Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

LOL

That has nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Yes I know, that is how I chose to respond though as I really hadn’t seen much point in yes self righteous mob just like it said

Lefty loons are in fact acting like a self righteous mob

Last edited:
https://www.courant.com/opinion/op-...0190405-howpjy3tq5eqhcvttscjbcawhq-story.html

Alex Jones’ lawyer: If you want the Infowars host silenced, you’re scarier than he is

Folks should spend a lot less time taking shots at Alex Jones and more time wondering what makes Jones possible. It’s the same sort of question Trump haters ought to ask. Millions of voters and listeners flock to these men not because they are crazy but because they offer alternatives to mainstream narratives that fail to resonate with folks who have little to gain from tuning into CNN, MSNBC or reading the pages of The New York Times.

Before I chose to represent Alex Jones, I ignored him. His views were too extreme for me. He wasn’t a figure I hated; he just didn’t matter. He was the town crier warning the end is neigh.

Now I defend him from you — you, who want him silenced — because you scare me more than he does.

There is no mob quite so terrifying as a self-righteous mob. Suppressing speech because it offends a majority of folks gives the power to censor speech. We’re close to banning speech simply because it is hateful. Even Mark Zuckerberg now wants new legislation to limit speech. We’ve gone from wanting information to be free to fearing the heterodox.

What motivates hate is fear. Alex Jones and his listeners are afraid of what this country is becoming. You are afraid of Alex Jones and his outlandish conspiracy theories. You’re more alike than you think.

Last edited:
Exceptional testimony in front of those race baiting virtual singling identity politic house dems today candace owens!

President Trump held an unannounced meeting with Twitter’s Jack Dorsey on Tuesday.
Last month, the president held a similar, unannounced meeting with Google‘s CEO Sundar Pichai to discuss the company’s dealings with China as well as “political fairness,” according to Trump.

Accordingly, Dorsey’s meeting with Trump revolved around “the health of the public conversation on Twitter,” according to Twitter executive Vijaya Gadde in an internal email reported by Vice.

“As you know, I believe that conversation, not silence, bridges gaps and drives towards solutions,” Dorsey wrote in the email chain. “I have met with every world leader who has extended an invitation to me, and I believe the discussions have been productive, and the outcomes meaningful.”

The president later publicly confirmed the meeting

I would reply but I've chosen to censor certain losers on this site ....

President Trump held an unannounced meeting with Twitter?s Jack Dorsey on Tuesday.
Last month, the president held a similar, unannounced meeting with Google?s CEO Sundar Pichai to discuss the company?s dealings with China as well as ?political fairness,? according to Trump.

Accordingly, Dorsey?s meeting with Trump revolved around ?the health of the public conversation on Twitter,? according to Twitter executive Vijaya Gadde in an internal email reported by Vice.

?As you know, I believe that conversation, not silence, bridges gaps and drives towards solutions,? Dorsey wrote in the email chain. ?I have met with every world leader who has extended an invitation to me, and I believe the discussions have been productive, and the outcomes meaningful.?

The president later publicly confirmed the meeting

According to this account, Trump's conversation with Jack Dorsey amounted to Trump whining about how his number of followers has gone down.

According to this account, Trump's conversation with Jack Dorsey amounted to Trump whining about how his number of followers has gone down.

That wouldn’t surprise me, he does tend to whine too much and I still haven’t had time to read much of his spam, I just reply to them with “less talk more hammers Twitter cowboy” I don’t think those messages reach him though :-(

Last edited:
Here's a fun issue: Twitter can't ban and handle white supremacists on its site, like it did with ISIS, because there are way more white supremacists than ISIS supporters, and algorithms that flag racist, white supremacist content would end up banning actual Republican politicians like Steve King, and possibly also Trump himself... link.

couple excerpts:
?Most people can agree a beheading video or some kind of ISIS content should be proactively removed, but when we try to talk about the alt-right or white nationalism, we get into dangerous territory, where we?re talking about [Iowa Rep.] Steve King or maybe even some of Trump?s tweets, so it becomes hard for social media companies to say all of this ?this content should be removed,?? Amarasingam said.

There's going to be controversy here that we didn't see with ISIS, because there are more white nationalists than there are ISIS supporters, and white nationalists are closer to the levers of political power in the US and Europe than ISIS ever was.​

This is really surprising because I've heard that racism isn't a problem in this country anymore, since 1865.

Back