Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How Stafford stacks up though 2 games

And the fact is there are some deep routes in alot of plays. Not everyone is running 2 yard routes. Stafford is just choosing to go underneath alot passed on the coverages. But the haters blame Linehan for that when there is several routes being run. Would you like us to not have short routes and just send everyone deep like in Madden?

No but I'd like to see Syaff throw to one of those deep guys..

With accuracy....you know...actually complete a deep pass....not just throw it 5 yards over someone's head.

I'd actually take a 5 yard flyby then not trying at all. Maybe move some of the defense back..

Nobody can separate themselves from 3 man bracket coverage. There are reasons he doesn't run many deep routes.

1. We need him on the field at all times. Running deep routes wears on a guy.

2. He is the only guy the Lions have that gets open consistently underneath as well. Without CJ movin the chains, we'd have a LOT more 3 and outs.

How do I make it sound like he can't separate? Don't put words in my mouth. What I was saying is that he draws sooooo much attention even CJ can't just run straight and get open.

How would you get CJ out of the bracket coverage he sees on a play by play basis?

CJ didn't have 3 man bracket coverage on him in the ARI game.

Maxwell from MSU made Stafford's decision making look stellar lol. 4th and 20 with the game on the line and he ran for 3 yds lmao.

Staff is hitting the open man with incredible accuracy so far this season. I would like to see receivers give him a much better target and actually catch the fucking ball.

great game today by staff. I was hesitant to give the oline praise the first couple weeks....but they didn't allow much pressure at all again today. Got to start giving them credit now for sure.

Stafford played great today except for that pick six INT which was behind the WR.. It was what really keep Washington in the game at all.. I don't care how many guys cover CJ...More of throws to him and less to the other WR's is a good thing. The thing is we should be 3-0 because Arizona is terrible in my opinion. Great teams do not let that game get away.. You just cannot throw a 2 yard route when you need 4 yards.. The second half last week was frustrating.. But a lot of the blame needs to be place at Scott Linehan's poor play calling.. It really is poor in my opinion.. I really love this offense with a scat back like Bush or Best... I thought Bell had a really good game today..

Very glad I was wrong about us winning in Washington .. Makes watching other NFL games so much more fun.. But oh it would be nice to be 3-0 with the Packers setting at 1-2...

Last edited:
Stafford played great today except for that pick six INT which was behind the WR.. It was what really keep Washington in the game at all.. I don't care how many guys cover CJ...More of throws to him and less to the other WR's is a good thing. The thing is we should be 3-0 because Arizona is terrible in my opinion. Great teams do not let that game get away.. You just cannot throw a 2 yard route when you need 4 yards.. The second half last week was frustrating.. But a lot of the blame needs to be place at Scott Linehan's poor play calling.. It really is poor in my opinion.. I really love this offense with a scat back like Bush or Best... I thought Bell had a really good game today..

Very glad I was wrong about us winning in Washington .. Makes watching other NFL games so much more fun.. But oh it would be nice to be 3-0 with the Packers setting at 1-2...

Shoulda coulda woulda. Forget about last week or you'll go nuts. Bad game all around and we clearly didn't have a back up plan for bush going down.

Today was an excellent win without bush. Bell ran great and tough. Stafford was making some tough passes and throws downfield more. A lot of receivers made plays. Defense came up big in key moments.

Resting Bush and getting a W is huge. This team is good, not great, but they have some pieces and youth so they can progress into a potentially great team. Last week was tough but there are going to be games we should have won and games we shouldn't have won but pulled out. Now bring on the Bears.

Shoulda coulda woulda. Forget about last week or you'll go nuts. Bad game all around and we clearly didn't have a back up plan for bush going down.

Today was an excellent win without bush. Bell ran great and tough. Stafford was making some tough passes and throws downfield more. A lot of receivers made plays. Defense came up big in key moments.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Maybe but the lions do not have that kind of luxury to let games like that get away.. Plus for all the good Matt did today that one damn pick 6 really was all that kept the Skins in the damn game.. It's easy to say everything is great but as a organization the Lions must take the next step and not Lose games like last week.. We have to have games like that..
I also think Scott L. needs to call better games and help Matt out flat out period. It is ok to question how the Lions do things.. Not much has worked since Ford bought the team in 1963.. But today it did and maybe next week we can smash the Bears at home..

Pick six wasnt behind the receiver actually. Calvin got jammed at the los and didnt see the ball coming. It was an early throw by Stafford, I will say that

Pick six wasnt behind the receiver actually. Calvin got jammed at the los and didnt see the ball coming. It was an early throw by Stafford, I will say that

The throw was poor...Even if Calvin was jammed... The play call was stupid unless it was a check down by MS. I hate those type of plays back-up on your side of the field... Bad things can happen...

Back