Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 77 Tigers @ Astros Sat Jun 28th

Davis had a couple bad at bats today, but I can't really remember any other hitters that really pissed me off with their at bat. Couple nice plays on d from Houston kept a few more runs off the board too.

Davis did have.....but his bunt in the 9th was a good play......almost worked out....but considering the situation I loved the thought.

Coke has been better.

Nathan still sucks. His awfulness was covered up by the win......but he cant be trusted with one run situations.

Wrong.....with or without the homerun.

Sorry dude. I disagee.. Rd had some tough time at the plate today if you watched.. Bunting with one out and runners on first and second you better make sure you are safe... Poor at bat.. Need a hit there and he failed twice with runners on third and one out... Only good thing about that bunt was he did not ground into a DP...

Last edited:
Today..
M Cabrera 0/5
V Martinez 0/4
J Martinez 1/4

yesterday

M Cabrera 0/4
V Martinez 0/5
J Martinez 2/5
-----------------------------------------------------------
That does not happen very often lucky to be 1-1 in the series thanks to IK....And Mr. Williams grove ball...

Holy crap Phil (100) Lives Coke got the win today.. Good for him....

Davis did have.....but his bunt in the 9th was a good play......almost worked out....but considering the situation I loved the thought.

Coke has been better.

Nathan still sucks. His awfulness was covered up by the win......but he cant be trusted with one run situations.

Nathan is a huge concern Wish we had some ideas what to do with him.. I guess we have to ride it out.... He did hit 94 today albeit it was Singleton who K'd I think...

Well good at least Kinsler is hitting. Hunter/miggy/vmart 1-27 in this series so far. Ouch

Well good at least Kinsler is hitting. Hunter/miggy/vmart 1-27 in this series so far. Ouch

That's almost good news in a way, because you know that won't last with those guys especially (maybe not Hunter).

Sorry dude. I disagee.. Rd had some tough time at the plate today if you watched.. Bunting with one out and runners on first and second you better make sure you are safe... Poor at bat.. Need a hit there and he failed twice with runners on third and one out... Only good thing about that bunt was he did not ground into a DP...

Agreed.

It was ultra-stupid. Already have 1 out, and you give up another in the 9th while you're down 2-1 is not smart baseball. It worked out, but that probably backfires 99 out of 100 times.

Lucky Win for Tigers.
More dumb baserunning, fielding is mediocre, another stiff no-name pitcher shutting them down and with a low pitch count,
astros made more good plays in the field,
Tigers were able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat,

Agreed.

It was ultra-stupid. Already have 1 out, and you give up another in the 9th while you're down 2-1 is not smart baseball. It worked out, but that probably backfires 99 out of 100 times.

Good play.

1. Move up baserunners and puts the go ahead run on 2nd.
2. Stay out of DP.
3. No K
4. Make the worst fielder on the field make a very good play to get you out. That's the biggest reason that is overlooked. It wasn't a gimme out. The pitcher had to make a very good play to get an out. Any time you can force the oppositions worst fielder make a very good play to get you, that is a quality out. Had he thrown that ball away......AT LEAST one run scores, probably two.

The ONLY problem with the bunt is that it was 3 feet too close to the P. Otherwise Kinsler hits a grand slam.

I think, given the situation and position of the IF......the bunt was a great call by RD.....just didnt execute it well enough to get on.

Lucky Win for Tigers.
More dumb baserunning, fielding is mediocre, another stiff no-name pitcher shutting them down and with a low pitch count,
astros made more good plays in the field,
Tigers were able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat,

I'll take 100 just like it.

Good play.

1. Move up baserunners and puts the go ahead run on 2nd.
2. Stay out of DP.
3. No K
4. Make the worst fielder on the field make a very good play to get you out. That's the biggest reason that is overlooked. It wasn't a gimme out. The pitcher had to make a very good play to get an out. Any time you can force the oppositions worst fielder make a very good play to get you, that is a quality out. Had he thrown that ball away......AT LEAST one run scores, probably two.

The ONLY problem with the bunt is that it was 3 feet too close to the P. Otherwise Kinsler hits a grand slam.

I think, given the situation and position of the IF......the bunt was a great call by RD.....just didnt execute it well enough to get on.

Nothing wrong with going with that story..good for you.

The pitcher had to make a very good play to get an out. Any time you can force the oppositions worst fielder make a very good play to get you, that is a quality out. Had he thrown that ball away......AT LEAST one run scores, probably two.

Unless your pitcher is John Smoltz and you have Manny Ramirez in left field, isn't your pitcher pretty much always going to be your worst fielder?

Great argument.

Great to see you keeping up on your goal of adding absolutely nothing to this board. Keep it up!

Same ole same ole..defending the dumbest play in MLB ..it's okay not everyone knows baseball.

Last edited:
Back