Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Okay.

I find the claims that Biden actually said this beyond improbable; here is MediaBiasFactCheck?s rating of the source.

I provided you a list of actual licensed MDs who view things similarly to the way you do; and suggested you look them up and refer them

If you choose to ignore my advice and continue to refer to the same horseshit you generally do - that?s on you.

Okay.

I find the claims that Biden actually said this beyond improbable; here is MediaBiasFactCheck?s rating of the source.

I provided you a list of actual licensed MDs who view things similarly to the way you do; and suggested you look them up and refer them

If you choose to ignore my advice and continue to refer to the same horseshit you generally do - that?s on you.

It doesn?t say Biden said that it says advisor Jack Goldsmith says that. I reject fact-checkers thier all biased. Real journalists only exist in the dark alleys of the internet with exception of tucker Carlson whom the leftist mob is now trying to Alex Jones and get canceled erased from the discussion

Last edited:
It doesn?t say Biden said that it says advisor Jack Goldsmith says that. I reject fact-checkers thier all biased. Real journalists only exist in the dark alleys of the internet with exception of tucker Carlson whom the leftist mob is now trying to Alex Jones and get canceled erased from the discussion

Oh okay.

I guess I didn?t read it that carefully the first time through.

The journalist, Natalie Winter, is pretty good looking.

the private company argument has slowly been losing steam over the years throughout this tyrannical scope creep. FB is basically now acting as an arm of the government.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/white...ook-to-censor-due-to-covid-19-misinformation/

Minister of Government Propaganda and Misinformation says what?

?We are in regular touch with the social media platforms and those engagements typically happen through members of our senior staff and also members of our COVID-19 team ? given as Dr. Murthy conveyed, this is a big issue, of misinformation, specifically on the pandemic,? Psaki said.

Seriously, that Jen Psaki is brazen.

When is a reporter in the room ? protected from the government by the first amendment - Going to ask her ?Don?t you see you ? the government - In attempting to regulate What appears and doesn?t appear on these media platforms - is in conflict with the constitution? Shouldn?t you instead be pointing out what you believe is this disinformation and misinformation and explaining why you see it that way??

When is a reporter in the room ? protected from the government by the first amendment - Going to ask her ?Don?t you see you ? the government - In attempting to regulate What appears and doesn?t appear on these media platforms - is in conflict with the constitution? Shouldn?t you instead be pointing out what you believe is this disinformation and misinformation and explaining why you see it that way??

https://tenor.com/bwKlF.gif

Last edited:

Do non-citizens have protected freedom of speech?

Do non-citizens have protected freedom of speech?

the 1st amendment restricts government power.

the Supreme Court has long held that the restrictions apply to all government actions, whether they're committed against citizens or non-citizens.

so, yes.

But this bullshit whereby the government, or through cutouts like NGOs, flags speech they don't like and facebook takes it down or blocks it... that's a bit of a twist.

There is some caselaw holding that private actors - when filling government functions - can't do things the government can't otherwise do.

There aren't yet any "strange bedfellows" emerging here... the appropriate action would be either to break facebook up into smaller pieces so that one entity doesn't privatize & monopolize so much of our virtual "public space," or nationalize it as our national social media platform. If the latter happens, the government can't ban anyone from sharing opinions they don't like on it!

But either action is government taking from a private corporation, and therefore "bad"

the 1st amendment restricts government power.

the Supreme Court has long held that the restrictions apply to all government actions, whether they're committed against citizens or non-citizens.

so, yes.

But this bullshit whereby the government, or through cutouts like NGOs, flags speech they don't like and facebook takes it down or blocks it... that's a bit of a twist.

There is some caselaw holding that private actors - when filling government functions - can't do things the government can't otherwise do.

There aren't yet any "strange bedfellows" emerging here... the appropriate action would be either to break facebook up into smaller pieces so that one entity doesn't privatize & monopolize so much of our virtual "public space," or nationalize it as our national social media platform. If the latter happens, the government can't ban anyone from sharing opinions they don't like on it!

But either action is government taking from a private corporation, and therefore "bad"

Cooperating with a private company might be grey area for protected speech, but if foreign propaganda isn't protected speech, then whatever content they can call foreign propaganda, seems like it's fair game. They'd need to be able to flag what is coming from overseas in enough time to do something about it. The threat of building that mechanism would be enough pressure to cross lines 'cooperating' with private companies.

What if they aren't on us soil?

no; although we're bound by treaties.

edit: also depends on whether a state of war exists.

That being said, we did a lot of Unconstitutional things after 9/11... A LOT... and those things continued under Obama, and they will likely never be punished because the people who wanted them done have consistently hinted they are not bound by US law OR international law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooperating with a private company might be grey area for protected speech, but if foreign propaganda isn't protected speech, then whatever content they can call foreign propaganda, seems like it's fair game. They'd need to be able to flag what is coming from overseas in enough time to do something about it. The threat of building that mechanism would be enough pressure to cross lines 'cooperating' with private companies.

The adroit foreign propagandists (i.e. Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE) will just hire American lobbyists or American internet posters to post or re-post their bullshit.

We are not going to do anything about propaganda that boosts or preserves arms sales.

Damn that?s good.

Seriously good.

Like, that shit should be on a T-shirt good.

Did you come up without yourself?

I did - sort of. I was riffing off some medical experts claim last summer that systemic racism was a public health crisis. Seems like it would be the next logical step to take.

Last edited:
Back