Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

In the future under authoritarian rule comedy will be subjected to ?hate speech? rules as well and those spreading ?hate speech? labeled extremist unless your a politician or thought police officer, politicians and thought officers will be exempt

There are at least two here, maybe more that would like to see the authoritarian rule apply here as well, even with it being a digglers junk political forum, as a mod do you think that will happen in the future?

Yes, when us Stalinist posters seize control of the message board, all humor and comedy will be banned, and all Republitard posters will be arrested and marched to a labor camp, most likely on Thumb's property.

All I can think of when watching this scene is Wuhl as Larry ("candlesticks are nice") Kirby as the young Clemenza and Whitaker as Charles Jefferson.

It’s really not that so far fetched, under a future authoritarian regime simply buying coffee from IW whom they label an “extremist” group will be enough to have all your accounts frozen and charged with supporting terror groups this is not the America I grew up with, the authoritarian left are off the rails

https://www.infowars.com/watch/?video=5cd0be9891e5850012771067

Last edited:
FACEBOOK SAYS IT WILL STILL ALLOW HOLOCAUST DENIAL, JUST NOT INFOWARS LINKS

Seems fair

After announcing that it will remove Infowars links, Facebook has said that holocaust denial is still acceptable on the platform.

Let that sink in.

Last week, Facebook not only removed a group of people it claimed (with no evidence) to be “dangerous people”, it announced that mere positive discussion of Alex Jones or Infowars would be verboten.

Infowars is subject to the strictest ban,” reported the Atlantic. “Facebook and Instagram will remove any content containing Infowars videos, radio segments, or articles (unless the post is explicitly condemning the content), and Facebook will also remove any groups set up to share Infowars content and events promoting any of the banned extremist figures.”
But while Infowars content will be completely blacklisted, Facebook users remain free to engage in holocaust denial.

In a letter obtained by Jewish Insider, Facebook’s vice president of global public policy, said the site would still allow users to “say things on Facebook that are wrong or inaccurate, even when they are offensive.”

“We take down any content that celebrates, defends, or attempts to justify the Holocaust,” Kaplan wrote. “But we do not remove lies or content that is inaccurate — whether it’s denying the Holocaust, the Armenian massacre, or the fact that the Syrian government has killed hundreds of thousands of its own people,” he added.

So denying one the greatest mass murders in history, which is a crime in some countries, is fine on Facebook – just don’t speak kindly about Alex Jones!

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ris-Hughes-says-Mark-Zuckerberg-powerful.html

Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes says Mark Zuckerberg is too powerful and the government should force the 'dangerous' social network to break up

Chris Hughes spoke out in a searing New York Times op-ed on Thursday
Co-founder of Facebook blasted the company and called for antitrust action
Said CEO Mark Zuckerberg's power is 'unprecedented and un-American'
Lamented Zuckerberg's 'unilateral control over speech' and threat of censorship
Demanded federal regulators break up Facebook into smaller companies

must say I think it's correct.

I like how he tacks together a couple news reports, making it look like he did his own research by not carefully citing quotes and comments he takes directly from those reports, then draws a broad conclusion from them that he presents as his own.

"Old Thinker" may be a misnomer here. Not a lot of thinking going on there.

You know what I'd love love love to see? A study of how watching Alex Jones, and similar conspiratorial gobblygook affects the ability to think clearly and critically, and write in complete sentences.

I bet there's a strong correlation between hours spent watching Alex Jones videos, and writing sentences like "libdem chicoms are in control not going to stop until all freedom loving men are in camps what can you say i think he's right" (except with more typos).

I like how he tacks together a couple news reports, making it look like he did his own research by not carefully citing quotes and comments he takes directly from those reports, then draws a broad conclusion from them that he presents as his own.

You know what I'd love love love to see? A study of how watching Alex Jones, and similar conspiratorial gobblygook affects the ability to think clearly and critically, and write in complete sentences.

I bet there's a strong correlation between hours spent watching Alex Jones videos, and writing sentences like "libdem chicoms are in control not going to stop until all freedom loving men are in camps what can you say i think he's right" (except with more typos).

That study should also apply to CNN and MSNBC to see if there is correlation to hours watched vs degree of trump hate.

That study should also apply to CNN and MSNBC to see if there is correlation to hours watched vs degree of trump hate.

Really most importantly would be CNN.

MSNBC viewers would be predestined to hate any Republican, not just Trump.

CNN introduced Trump derangement syndrome into its dogma as a marketing strategy, Because they were getting their asses kicked by MSNBC and Fox and need to find their own ideological niche.

I had this theory myself, but then I heard Dershowitz himself say this on a radio show-although he didn?t use the term Trump derangement syndrome.

it's so funny reading posts where you accuse people for doing almost exactly what you do - the exception being tacking together news reports whereas you pull strictly from op-ed pieces. You link the pieces, pretending as if they're news reports then quote or regurgitate the talking points and act as if you've done some level of critical thinking. It's almost as if you completely lack any sense of self-awareness and your own hypocrisy.

Last edited:
it's so funny reading posts where you accuse people for doing almost exactly what you do - the exception being tacking together news reports whereas you pull strictly from op-ed pieces. You link the pieces, pretending as if they're news reports then quote or regurgitate the talking points and act as if you've done some level of critical thinking. It's almost as if you completely lack any sense of self-awareness and your own hypocrisy.

This is wrong.

Back