Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Well, according to Wikipedia he describes himself as that-an arm chair Media watcher for 20 years-As he says himself on his side, evaluating media Bias is not an exact science.

It?s kind of like WAR in baseball-I think there are three different organizations who quantify it and they?re not identical-but you know more about than I do.

What I like about him is I looked at A LOT of media a that I?m familiar with, and he and I are pretty close to Eye 2 Eye on all of them.

I guess I?m an armchair media watcher myself, I don?t know his credentials but I myself am an academic with a Masters Degree efrom the Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism at the University of Southern California and did research on media bias on my way to earning that degree, so as an armchair media watcher I do have some sheep skin with letters to go along with that.

You are probably familiar with Malcolm Gladwell and his nonfiction sociological study Blink, in which Gladwell outlines his theory of ?thin slicing,? in which people in Some kind of decision making pursuit use a very limited narrow selections From available data Very effectively to make accurate analysis of an effective course of action.

So maybe this dude is very good at thin slicing media bias.

You know who else watches a lot of media...Trump

..not really a fan of the wins above replacement stat I?m more old school.
...sorry not familiar with gladwell or blink

You know who else watches a lot of media...Trump

..not really a fan of the wins above replacement stat I’m more old school.
...sorry not familiar with gladwell or blink

You’re absolutely right.

President Trump is possibly the most savvy watcher of media in the history of the world.

And it’s not an exact science for him-he re-evaluates to bend media to his own ends daily-hourlyy or even by the minute-through thin slicing.

Last edited:
That's not inherently bad, it just means nobody's paying him to do this. Could actually be a good feature of his work. I'm more worried about the accusation that it's in no way scientific.

Well zero hedge has him listed #2

By the end of the day I seldom turn to “fact checkers” for anything. Everybody is biased whether they want to admit it or not. I’m biased towards the right on most issues

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-20/exposing-9-fakest-fake-news-checkers

Last edited:
That's not inherently bad, it just means nobody's paying him to do this. Could actually be a good feature of his work. I'm more worried about the accusation that it's in no way scientific.

He acknowledges in his own methodology explanation that?s it?s not an exact science-no -method of quantifying sociological measures is an exact science-that doesn?t mean it?s not scientific at all.

Science isn?t even an exact science. Before anything unknown can be determined to be factual, art calculation after calculation and measurement after measurement required to make an exact determination? Even then, isn?t there often a margin of error variable? There certainly is in the science of medicine.

Alec Baldwin's tweet reads more like a rhetorical argument than an expression of fear.

https://twitter.com/ABFalecbaldwin/status/1097319232151449600

The MSM and Hollywood constant trump demonetization efforts need to stop as well. It's all very dangerous. I don't watch SNL anymore every since they jumped on the trump hate train nor even the late night lineup, I don't like it when Fox even spends they first 15 mins of their nightly prime times showing me clips of what the dems said about trump today. I just upsets me, I either mute it or turn away until there done with the first 15 mins of flame fanning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqotw8cCmaM#action=share

Last edited:
The MSM and Hollywood constant trump demonetization efforts need to stop as well. It's all very dangerous. I don't watch SNL anymore every since they jumped on the trump hate train nor even the late night lineup, I don't like it when Fox even spends they first 15 mins of their nightly prime times showing me clips of what the dems said about trump today. I just upsets me, I either mute it or turn away until there done with the first 15 mins of flame fanning.

Are you really so clueless as to not know that it's satire, and they have done it to every single president since the show started. Same with the late night guys, do you honestly believe if Hillary won she would not be getting the same treatment? :nuts:

Are you really so clueless as to not know that it's satire, and they have done it to every single president since the show started. Same with the late night guys, do you honestly believe if Hillary won she would not be getting the same treatment? :nuts:

LOL not nearly as much and yes I know it's satire, I just don't find it that funny

A little context regarding the above.

I will say, something about this one had my ?Spidey? senses tingling from the start.

Now if Nancy would have just waited 48 hours before jumping to conclusions she wouldn't have had to delete her tweet as she wouldn't have posted it in the first place after the first 48 hours. See that 48 hours stuff works!

Now if Nancy would have just waited 48 hours before jumping to conclusions she wouldn't have had to delete her tweet as she wouldn't have posted it in the first place after the first 48 hours. See that 48 hours stuff works!

Don’t know what tweet you’re talking about… Can you post it?

I can’t keep track of everybody’s tweets about everything.

EDIT: Just found it.

I don’t blame her for taking the guy initially at his word.

I read she deleted it. I wonder if she’ll tweet something if it’s found got the whole thing was a criminal hoax?

Last edited:
Don’t know what tweet you’re talking about… Can you post it?

I can’t keep track of everybody’s tweets about everything.

EDIT: Just found it.

I don’t blame her for taking the guy initially at his word.

I read she deleted it. I wonder if she’ll tweet something if it’s found got the whole thing was a criminal hoax?

I won't hold my breath
https://nypost.com/2019/02/17/dont-expect-apologies-from-the-left-over-jussie-smollett-attack-fraud/

Apply the 48 hour rule people that goes for you too Jones! dingle-berry

Last edited:
LOL not nearly as much and yes I know it's satire, I just don't find it that funny

Not nearly as much? They use as much ammunition at the person in question supplies. Trump just happens to be a walking joke factory without even trying.

Back