Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Tough NFC North win on the road...which is always a good win.

But...the offense needs to figure their passing game out.

Conflicting feelings here. Happy that we got a W and moved to three and one. Minnesota is a tough team and we just beat them on the road. Also, does it show that we are improving that we can play a shitty game against a good team and still get a W?

On the reverse side. We played like absolute crap. Our offense is terrible right now. JBC is a pussy and his offense is even more predictable than last year's.

Well in theory it allowed the Lions to attempt a pass without any risk, the incompletion has no impact because the clock was stopping regardless at the end of the play.

But since we have no balls I guess it didn't matter.

Ya stafford cant complete passes...so they had nothing to worry about :D

OC getting fired maybe?

No chance. Caldwell loves these games. This is clearly their game plan week to week. There going to go with the don't make a mistake, conservative offense most weeks and let the defense do their thing.

I don't always like it either but it's getting them W's. Today I was ok being on the conservative side and the offense just looked out of sync all day. But yes, I think we were too conservative.

A win is a win, but there's a ton of room for improvement. Playing like that with a 7 point lead isn't usually going to work out like it did today.

I had no issues either. This was a Defensive ball game, and Minny's defense is damn good as well so I wasn't surprised the offense had trouble.

The way I look at it, what good is a great offense if your defense can't stop shit? I'll gladly trade a great offense for a great defense.

Lots of room for improvement gutless play calling jim bob Caldwell need to grow a pair..glad they won though today dropping to 2-2 after last weeks tough loss would have really sucked

I had no issues either. This was a Defensive ball game, and Minny's defense is damn good as well so I wasn't surprised the offense had trouble.

The way I look at it, what good is a great offense if your defense can't stop shit? I'll gladly trade a great offense for a great defense.

Doesn't have to be one or the other. Great defense with an offense that can at least put the game away with a measly fg over the final 6 drives. Our puttz of an OC has a lot to do with that. Use some creativity to pick up a couple first downs. We don't have to just lay on a one score lead, extend that shit

Last edited:
Team deserves to be 3-1 aftrr getting last week's game ripped from us .. Defense deserves it for sure !!!!

Tru win for Minnesota though. Multiple missed DPI calls and Dalvin Cook injury.

Damn it, I tried not too go to the tru win schtick......I just couldn't help myself!!

Tru win for Minnesota though. Multiple missed DPI calls and Dalvin Cook injury.

Damn it, I tried not too go to the tru win schtick......I just couldn't help myself!!

True loss for both teams. Didn't look like either team wanted to win.

Back