Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

discrediting them as greedy capitalist race traitors is easier than arguing facts to dispute their positions.

I haven't heard of Terrell or Davis but I would add Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell to the list - both are pretty interesting, particularly Thomas Sowell.

More blacks were running for political office as Republicans than in any prior election. That information was always missed by the MSM.

Kim Klacik would be an excellent potential member of a future Republican ticket IMHO...whether as POTUS or VP.

discrediting them as greedy capitalist race traitors is easier than arguing facts to dispute their positions.

I haven't heard of Terrell or Davis but I would add Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell to the list - both are pretty interesting, particularly Thomas Sowell.

I would say 99% Larry Elder would agree, but I haven?t specifically heard him say it, so I didn?t include him.

I thought Thomas Sowell just died - it was Walter Williams.

I sometimes get old black conservatives mixed up with each other.

I apologize if it seems extreme, I personally consider anyone carrying that damn flag to be a traitor to this nation, one that lost the war yet has repeatedly stated they want to resume it at a moment's notice. I would have loved to see every fucking Confederate statue torn down and that fucking flag be carried by someone should immediately put them on the Domestic Terrorist list. They have used it to terrorize Black, Jewish, and other non-white Americans, even illegally killing them simply for being a different race.

Fuck anyone who flies that POS flag...and anyone doing it within the Capitol during a blatant attempt at mutiny, sedition, or whatever word one wants to apply is an act of treason by a Domestic Terrorist, armed or not, and deserving of any and all force necessary to end their challenge to the US and our Constitution.

Biggest mistake in US history was not ending slavery when the nation was founded. Second biggest was allowing these fuckwads to continue having the power to operate essentially as normal after the Civil War in the attempt to help the nation heal. All they did was abuse the opportunity and do all the same things with all the racism and hatred they had before.

If we were at a bar and drunk as shit, I would tell you how I really feel about them, but on here I will leave it at this.

no apologies - you're free to think what you like, I won't be offended. and I'm with you on most of it (the "fuck them", "they're idiots", etc) pretty much all of it, right up to the point where you gun them down - I also think you probably need to do more than wave the confederate flag to get your name put on the domestic terrorist list. I could be wrong but I think most of those people displaying the flag are knuckleheads with a fucked up idea of how to communicate their support for their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. And if they are indeed anti-American terrorists plotting to overthrow the government, I actually prefer they identify themselves publicly for the assholes they are.

I would say 99% Larry Elder would agree, but I haven’t specifically heard him say it, so I didn’t include him.

I thought Thomas Sowell just died - it was Walter Williams.

I sometimes get old black conservatives mixed up with each other.

Larry Elder absolutely has made his position on BLM known and you're right. Thomas Sowell has as well. Larry Elder talks about racism in America frequently. Shit, Thomas Sowell is 90.5 and still has his wits about him - there's a video of him talking about BLM, race hustlers (doesn't mention MC though) and welfare from September 2020. I'm an old dad, my youngest will be 46 when I'm 90, would be awesome if I'm still functioning then.

Last edited:
More blacks were running for political office as Republicans than in any prior election. That information was always missed by the MSM.

Kim Klacik would be an excellent potential member of a future Republican ticket IMHO...whether as POTUS or VP.

It wasn't missed, it was at a minimum ignored, probably actively suppressed.

Kim's going to have to get elected to the Senate because she'll never win a House race in Baltimore. She could win a state level office then possibly run for Governor but she's going to need to something else in public office before she would have a shot at the ticket - she's an unknown and an outsider. Niki Haley would probably be the frontrunner for a female of color for a future Republican ticket, IMO.

Last edited:
Larry Elder absolutely has made his position on BLM known and you're right. Thomas Sowell has as well. Larry Elder talks about racism in America frequently. Shit, Thomas Sowell is 90.5 and still has his wits about him - there's a video of him talking about BLM, race hustlers and welfare from September 2020. I'm an old dad, my youngest will be 46 when I'm 90, would be awesome if I'm still functioning then.

I started listening to Larry Elder at least 25 years ago on Los Angeles radio.

He brought Leo Terrell – who had a successful law practice, Terrel doesn’t have to take a position for money – onto the radio and back then Leo was actually a fairly liberal Democrat.

I don’t know if he’s really changed that much – I think the California Democratic party has probably moved away from him.

Jason Whitlock may not be the richest multi millionaire in the world – he’s only worth about $10 million.

He made his money as a personality in sports journalism. His personal beliefs are found primarily in his strong religion and he has rankled of the ire of some with his belief that homosexuality is a sin.

Now, I am not religious and I don’t believe that, but he has every right to believe that if he wants to.

You probably know who Candace Owens and Kira Davis are, for anyone who doesn’t their core beliefs are also founded in their Christianity.

The Black Lives Matter organization is in fact a self proclaimed Marxist organization. It believes in the destruction of the interior family. No one is selling out for money to decry that organization, if those values are antithetical to their own.

You know all this of course, I’m just providing some info for anybody who might not.

Last edited:
It wasn't missed, it was at a minimum ignored, probably actively suppressed.

Kim's going to have to get elected to the Senate because she'll never win a House race in Baltimore. She could win a state level office then possibly run for Governor but she's going to need to something else in public office before she would have a shot at the ticket - she's an unknown and an outsider. Niki Haley would probably be the frontrunner for a female of color for a future Republican ticket, IMO.

She developed broad awareness and appeal just by running for the congressional seat that she did. Kinda reminds me a bit of Lincoln. She is very quick thinking, sharp. Even made it on the View and the only way Joy could win was, as usual, cutting off someone she disagrees with...and Kim was definitely winning that debate with ease. From everything I have seen, she has defeated her opponents in debates...the problem obviously is the R attached to her, but she wears it with pride.

I just hope the Black Conservative growth experienced in the past few years continues to grow. So many Liberals keep trying to keep them "in their place", I would really like for more of Black America to wake up to that. How Biden still managed to get so many votes after his "you ain't black" comment can only be attributed to the fact Trump is such an ass. I do hope Biden/Harris have that thrown back in their face in 2024...against a ticket with Klacik on it. I think Republicans would be very smart in pushing for her to be in the 2024 primaries at a minimum.

A ticket with her and David Winkler from NJ would absolutely have my vote...and I would be good with either of them as the POTUS option.

I started listening to Larry Elder at least 25 years ago on Los Angeles radio.

He brought Leo Terrell ? who had a successful law practice, Terrel doesn?t have to take a position for money ? onto the radio and back then Leo was actually a fairly liberal Democrat.

I don?t know if he?s really changed that much ? I think the California Democratic party has probably moved away from him.

Jason Whitlock may not be the richest multi millionaire in the world ? he?s only worth about $10 million.

He made his money as a personality in sports journalism. His personal beliefs are found primarily in his strong religion and he has rankled of the ire of some with his belief that homosexuality is a sin.

Now, I am not religious and I don?t believe that, but he has every right to believe that if he wants to.

You probably know who Candace Owens and Kira Davis are, for anyone who doesn?t their core beliefs are also founded in their Christianity.

The Black Lives Matter organization is in fact a self proclaimed Marxist organization. It believes in the destruction of the interior family. No one is selling out for money to decry that organization, if those values are antithetical to their own.

You know all this of course, I?m just providing some info for anybody who might not.

Don?t think I?ve ever heard of Kira Davis and am I only kinda familiar with Terrell but I?m familiar with all the others mentioned (especially the ones I mentioned) including Owens. There?s another I?ve seen a few times - older gentleman with a nasally voice - I can picture him but I can?t think of his name. One of the more memorable videos was an interview with Don Lemon where he frustrated the hell out of Lemon and made him look like a complete fool - doesn?t really narrow it down, I know but you?d probably find him interesting. It?s gonna bug me until I can remember his name.

She developed broad awareness and appeal just by running for the congressional seat that she did. Kinda reminds me a bit of Lincoln. She is very quick thinking, sharp. Even made it on the View and the only way Joy could win was, as usual, cutting off someone she disagrees with...and Kim was definitely winning that debate with ease. From everything I have seen, she has defeated her opponents in debates...the problem obviously is the R attached to her, but she wears it with pride.

I just hope the Black Conservative growth experienced in the past few years continues to grow. So many Liberals keep trying to keep them "in their place", I would really like for more of Black America to wake up to that. How Biden still managed to get so many votes after his "you ain't black" comment can only be attributed to the fact Trump is such an ass. I do hope Biden/Harris have that thrown back in their face in 2024...against a ticket with Klacik on it. I think Republicans would be very smart in pushing for her to be in the 2024 primaries at a minimum.

A ticket with her and David Winkler from NJ would absolutely have my vote...and I would be good with either of them as the POTUS option.

I don't disagree that what she did this year was impressive and she got a surprising amount of attention for someone running for a House seat out of Baltimore. I just think she's going to have to get elected to raise her profile more or she could end up like Mia Love, who actually did serve in Congress for 4 years but has since faded into obscurity.

the growth of black conservatives has accelerated in an environment where the press and Dems accused the President of being racist on a daily if not hourly basis. I don't think the issue is with Trump. It may not matter though given Biden will likely move to immediately grant citizenship to 10mm+ illegal immigrants that skew 70% Dem. Between that and all the voter fraud, it could be decades before a Republican wins the White House again.

Edit: I just watched that clip - I actually think Anna Navarro may be more annoying than Joy Behar - Sunny Hosten is a close third to that top 2.

Edit 2: I also think the Republican party in NJ is dead. This state is a complete shithole and only going to get worse as Dems chase more and more middle, upper middle and affluent residents out.

Last edited:
Wild how the Confederacy was only around for 4 years and yet that flag is still being waved. The Harbaugh Era at Michigan has gone on longer than the Confederacy.

Harbaugh’s been around longer at Michigan but he has fewer big wins (0). Thankfully, the Confederacy lost enough of the big ones.

Edit 2: I also think the Republican party in NJ is dead. This state is a complete shithole and only going to get worse as Dems chase more and more middle, upper middle and affluent residents out.[/QUOTE]

It is shocking how gas is now cheaper in Brooklyn than NJ...not by a small amount, like a 20-25 cent difference in many places. Complete opposite of what it was less than 10 years ago. Christie started that but Muppet...errr...Murphy has gone way over the top with it. The botched Covid responses and quarantines to boot...I hope someone dethrones his ass.

Is this reason Lincoln refused to allow his own son to join the army?

In movie, Daniel Day - Lewis as Lincoln pounded the crap out out of Joseph Gordon Levitt, who was playing his son, over that.

It was Mary Todd who opposed Robert joining the army. She had already lost two sons, Edward and Willie (who died in the White House in 1862). Tad would die at 18, leaving Robert as her only surviving son, who lived into his 80s. (It actually sorta gets me that my Dad and Robert Lincoln were alive at the same time. So was Wyatt Earp)

Lincoln apparently compromised by placing Robert Lincoln on Grant’s staff in the closing days of the war, rather than in a forward area. And he was only in the army for less than six months.

Robert had some curious turns of events in his life. He was saved from serious injury by Edwin Booth in 1863 or 1864. Booth pulled him from the path of a moving train car. Of course Lincoln recognized him. Lincoln was present at the death of his father, the assassination attempt of Garfield (He died a few months later due to incompetent doctors) and Lincoln was outside the Pan Am Exposition hall in Buffalo when Leon Czolgozcz shot McKinley.

From Wikipedia”

“He is said to have refused a later presidential invitation with the comment, ‘No, I'm not going, and they'd better not ask me, because there is a certain fatality about presidential functions when I am present.‘"

Robert Lincoln was also present at Appomattox.

Last edited:
didn't the name/bloodline also die with Robert? I remember reading that Abe had no surviving heirs and Robert must have been the last one

didn't the name/bloodline also die with Robert? I remember reading that Abe had no surviving heirs and Robert must have been the last one

No, the last known person with the Lincoln bloodline, Robert’s grandson, died in the 1980s. I remember reading about that.

Last edited:

I have to admit I was unfamiliar with Robert and have found the info posted so far to be very interesting. I did the quick google thing to find out Robert had 3 children: Jessie Harlan Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln II, Mamie Lincoln Isham

Jessie had: Robert Todd Lincoln Beckwith, Mary Lincoln Beckwith
AL II had: no children...he was the only grandson of Abraham Lincoln, so the family name died with him in that sense. He was 16 when he died in England from blood poisoning after he had surgery to remove a carbuncle under his arm and the wound became infected.
Mamie had: Lincoln Isham

Altogether, there are ten known descendants of Lincoln. The family line is believed to have been extinct since its last undisputed descendant, Robert Todd Lincoln Beckwith, died on December 24, 1985, without any children. The Lincoln family does have other surviving relatives who share common ancestors with the former president.

So while the Lincoln family had continued initially, it no longer has any living descendants.

Very sad considering he is one of the few Republican presidents that even Liberals will agree he did more good than bad. Another might be Teddy Roosevelt?

Very sad considering he is one of the few Republican presidents that even Liberals will agree he did more good than bad. Another might be Teddy Roosevelt?

T. Roosevelt? Doubtful. Too much of an jingoist-expansionist. But he did kill a cougar with a knife in 1901, when he was vice-president. He did so to save his dogs from potential harm.

And he gave long speech in 1912 when he ran for president as a thrid-party candidate, after being shot in the chest. (He told the crowd that he'd been shot and then proceeded with his address).

These days, no Republican former president would be esteemed by the Democrats with whom I am familiar, because they were privileged white men. Besides, there are already plenty of privileged white male Democratic former presidents to admire and regard.

T. Roosevelt? Doubtful. Too much of an jingoist-expansionist. But he did kill a cougar with a knife in 1901, when he was vice-president. He did so to save his dogs from potential harm.

And he gave long speech in 1912 when he ran for president as a thrid-party candidate, after being shot in the chest. (He told the crowd that he'd been shot and then proceeded with his address).

These days, no Republican former president would be esteemed by the Democrats with whom I am familiar, because they were privileged white men. Besides, there are already plenty of privileged white male Democratic former presidents to admire and regard.

There's a flip side to the reaction to ideas about 'toxic masculinity'. Masculinity isn't toxic and the crap that's called toxic masculinity isn't masculine (though a lot of idiots think it is.) These are stories of masculinity. Tugging on people's hands during a handshake to show off that you weigh more isn't.

It was Mary Todd who opposed Robert joining the army. She had already lost two sons, Edward and Willie (who died in the White House in 1862). Tad would die at 18, leaving Robert as her only surviving son, who lived into his 80s. (It actually sorta gets me that my Dad and Robert Lincoln were alive at the same time. So was Wyatt Earp)

Lincoln apparently compromised by placing Robert Lincoln on Grant?s staff in the closing days of the war, rather than in a forward area. And he was only in the army for less than six months.

Robert had some curious turns of events in his life. He was saved from serious injury by Edwin Booth in 1863 or 1864. Booth pulled him from the path of a moving train car. Of course Lincoln recognized him. Lincoln was present at the death of his father, the assassination attempt of Garfield (He died a few months later due to incompetent doctors) and Lincoln was outside the Pan Am Exposition hall in Buffalo when Leon Czolgozcz shot McKinley.

From Wikipedia?

?He is said to have refused a later presidential invitation with the comment, ?No, I'm not going, and they'd better not ask me, because there is a certain fatality about presidential functions when I am present.?"

Robert Lincoln was also present at Appomattox.

I?ve heard of this story.

There's a flip side to the reaction to ideas about 'toxic masculinity'. Masculinity isn't toxic and the crap that's called toxic masculinity isn't masculine (though a lot of idiots think it is.) These are stories of masculinity. Tugging on people's hands during a handshake to show off that you weigh more isn't.

Some think that anyone who regards himself as a man is toxic.

Back