 mil less than staff cj and suh.....that means were doing something wrong.

The lions could win more games with James Winston, dorial green Beckham and Tim Jernigan. Theyd make Like $150 mil less than staff cj and suh.....that means were doing something wrong.

That is a total guess by you.

That is a total guess by you.

not really....I guarantee jameis can throw for 55% in the nfl. I can guarantee tim Jernigan can get 0 sacks in a Baltimore game. And I can guarantee you DGB catches passes right at him. not to mention wed have 150 mil to spend elsewhere which could upgrade secondary and depth issues. Its basically enough money to pull Detroit out of bankruptcy.....id be a hero.

Winston could have 40%, Suh did alot of other things and commanded more attention and DGB could drop balls too. College to NFL bro. Totally different.

Stafford>>>>>Winston

8 of his 16 inc were on stafford. 3 picks. 9 bad in total

I was wondering when the "we need to trade Suh/Calvin/Stafford" talk was going to start ..lol. You guys are pathetic :^/

I guess but im still not trading away any of our three best players. lets be realistic for a minute ..

Me neither but all in all what difference do they make, we still lose with em all the same as we do without them

Me neither but all in all what difference do they make, we still lose with em all the same as we do without them

They make a huge difference, bro. Get rid of these guys and the franchise gets set back another 5 years. You think we're bad now? Ohhhhhhhh ...wow

Which is easier to take, bunch of nobody's losing or team half full of talent... still losing, it's a toss up isn't it? I mean you expect the team full of nobody's to lose.. I suppose the better players still sell more tickets though and ensure more generations of broken cynical loser lion fans are created so ok sure on that note keep the cycle of shit alive from here till the end of time.

Back