Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Pretty much thinking that I would be excluded from certain groups, just after I was ostracized for refusing to join them.

I am a willing and agreeable participant toward the Diversity and Equality mindset, but pushing back on Inclusivity due to its Exclusionary practices and reality resulted in me being Excluded because I would not conform and provided sound, non-racist and non-bigoted reasoning why I am against Inclusivity.

It is funny that I am always attacked by Inclusive people when they are the ones being disrespectful and intolerant...all the more reason to call out the BS that it is.

We shouldn't be talking about absolute and extremes as much as we do. I get what you're pointing out and maybe I should have contrasted it with something less extreme, but to me, cancel culture means focusing on these extremes, randomly picking one, and having it go viral with soapboxing/outrage. The example I picked is one I think we discussed here before, maybe on the music thread? But with cancel culture being a facet of our polarization, we grind the whole operation to a halt worrying about extremes when we could just agree on good middle ground and when it comes to what crosses the line into extreme territory, just say we know it when we see it.

not so long ago, biological males competing against girls in sports and having access to the women's locker room was considered an extreme point of view by both sides. But those who would have been thought of as extreme by most people are now mainstream in the Democratic party and their agenda is a major piece of the platform. The same thing is happening with other absolute and extreme ideas - like letting children decide they're a different gender, critical race theory, the shift from equality to equity, identity politics in general, etc.

Dismissing the extremes as just that doesn't seem to be working. I don't think talking about transgender rights too much is why we are now erasing women after decades of fighting for their rights.

Last edited:
But those who would have been thought of as extreme by most people are now mainstream in the Democratic party and their agenda is a major piece of the platform.

A quick google search to try to see what you're talking about turned up breitbart and daily caller links. I've heard a few stories here and there, but it was like...I don't know, professional MMA stuff that might have been trying to push the envelope for attention and money in in the first place. I'm not sure that you're right about what's mainstream.

Not working? When did we try it? You have to try it for it not to work.

A quick google search to try to see what you're talking about turned up breitbart and daily caller links. I've heard a few stories here and there, but it was like...I don't know, professional MMA stuff that might have been trying to push the envelope for attention and money in in the first place. I'm not sure that you're right about what's mainstream.

...and here's some more hyperbolic victim talk.

Have you heard of the equality act? Seen what's been done in Connecticut to girls' sports already? Read about the assistant Secretary of HHS position on transgender children? Apparently these issues are being ignored by everyone except Breitbart and the Daily Caller (except they're not because I'm aware of them and I don't read either source). There's nothing at all hyperbolic about this - now all a man has to do is say he feels like a woman and he can violate their privacy by using facilities designated for women and take their scholarships, medals, championships and records by dominating their sports at every level.

Last edited:
Have you heard of the equality act? Seen what's been done in Connecticut to girls' sports already? Read about the assistant Secretary of HHS position on transgender children? There's nothing at all hyperbolic about this.

Nothing hyperbolic about this; it's a tough issue. It's you that's being hyperbolic about it.

Nothing hyperbolic about this; it's a tough issue. It's you that's being hyperbolic about it.

Right, I'm the extremist here. It's not a tough issue, it's a simple matter of the science of biology. Males don't belong in female sports, regardless of their mental health issues. It's delusional to think otherwise.

It's also not difficult to realize that a child isn't mature enough to make life altering decisions about their gender, particularly when the science says that 98% of gender confused children will eventually accept their biological sex after naturally going through puberty without medical intervention (hormone therapy, gender mutilation surgery). It's also not difficult to see that those medical interventions don't work when the suicide rates among gender confused people doesn't go down after medical intervention.

It's also not even remotely hyperbolic to raise the red flag when a extremist like Dr. Rachel Levine gains more and more power and influence over public health. It's insane that a person who advocates for children choosing their gender and empowering the state to deny parental rights to prevent medical treatments like hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery because a little girl thinks she's a boy. That's not hyperbole - it's what this whack job who is now the Assistant Secretary for Health believes and advocates for.

Last edited:
Right, I'm the extremist here.

I haven't said your position is extreme. But you are using hyperbolic language. Where did you pick up language about women being erased? Did you think it was hyperbolic the first time you heard it in whatever context it was?

I haven't said your position is extreme. But you are using hyperbolic language. Where did you pick up language about women being erased? Did you think it was hyperbolic the first time you heard it in whatever context it was?

It's not hyperbolic and it's not just conservatives. There are plenty of actual female athletes and there are even liberal feminist activists who make the same point.

It's not hyperbolic and it's not just conservatives. There are plenty of actual female athletes and there are even liberal feminist activists who make the same point.

You're trying to change the meaning of what I said. The 'it' that I called hyperbolic isn't conservatives and 'it' isn't the point being made. I said you. With that language.

Anyway, with regard to internet censorship, what if someone finds a way to make a stink over an equality issue? You can't deny service based on religion. I'm not saying anyone has, but how long before someone claims to have been de-platformed over a religious position?

I am a willing and agreeable participant toward the Diversity and Equality mindset, but pushing back on Inclusivity due to its Exclusionary practices and reality resulted in me being Excluded because I would not conform and provided sound, non-racist and non-bigoted reasoning why I am against Inclusivity.

It is funny that I am always attacked by Inclusive people when they are the ones being disrespectful and intolerant...all the more reason to call out the BS that it is.

I would not be included in the Inclusive set because of my Catholicism.

Right, I'm the extremist here. It's not a tough issue, it's a simple matter of the science of biology. Males don't belong in female sports, regardless of their mental health issues. It's delusional to think otherwise.

It's also not difficult to realize that a child isn't mature enough to make life altering decisions about their gender, particularly when the science says that 98% of gender confused children will eventually accept their biological sex after naturally going through puberty without medical intervention (hormone therapy, gender mutilation surgery). It's also not difficult to see that those medical interventions don't work when the suicide rates among gender confused people doesn't go down after medical intervention.

It's also not even remotely hyperbolic to raise the red flag when a extremist like Dr. Rachel Levine gains more and more power and influence over public health. It's insane that a person who advocates for children choosing their gender and empowering the state to deny parental rights to prevent medical treatments like hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery because a little girl thinks she's a boy. That's not hyperbole - it's what this whack job who is now the Assistant Secretary for Health believes and advocates for.

I dunno, you sound pretty hyperbolic to me.

Youtube has many videos of boys-turned-girls eviscerating girls in track events.

Last edited:
Back