Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

In my view, if you don't want to bump minimum wage right now, you should probably want to do away with it completely. If it's a thing we want, it should happen by little steps, often, all the time. Not a handful of big steps taking place every other decade.

I want to do away with it immediately because it's not a thing we should want.

Should we have it at all, to me, depends on the strength of unions. If unions are strong, I don't think we need a minimum wage. Seems more capitalist to me to have unions pushing on big employers and mom & pop places facing less resistance than to have the government apply a rule to everyone.

It definitely is and I'm not opposed to this - but I do think union participation should be voluntary and it shouldn't restrict anyone from working if they don't want to be part of the union. Participants should also have to elect/give permission for the union to take dues from their wages. And if you're against Citizens United, you should be consistent and apply any restrictions to unions.

But, if unions don't exist that can push back on the biggest employers, then I understand the acceptance of the government approach.

I'm not, particularly since the government approach is an arbitrary ham-fisted one-size-fits-all approach that doesn't account for a lot of differences (skills worth less than the minimum wage, cost of living, etc). The $15 minimum wage is a disaster - the CBO says it will benefit 900k workers but destroy 1.4mm jobs. The news about the CBO analysis came from CNBC which I've recently learned is basically state run media, so take it with a grain of salt. Liz Warren says raising the minimum wage is good for everyone, AOC says $15/hr is what people need to live and Ro Khanna says California doesn't want small businesses that don't pay a fair wage - which apparently is $15/hr...because it is.

Last edited:
What's cancelled now?

Speedy and le pew are the latest, i'm sure it's just the start. The mob won't stop until everything is in complete ruin. The normal people won't stand up and say no out of fear of losing everything so here we are..

Cancel Culture will eventual come for the flag itself and all founding fathers. It's a color revolutionary chicom take over. go back to playing with yourself in the corner.

Last edited:
What's cancelled now?

I?d speculate that all of it will be, but Speedy Gonzalez, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe LePew and my favorite cartoon of all time, ?Bully for Bugs,? is likely high on the list.

I?d speculate that all of it will be, but Speedy Gonzalez, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe LePew and my favorite cartoon of all time, ?Bully for Bugs,? is likely high on the list.

What's wrong with Foghorn?

Sam should get a pass too, but at least I can guess what the issue is.

What's wrong with Foghorn?

Seriously? He?s a southern white supremacist. He beats sleeping animals. He?s a misogynist. He hates children.

Sam should get a pass too, but at least I can guess what the issue is.

Sam is a white exploiter of Native Americans and an outlaw gunslinger.

These unconscious-bias stereotypes have poisoned at least two if not three generations and need to be replaced by more ?acceptable? fictional characters, like those on Disney.

He beats sleeping animals.

I forgot about that. He beats dogs. Cancel that asshole.
That's a broken spine right there.

Shit. Cancel me for ever thinking that was funny.
iu

But really, this was 'cancelled' by the time the Simpsons made Itchy & Scratchy. How could that stuff land if we didn't realize old cartoons were a little messed up?

Seriously? He’s a southern white supremacist. He beats sleeping animals. He’s a misogynist. He hates children.

what kind of children? I think it's ok to hate the white, cisgender or gender conforming ones.

Edit: and the ones still in the womb, of course.

Sam is a white exploiter of Native Americans and an outlaw gunslinger.

These unconscious-bias stereotypes have poisoned at least two if not three generations and need to be replaced by more “acceptable” fictional characters, like those on Disney.

that haven't been cancelled - so far.

Last edited:
wasn't there something problematic about Hamilton? I thought I heard something about that recently.

I hadn't heard, but I have no doubt that somebody has a problem with it. There's a somebody out there that has a problem with everything. If being upset because somebody is upset about something they shouldn't be upset about is your thing, this is a golden age. (Generic 'you' of course.)

I think it popped up in the Golden Globe a week or two ago or whenever it was, so it's been an ineffective cancelling if there was one.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard, but I have no doubt that somebody has a problem with it. There's a somebody out there that has a problem with everything. If being upset because somebody is upset about something they shouldn't be upset about is your thing, this is a golden age. (Generic 'you' of course.)

I think it popped up in the Golden Globe a week or two ago or whenever it was, so it's been an ineffective cancelling if there was one.

no one has a right to not be offended but we're putting it on par with or worse than being the victim of a violent crime.

They cut a LePew scene from the new movie, but they claim it was only because they thought Space Jam didn't need it.

https://film.avclub.com/the-space-jam-sequel-reportedly-cut-a-scene-where-pepe-1846429328
Pepe was set to appear in a black-and-white Casablanca-like Rick?s Cafe sequence. Pepe, playing a bartender, starts hitting on a woman at the bar played by [Greice] Santo. He begins kissing her arm, which she pulls back, then slamming Pepe into the chair next to hers. She then pours her drink on Pepe, and slaps him hard, sending him spinning in a stool, which is then stopped by LeBron James? hand. James and Bugs Bunny are looking for Lola, and Pepe knows her whereabouts. Pepe then tells the guys that Penelope cat has filed a restraining order against him. James makes a remark in the script that Pepe can?t grab other Tunes without their consent.

Back