Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

At least these people who advocate censorship aren't being censored themselves. At least we know what they are planning.

He had too many swamp creatures around him. The swamp was a lot deeper than anyone could have imagined and Q was a passivity string along operation run by the swamp creatures.

It's amazing you still think he wasn't a swamp creature himself and cared to do anything about the swamp.

he was - at best - a swamp creature that didn't play as nice with the others as they wanted.

It's amazing you still think he wasn't a swamp creature himself and cared to do anything about the swamp.

he was - at best - a swamp creature that didn't play as nice with the others as they wanted.

We?ll agree to disagree.

Most overrated = Avatar. It's difficult to not forget about Avatar, but Avatar is treated like one of the greatest movies ever, and it's just a stupid beige ball of a movie. I can't quote a single line from it, but it's getting its own land at Disney? A billion dollar budget for 4 sequels? Why?

It makes sense that it was picked up by Disney considering it's essentially 'Space Pocahontas'.

It makes sense that it was picked up by Disney considering it's essentially 'Space Pocahontas'.
Should have done Space Pirates of the Caribbean instead.

or forget Disney. What I want is Gilligan's Moon.

Last edited:
Anyway, somebody is hosting this web page.

So parler is technically no longer “deplatformed;” I figure they’ll have their full site operational shortly.

Whether that’s good, bad, or not of consequence.

Anyway, somebody is hosting this web page.

So parler is technically no longer “deplatformed;” I figure they’ll have their full site operational shortly.

Whether that’s good, bad, or not of consequence.
I just bought it. I'm going to post an ad there for Space Gilligan's Isle while people are still checking it.

Gilligan's Asteroid maybe?

Last edited:
so basically if Breitbart or Daily Caller called the movie "liberal agitprop" or some term like that, it becomes "the most overrated movie ever" in your book. Big surprise...

Pretty funny coming from the guy who probably gets his pop culture opinions from Rolling Stone or the same moronic websites that tell you what to think about politics. I wouldn?t know what Breitbart or the Daily Caller said about either movie. I don?t read either of those sites and I don?t read movie reviews in general. My opinions have nothing to do with ?liberal agitprop? (I wouldn?t consider Pulp Fiction or the Matrix to be particularly political - certainly not liberal). I watched them and came to those conclusions on my own.

It was a good movie.

I read somewhere that the Wachoski ... uh... siblings... ripped off some other works for the plot, but I have to say, notwithstanding that, it was a crazy and enjoyable flick.

The 2nd and 3rd ones were bad. Makes me think they didn't have a lot of original ideas between the two of them. The dialogue in 2 and 3 also gives "Top Gun" a run for its money in the "Worst Movie Dialogue Ever" category. I remember sitting in the theatre and listening to some of the pseudo-intellectual babble on the nature of mankind in #2 as torture.

It?s funny reading post where you criticize people for not having original ideas, especially when you got that criticism from someone else.

yes it bothers me.

it also bothers me anyone could consider google or facebook “leftist" but I remember -thinking back to 2004 - that there were people who consider George W. Bush "too liberal" because he wouldn't endorse lynching gay people or sending all Muslim Americans to concentration camps, so I guess that's a whole other issue & it's going to be tough to find common ground here.

yeah, I wonder where anyone would get the idea that companies who actively censore conservatives and suppress stories that hurt Dems would be leftist. Insane.

Last edited:
It was a good movie.

I read somewhere that the Wachoski ... uh... siblings... ripped off some other works for the plot, but I have to say, notwithstanding that, it was a crazy and enjoyable flick.

The 2nd and 3rd ones were bad. Makes me think they didn't have a lot of original ideas between the two of them. The dialogue in 2 and 3 also gives "Top Gun" a run for its money in the "Worst Movie Dialogue Ever" category. I remember sitting in the theatre and listening to some of the pseudo-intellectual babble on the nature of mankind in #2 as torture.

Top Gun is a classic, you communist. *Inverts the monitor, flips off MC*

Last edited:
Kohl's and Bed, Bath, and Beyond are dropping MyPillow from their store, which isn't technically internet censorship, but is part of cancel culture in general.

Kohl's and Bed, Bath, and Beyond are dropping MyPillow from their store, which isn't technically internet censorship, but is part of cancel culture in general.

people on twitter are calling it "Mein Pillow" now, ha.

I never heard of it til recently. I don't order products from the TV though.

people on twitter are calling it "Mein Pillow" now, ha.

I never heard of it til recently. I don't order products from the TV though.
Apparently the CEO was seen on his way to a meeting with Trump and his notes said something about implementing martial law in response to foreign interference in the election.

Top Gun is a classic, you communist. *Inverts the monitor, flips off MC*

I watched it as a kid, and remember it turning my older college-educated family members into drooling rednecks "Hurr Maverick shot down three MIGs, wow durrr. We're winnign teh cold war"

My grandma made my brother and I leave the room during the PG-13 sex scene between Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis. I wonder what she would have said if we knew back then that both of them were Bi?

I watched it many years later and couldn't get past the dialogue. I can't believe it wasn't written by a computer as some kind of Cold War DARPA domestic propaganda project. It's unbelievably terrible. I went back found Roger Ebert's review of it and he agreed:
"Movies like "Top Gun" are hard to review because the good parts are so good and the bad parts are so relentless. The dogfights are absolutely the best since Clint Eastwood's electrifying aerial scenes in "Firefox." But look out for the scenes where the people talk to one another."
2 1/2 stars.

BBBY is going the way of Toys R Us so the product would have gotten dropped eventually anyway.

I remember reading that after Top Gun was released, the Navy saw a significant increase in enlistments and I remember wondering if Pretty Woman had a similar effect by inspiring loads of young women to become prostitutes.

Back