Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Actual private corporate censorship?

Link:
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), a 2020 presidential contender, is suing Google over claims that the tech behemoth violated her right to "free speech."

In a federal complaint filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Gabbard alleged Google censored her presidential campaign when it suspended their advertising account for several hours last month.

In a statement, Gabbard's campaign pointed out that the suspension of her advertising account came shortly after the first debate last month, during which Gabbard was one of the most-searched Democrats.

The complaint also alleges that Google did not offer adequate explanations for her advertising account's suspension during the hours between June 27 and 28.

I've seen comments that google's explanation is ridiculous: if their "algorithms" would flag more web searches for a candidate after a presidential debtate as suspicious, the people who programmed them are idiots.

Actual private corporate censorship?

Link:
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), a 2020 presidential contender, is suing Google over claims that the tech behemoth violated her right to "free speech."

In a federal complaint filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Gabbard alleged Google censored her presidential campaign when it suspended their advertising account for several hours last month.

In a statement, Gabbard's campaign pointed out that the suspension of her advertising account came shortly after the first debate last month, during which Gabbard was one of the most-searched Democrats.

The complaint also alleges that Google did not offer adequate explanations for her advertising account's suspension during the hours between June 27 and 28.

I've seen comments that google's explanation is ridiculous: if their "algorithms" would flag more web searches for a candidate after a presidential debtate as suspicious, the people who programmed them are idiots.

I covered this already, #1035.

Big tech election meddling is far greater than anything Russia or China could ever dream of IMO

FORMER GOOGLE ENGINEER WARNS: GOOGLE WILL TRY TO STOP TRUMP 2020 REELECTION

?They have quite a bit of control over the political process ? that?s something we should really worry about,? he says

Former Google engineer warned Friday that Google was rife with political bias and is determined to prevent President Trump from getting reelected in the 2020 election.

During his appearance on ?Tucker Carlson Tonight,? Kevin Cernekee claimed he was fired from Google for his conservative views and will exert their anti-Trump bias during the presidential election.

?It?s highly ideological. You can see bias at every level at the organization,? Cernekee told Carlson. ?One thing that I noticed that just handling routine issues is plagued with bias. Like they will get a report, an email with a liberal reporter complaining about something and they will jump on it and they will fix the issue very, very quickly.?

But when it comes to errors pertaining to conservatives, Google will slow-walk fixing the problem for months, Cernekee said.

?In contrast, one thing that I saw when I worked there was if you do a Google search for ?Crippled America,? which is Donald Trump?s book you would get results that would show ?Mein Kampf? instead of ?Crippled America,'? he said.

And I reported that I filed a bug, I escalated it, I tried to run it up the chain. They took nine months to fix that bug. They just stalled at every opportunity. They assigned it to people who no longer work there. They made every excuse in the book to avoid taking down something that made Donald Trump look bad. And I saw a number of incidents just like that.?

When asked by Carlson if he thinks Google will use its bias to meddle in the 2020 election, Cernekee responded, ?I do believe so.?

?I think that?s a major threat,? he continued. ?They have openly stated that they think 2016 was a mistake. They thought Trump should have lost in 2016. They really want Trump to lose in 2020. That?s their agenda. They have very biased people running every level of the company. They have quite a bit of control over the political process. That?s something we should really worry about.?

https://youtu.be/M13yZoYXFjM

Last edited:
https://www.projectveritas.com/2019...oes-public-says-burden-lifted-off-of-my-soul/

I gave the documents to Project Veritas, I had been collecting the documents for over a year. And the reason why I collected these documents was because I saw something dark and nefarious going on with the company and I realized that there were going to not only tamper with the elections, but use that tampering with the elections to essentially overthrow the United States.?

Last edited:
Hey, it only took you three weeks to come up with that response. Pretty good.

thanks. It really didn't take that long - I missed Byco's post a few weeks back and just noticed it last night when I looking for something else. I didn't want him to think I was being impolite by ignoring him. I'll promise to be more careful going forward if you'll promise to be less of a moron.

I know you can't try to not be stupid, if you're stupid, which you are, you're stupid, there's not much you can do about it. How about you try to be less of a douchebag instead? If you make an effort at that, I'll do my best to not laugh at you so much. Maybe then you won't go crying to mods - everybody wins.

Last edited:
Deepfake material including fabricated evidence will become so realistic it will land innocent people in jail, an expert has warned.

Shamir Allibhai, CEO of video verification company Amber, believes content including CCTV and voice recordings will be subject to gross manipulation.

He spoke amid alarming concerns over deepfake technology raising eyebrows online, including a recent viral video of comedian Bill Hader morphing into actor Tom Cruise.

And Shamir warns it is only a matter of time before the technology creeps its way into the global judicial system.

He told Daily Star Online: "Initially, deepfakes will be manipulations of existing audio/video evidence, such as that from CCTV, voice recorders, police body cams, and bystanders’ cell phones.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/deepfake-evidence-realistic-innocent-people-18938712

Deepfake material including fabricated evidence will become so realistic it will land innocent people in jail, an expert has warned.

Shamir Allibhai, CEO of video verification company Amber, believes content including CCTV and voice recordings will be subject to gross manipulation.

He spoke amid alarming concerns over deepfake technology raising eyebrows online, including a recent viral video of comedian Bill Hader morphing into actor Tom Cruise.

And Shamir warns it is only a matter of time before the technology creeps its way into the global judicial system.

He told Daily Star Online: "Initially, deepfakes will be manipulations of existing audio/video evidence, such as that from CCTV, voice recorders, police body cams, and bystanders? cell phones.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/deepfake-evidence-realistic-innocent-people-18938712

I've seen several that look very real. Pretty terrifying stuff, I'm with you on this one.

I've seen several that look very real. Pretty terrifying stuff, I'm with you on this one.

Why didn?t he morph into Seth Rogan when he impersonated him?

Chain of custody records regarding evidence of this nature-added to the likelihood that it would be easy to show that doctoring had occurred, which would constitute a crime itself, if anybody attempted to enter it into a police investigation-makes me skeptical that this will be a problem.

Sounds like a good story line for TV.

Now that I think of it, I actually saw an episode today of ?The Good Fight? that kinda had doctored evidence of a surveillance video as part of the storyline.

Chinese citizens are punished by having their social credit score lowered for engaging in a number of different behaviors, including;

– Bad driving.
– Smoking on trains.
– Buying too many video games.
– Buying too much junk food.
– Buying too much alcohol.
– Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
– Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
– Posting “fake news” online.
– Criticizing the government.
– Visiting unauthorized websites.
– Walking your dog without a leash.
– Letting your dog bark too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-0llHaZDs#action=share

Chinese citizens are punished by having their social credit score lowered for engaging in a number of different behaviors, including;

? Bad driving.
? Smoking on trains.
? Buying too many video games.
? Buying too much junk food.
? Buying too much alcohol.
? Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
? Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
? Posting ?fake news? online.
? Criticizing the government.
? Visiting unauthorized websites.
? Walking your dog without a leash.
? Letting your dog bark too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-0llHaZDs#action=share

Corporate America has been pushing shit like this for decades.

Back