Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Vikings Thread

You may as well had 3 high school WRs you pay $50 a game yesterday. They were worthless. Everything was a checkdown to RB or TE. They blitzed Lbs or a S almost the entire game and we didnt take advantage of it once. The fact we dont have an OC that can adjust and get someone open is scary. The fact we dont have a QB that can check into something to take advantage is scary. The fact we dont have WRs that can get open quick enough to take advantage is scary. MIN just provided a blueprint for the rest of the league on how to completely destroy this offense. We need Decker back asap so we dont have to chip a DE with our fucking all pro WR lol....who does that?!

11 turnovers is huge. Turnovers win you games. Great job by the defense

Lions offense has the talent. Vikings have a really good super healthy D. We played some really good defenses so far.

Stafford and the Lions will turn it on offense. I could see a big game the next two weeks. Then Decker comes back too after the bye.

Once the offense gets going, we are going to destroy teams

I don't care how we win games. Just fkn win them!! Defense is ballin out!!! It's about time lol. I have only seen this a few times in my lifetime. Usually it's the offense that bails this fkn team out of games or just kept it close.

And there is no specific blueprint on how to stop this offense. The Vikings have studs all over the place on defense. They have the luxury of dialing up exotic blitzes because their seconday is so damn good. The rest of the NFL doesn't. There's only a couple of teams that can pull that off. Let them try though because they'll get gashed...

Right now the blue print to stop this offense is to dress 11 and make them go more than 50 yards.

Maybe, maybe not. That was a hell of a good helmet hit on that ball.

Anyone else have to laugh to themselves when Abdullah was about to break the 100-yard curse and he had to take a series or two off?

Anyone else have to laugh to themselves when Abdullah was about to break the 100-yard curse and he had to take a series or two off?

Didn't he get banged up? I thought that was why he didn't finish the game ?

Right now the blue print to stop this offense is to dress 11 and make them go more than 50 yards.

Completely overblown as usual. What else is new though? Lol. Stafford is still getting the job done, it's starting to look like we're maybe establishing a running game and we don't even have our OLine intact lol, we played arguably some of the NFL's best defenses in Arizona, NY and Minnesota's and STILL WON!! FOUR games in. No need for panic about this offense just yet. 3-1 but should be 4-0. We're not because the refs suck balls in this league and are too fkn stupid and lazy to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Didn't he get banged up? I thought that was why he didn't finish the game ?

Just looked it up. He rolled his ankle. Said he was still good to go but kept out for precautionary reasons...

Something to keep an eye on...

He did. He was clutching his knee it looked like.

slightly sprained ankle and was ready to go back in but situationally im guessing Caldwell thought it was better to just not get anymore first downs. Wouldnt want to ice the game. Way better idea to make it close and give minnesota the ball back a couple more times. Eliminate the only thing that worked the entire game...smartest guy in the room!

Yes, I'm not laughing at the kid getting hurt. I'm laughing at the ridiculous irony that they were SO close to shedding that horrible stat and he had to take some time off in the 4th Q.

Of all the things that the Lions have had over the years, that stat just stuns me, and it's almost neck and neck with the playoff streak. Not ONE time did we have a RB that broke a big run in a game (50+ yards), and then carry maybe 10-15 more times to hit 100.

If I remember right, the next closest to the Lions 56 games was Baltimore at like 14 or 15 in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
The Lions have a history of owning bad streaks (losing away, losing in general, etc.). Do they currently have any good streaks?

slightly sprained ankle and was ready to go back in but situationally im guessing Caldwell thought it was better to just not get anymore first downs. Wouldnt want to ice the game. Way better idea to make it close and give minnesota the ball back a couple more times. Eliminate the only thing that worked the entire game...smartest guy in the room!

Give me a break. Caldwell was either told that AA's injury was a little worse or he didn't want to take the risk of losing our starting RB to an even bigger injury. Guess what? We won the fkn game.

Last edited:
Back