Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Packers @ Lions Thread

Very impressed with this defense. Not so much with the OL.

This.

Staff made enough throws to move the chains. Tate showed exactly why he is considered to have the best hands in the NFL.

Levy and the D-Line showed up.

Snuggie was awesome.

Good W!

Pleasently surprised and happy they was able to beat the packers today with virtually no secondary good job stepping up d line and taking the pressure off em

Last edited:
I don't remember the pressure he got when he threw the pics but they weren't good passes. And the fumble, though on Reynolds, was a big Matt fk up. Any win is a good win but overall Matt was not good.

So Peppers comes in basically unblocked and you blame Stafford?

Funny.

I don't remember the pressure he got when he threw the pics but they weren't good passes. And the fumble, though on Reynolds, was a big Matt fk up. Any win is a good win but overall Matt was not good.

wasn't much pressure on the first pick. The second pick was just him throwing it up on 3rd down. 1st pick was horrible. Second one I can live with. The fumble...yeah, he could have done more to protect the ball.

I take back my pessimism, at least for this game if we win. They have been controlling the clock with some steady drives. I wish there were more points on the board to make for a more comfortable lead but I would have never imagined the pack would have only 7 points with 3 minutes to go in the game.

great 4th quarter when we needed it. Would have got scray if arod throws a better pass to jordy in the end zone....but woulda shoulda coulda....overall defense played well....somehow lol.

anyone know about Waddle's timeline to return? I think himcoming back would be a huge boost.

Partially yeah. He needs to hang onto the ball..it's not like he didn't see Peppers. Wasn't blind sided.

Play/read had him looking left.

Hate Stafford all you want, blame him for two bad throws on the INT's. But that fumble was not on him.

Stafford played OK today. Well enough to beat GB!!!

In terms of NFL quality, this game was pretty awful.

But I'll take the win.

this...

offense
Stafford looked off almost the entire game. even on his completions his wrs were sliding, jumping, reaching, leaping, stretching...the inaccuracy was apparent.

Run game stepped up in the 4th when we needed it....similar to the giants game. Good to see we can run the ball even when its expected...and in crunch time.

who the fuck is ebron and why did we pick him in the top 10?

defense
levy is great

slay is playing very very well

dline played well today

arod made ALOT of very bad throws....he helped us win just as much as our defense did

ST

ross did good

freese sucks

Coaching

not happy with our end of 1st half clock management. run the clock...then start throwing it....no clear plan. was dumb...

Hate Stafford all you want, blame him for two bad throws on the INT's. But that fumble was not on him.

That's your opinion. My opinion is Matt is partially to blame. Maybe he's what you want to see in an elite QB, I don't. I want better.

He only had like 3 true completions....the rest of them were lucky that the WRs can adjust so well to a poorly thrown ball.

need to hope Tulloch can make it back. knee issues usually take 2-3 weeks minimum even if its not a tear.

The defense played well enough to beat gb. Give the credit where it's due. Stafford played good enough to lose another game to gb. Good game d. Stafford needs to play better

All the questions about whether Austin was ready to be a D-Coordinator have been answered I think. To get a unit as depleted as Detroit's defense was ready to play 60 minutes of football is beyond impressive.

Seeing a Green Bay team score 7 total points with no injuries on their offense is glorious.

Was at the game. Great game to see. Stafford played like dog shit in first half. Rebounded some in second. Fuller could have had first pick though. Fumble not on him.

Great defense to hold Rodgers down. I will take it despite three turnovers. Could have been a blowout.

And cut freeze for sure

Last edited:
Back