Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Lions @ Bears Thread

Loving this win. Didn't play their best and still got a tough road divisional win.

Bring on the Steelers.

We should be favored in every game the rest of the season I think. Looks very good for us. Assuming Rodgers is out of course. Not expecting to win every game, But I think dropping more than 2 would be a disappointment really. Team is living up to expectations so far.

Saints blowing out the Cowgurls 49-17 with 6 mins left in the 4th, sure would be nice if the Lions could win a couple of laughers yet and lower my BP on Sunday for a change.For example vs Bucs and perhaps vs Giants and/or @ Vikes end of season game but by then the team should...err...better be resting some starters for the playoffs.

I have to quote this for the fact, if Akers doesn't miss it would have been correct. Should be two in a row.

You were close, and even if the Lions Akers had kicked the FG, the Bears still would have had to try for two points so that they were within a FG while attempting an onsides kick.

Speaking of whom, Akers might be the Lion's achilles' heel if he continues to fail to do his job more successfully in close games. The Lions losses to AZ and Cinci come to mind.

You were close, and even if the Lions Akers had kicked the FG, the Bears still would have had to try for two points so that they were within a FG while attempting an onsides kick.

Speaking of whom, Akers might be the Lion's achilles' heel if he continues to fail to do his job more successfully in close games. The Lions losses to AZ and Cinci come to mind.

I was at the Arizona game and it ticked me off, missing 3 kicks. One was a retry so technically 2. Definitely no Hanson.

Saints blowing out the Cowgurls 49-17 with 6 mins left in the 4th, sure would be nice if the Lions could win a couple of laughers yet and lower my BP on Sunday for a change.For example vs Bucs and perhaps vs Giants and/or @ Vikes end of season game but by then the team should...err...better be resting some starters for the playoffs.

Another bad game by Romo. Listening to Collinsworth, sounded like he was hammered.

Image from the Windy Shitty Gridiron Bears fans webpage of the SB Nation website...how appropriate for their postgame "disgustion" thread LMAO!!

20131110_sal_ad4_005.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Of course the sore loser posts were many & mostly digs @ the "Dirty" Lions, the poor officiating, taking Cuntler out of the game too late, and the Lions being the healthiest team in the NFCN, despite being w/o key players like Burleson, Broyles on O, and Ansah on D. Oh....and because Detroit.

Last edited:
I will be attending the game in Pittsburgh this week. Can't wait. Its the first game for my son (he's 19) and the first time I've seen the Lions live since the preseason game in '95 here in Pittsburgh. That's the game where Barry Sanders shredded Rod Woodson's knee without touching him. Good times.

2 sacks, 12 QB hits and 22 hurries. Domination by the Lions Dline. Plus held Forte to 1.9 YPC. Huge

Lions Oline only 2 hit and 2 hurries all game.

Calvin the usual Calvin and Lions TEs had 95 yards. Bush 105 yards and 7.5 YPC

Lions earned this road win even with a missed FG and stupid penalties

Fairley is back, hopefully he stays healthy now. This guy is as talented as any dline men when healthy

Btw, I was looking for news on Jason Fox and came across this...

http://www.thelionsjerseysshop.com/Womens-Jason-Fox-Nike-Jersey

Does anyone on the planet besides Fox and his friends/family have a Jason Fox jersey?

Yeah...insecure, and/or overweight, and/or homely looking cougars or soccer-moms in their 30s-mid-40s would go for this jersey. b/c they would like to let anyone who they might come across while shopping or snarfing down a huge plate of food with a salad & diet soft-drink @ Ruby Tuesdays, Chili's or or TGI Fridays know that they are indeed still foxy-looking.

Last edited:
Makes less sense that Fox is still on this team. How many chances does he get..especially now that Waddle has been playing well.

Makes less sense that Fox is still on this team. How many chances does he get..especially now that Waddle has been playing well.

Yeah let's just cut Fox with Hilliard hurt and have nobody as backup tackle.

Yeah let's just cut Fox with Hilliard hurt and have nobody as backup tackle.

Backup T? The guys been hurt for 5 years. Go get someone, anyone if you want a backup T.

Latest news:

Lions RT Jason Fox (groin) remained sidelined at practice Friday.

:lmao:

Backup T? The guys been hurt for 5 years. Go get someone, anyone if you want a backup T.

Latest news:

Lions RT Jason Fox (groin) remained sidelined at practice Friday.

:lmao:

It's not Friday yet bud. Don't think that is the latest practice news.

Back