Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

I don't recall the specific years now as it's all just a blur but I do think he commanded a much better field presents in some previous years than what I saw in 2018 merely only brief glimpses of it in 2018, it needs to be everyday at all waking hours

I've always said 2011 was his best year but, and this doesn't refer to only Matt, seems like teams are going for the completion %. They want 67-68-70+ and there's too many short passes. Look at the completion % of 20 years ago and before - they didn't care about that. They didn't care about INT. Their stats meant little. Marino 86.4 career passer rating.

Unfortunately for Matt in todays game just too many guys better than him. Rookie will win MVP this season. I don't care what talent is on that team, it's impressive.

Last edited:
I've always said 2011 was his best year but, and this doesn't refer to only Matt, seems like teams are going for the completion %. They want 67-68-70+ and there's too many short passes. Look at the completion % of 20 years ago and before - they didn't care about that. They didn't care about INT. Their stats meant little. Marino 86.4 career passer rating.

Unfortunately for Matt in todays game just too many guys better than him. Rookie will win MVP this season. I don't care what talent is on that team, it's impressive.

What rookie?

Saquan?
Derwin James?

What rookie?

Saquan?
Derwin James?

Rookie as in 2nd year player. But in baseball teams he's a rookie but only one game the previous year, lol. But honestly, Saquan should get MVP consideration. The guy was a stud.

Rookie as in 2nd year player. But in baseball teams he's a rookie but only one game the previous year, lol. But honestly, Saquan should get MVP consideration. The guy was a stud.

Closest thing to #20 since......well......#20.

Quinn said they are not trading Stafford. He's a very talented player. Love it

Let's take a look at some things for 2018
Stafford 89.9 rating without two big weapons, for half (Marvin) and over half the year (Tate) TE injuries and Kerryon out 6.5 games. Plus Ellington hurt when tried to replace Tate. Run game was 23rd in yards and 28th in YPC. This was mainly due to Blount getting 154 carries and being beyond awful. Kerryon, Zenner and even Riddick had good YPC. Turnovers forced was 31st in the league by Lions D at 14 only. Blocking very hit or miss starting in Week 7 and after.

Stafford QB rating splits
Ahead 94 rating (156 attempts)
Ahead 1-8 points 97.3 rating (91 attempts)
Behind 86.3 rating (300 attempts)
Behind 1-8 points 92.3 rating (128 attempts)
Behind 9-16 points 75.4 rating (99 attempts)
Tied 94.3 rating (99 attempts)

So he only sucked when Lions were already down big by two scores.

Margin 0-7 97.8 rating (187 attempts)
Margin 8-14 92.4 rating (186 attempts)
Margin 15+ 79.4 rating (182 attempts)

1st Qtr 101.9 rating
2nd Qtr 83.4 rating
3rd Qtr 86.6 rating
4th Qtr 89.8 rating

Stafford home 79.6 rating. Bad stats but didn't suck at home and dragged down by fluke Jets game (2 picks not his fault). Neither pick against Bears were his fault either. Pats pick but good in that game and Lions won. Seattle pick his fault but Lions were down 14 then, Rams pick was end of game down 14 on last play.

Stafford away 101.0 rating. 12 TDs and 2 picks on road (both at Bears game, one was Marvins fault, the other was like a punt)

Stafford still a stud. Lost his weapons, blocking and didn't have run game or turnovers

Last edited:
No one would trade for him.

So what you're saying is Matt can't win a game when the teams is behind? Yeah that's what you want in a 25+ million QB. Sweet.

No one would trade for him.

So what you're saying is Matt can't win a game when the teams is behind? Yeah that's what you want in a 25+ million QB. Sweet.

He has a ton of comebacks. Yes he can. Nobody could with these injured weapons and lack of blocking and lack of run game and lack of turnvoers from the defense

No QB could succeed in Detroit this year. None. Zero. I think all QBs would have a worse rating than Stafford if they played on Detroit this year

And Stafford did well down 1-8 points. Down big is when he had to do too much

He has a ton of comebacks. Yes he can. Nobody could with these injured weapons and lack of blocking and lack of run game and lack of turnvoers from the defense

No QB could succeed in Detroit this year. None. Zero. I think all QBs would have a worse rating than Stafford if they played on Detroit this year

And Stafford did well down 1-8 points. Down big is when he had to do too much

classic LKP. When defending Stafford the entire team around him sucks. When defending the team, they have top talent in the league and should be 12-4

classic LKP. When defending Stafford the entire team around him sucks. When defending the team, they have top talent in the league and should be 12-4

It can be both. Injuries and trade took the talent away. More than any team should endure

It can be both. Injuries and trade took the talent away. More than any team should endure

Slay is the only pro-bowl caliber player on the team. They had some injuries, just like every team. Good teams can overcome injuries. The Lions aren't a good team.

Bears, rams ,saints did not have anywhere close to lions injuries. They had extreme health and hence the top 3 teams in nfc

Lions are loades with talent..just need health and better reffing in this league

Bears, rams ,saints did not have anywhere close to lions injuries. They had extreme health and hence the top 3 teams in nfc

Lions are loades with talent..just need health and better reffing in this league

This team is not talented.

89.9 rating for stafford
88 rating today for luck who gets the playoff win. Colts run for 200 yards

Just think about that
Watson had a 69 rating

89.9 rating for stafford
88 rating today for luck who gets the playoff win. Colts run for 200 yards

Just think about that
Watson had a 69 rating

A lot of that was game script. Luck had them up 21-0 in the second quarter.

What does Stafford's 89.9 rating have to do with this game?

A lot of that was game script. Luck had them up 21-0 in the second quarter.

What does Stafford's 89.9 rating have to do with this game?

Lol. He wws shut down in second half and had 200 yards rushing. 21 pts then none. It was not game script

Back