Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle are all the proof I need that comedy isn't dead. They're fantastic.

Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle are all the proof I need that comedy isn't dead. They're fantastic.

read some of the SJW reviews of Chappelles latest show. it may not be dead but they're trying their hardest to kill it. And outside of those 2, there really isn't much else.

If you have Netflix, check out James Acaster - very clever, non-political and clean humor. Also Demetri Martin. He has 2 specials on Netflix 1 better than the other but both worth watching. i dont get the Sebastian Maniscalco rage - to me he's like an Italian version of Dane Cook.

Last edited:
Here's one Tinsel would probably agree with

This is reflected in the script of the Joker, the plot of which centers around ?an alienated white guy whose failure to be funny drives him into a vengeful rage.?

This actually happened to me once.

YouTube has set its sights on prolific podcaster Joe Rogan, targeting him for demonetization like so many other controversial content creators before him.

Last week, one of Rogan’s interviews was flagged after a “human review” reported the video for allegedly containing “harmful or dangerous acts.”

Alex Jones has seen this before, and he’s warning Rogan they won’t stop with just one video.

https://www.infowars.com/and-then-they-came-for-joe-rogan/

A little off topic but what's your opinion on all of the companies that have shown themselves to be Chinese bootlickers?

• NBA: rebuked Rockets manager for his pro-HK tweet, saying NBA was "extremely disappointed with Morey's inappropriate comment."
  • Disney / ESPN: forbid mention of Chinese politics when discussing Rockets manager's HK tweet
  • Viacom / Paramount: censor Taiwan flag from the jacket worn by Tom Cruise in new "Top Gun" movie
  • Apple: Handed over iCloud data & encryption keys to China
  • Apple: censor Taiwan flag emoji in iOS in HK
  • Activision Blizzard: banned player for supporting HK democracy protest. Confiscated all his winnings. Fired his interviewers.
  • Nike: removed Houston Rockets products from China webstore
  • Riot Games: censors the words "Hong Kong", forcing casters to refer to team "Hong Kong Attitude" as "HKA".

Just a VERY short list of the public displays of Chinese kowtowing. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
A little off topic but what's your opinion on all of the companies that have shown themselves to be Chinese bootlickers?

• NBA: rebuked Rockets manager for his pro-HK tweet, saying NBA was "extremely disappointed with Morey's inappropriate comment."
  • Disney / ESPN: forbid mention of Chinese politics when discussing Rockets manager's HK tweet
  • Viacom / Paramount: censor Taiwan flag from the jacket worn by Tom Cruise in new "Top Gun" movie
  • Activision Blizzard: banned player for supporting HK democracy protest. Confiscated all his winnings. Fired his interviewers.
  • Riot Games: censors the words "Hong Kong", forcing casters to refer to team "Hong Kong Attitude" as "HKA".

Just a VERY short list of the public displays of Chinese kowtowing. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm not surprised. Well maybe a little surprised in this case how blatant China's actions have been, and how corporate PR flacks haven't succeeded as spinning this as something more palatable to Americans.

Karl Marx once wrote something like "capitalism knows no borders" ... I wouldn't expect any of these greedheads to be loyal to the US, or human rights around the globe

side note: Adam Silver is a real weird looking guy, isn't he? yikes. I get creeped out just seeing his picture in articles.

The wheat and chaff are not just growing in the same field; it is intertwined. It's disappointing that these companies are "bowing" to oppression, but it's the same with the Catholic Church, which officially "recognizes" the Chinese Government's "approved" version of it, as it harasses, beats, imprisions and kills the people who celebrate the authentic Mass underground. Same with other religions. China wants hegemony, but needs the world to achieve it, and will not tolerate even the slightest measure of dissent.

The NBA's ... and all players, coaches, and owners comments here ARE kinda surprising in one way, given that our governments are not exactly on friendly terms right now.

kinda unusual, since the pro sports leagues all rest on the government/courts to selectively interpret anti-trust laws to allow them to operate as national monopolies... they usually make sure the only flag they wave is the American one (or yes sometimes the Canadian one)

They must REALLY need the money from the Chinese market... they're petrified with fear of getting cut out of it.

I'm not surprised. Well maybe a little surprised in this case how blatant China's actions have been, and how corporate PR flacks haven't succeeded as spinning this as something more palatable to Americans.

Karl Marx once wrote something like "capitalism knows no borders" ... I wouldn't expect any of these greedheads to be loyal to the US, or human rights around the globe

it's funny that you're quoting Marx and criticizing these actions where companies are caving into an authoritarian communist regime as acts of capitalism as if greed is somehow indicative of or unique to capitalism.

it's funny that you're quoting Marx and criticizing these actions where companies are caving into an authoritarian communist regime as acts of capitalism as if greed is somehow indicative of or unique to capitalism.

The Chinese government is no longer communist.

I thought most of these companies sucked before I knew any of this kowtowing to China business. I haven't watched a complete NBA game since the Bad Boys after expansion and Jordan ruined the league. I quit Apple products after being severely disappointed by the MacBook Pro I bought my wife and the only iPhone I ever owned (2nd gen, I think) - I do still have a working iPod nano and a 7 yr old Ipad that I will replace with a Surface when it dies. I regrettably may have to go back to the iPhone bc my company won't allow email and calendar synching w/ android or windows phones for security reasons and it's a real pain in the ass not having that. I don't play video games, not new ones anyway - there's a really cool arcade with old school pinball and arcade machines my son and I go to every now and then. Occasionally I will buy a pair of heavily discounted Nike shoes but only if I can't find a similarly good deal on Asics. I also don't watch any of the super hero movies which I guess are financed by Chinese money - I recently saw that doosh Mark Ruffalo getting plastered on Twitter for taking his Hulk money from the Chinese while bitching about Ellen hanging out with George Bush or something like that. Most of my beefs with these companies are product or marketing related, particularly with Nike and Apple, the others like the movies and the video games I'm just not interested in but the politics (i.e. supporting idiots like Kaepernic, jumping on SJW bandwagons and now this) certainly don't help.

They're not giving me any reason to change my mind by bending the knee to China.

Last edited:
The Chinese government is no longer communist.

they're capitalist now? someone should tell the leaders of the only political party in China - I think they're called the Communist Party of China.

you're still a communist though, right?

Not a fan either China nor the NBA.

Neither a big fan of either W nor Ellen, but they did look kind of cute together.

I noticed Laura was right there also, to put the kibosh on any hanky panky that might have come to pass.

Speaking of Internet Censorship, I wonder if people in China can access the Rockets' website.

Speaking of Internet Censorship, I wonder if people in China can access the Rockets' website.

didn't Yao Ming spend his whole career with the Rockets? I wonder if he has anything to say about all of this and if he's allowed to say it...

didn't Yao Ming spend his whole career with the Rockets? I wonder if he has anything to say about all of this and if he's allowed to say it...

He's a "communist" party official now, head of their basketball governing committee.

Back