Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Luck in 6 playoff games had 70 rating.. then had the 88. He deserves no playoff wins

Luck in 6 playoff games had 70 rating.. then had the 88. He deserves no playoff wins

he has started 7 playoff games and has 4 more playoff wins than the 10-year vet that the Lions employ (he as zero)

1st playoff win 29-45 with 443 yards and a 98.7 rating
2nd playoff win 31-44 for 376 yards and a 104.0 rating

Stafford 87 playoffs. Brady 90. Stafford just as good as brady

Maybe someone could change the title of this thread to "Stafford was the #24 QB for the 2018 season"

Here are his rankings
QB Rating 25
ESPN QBR 23
comp % 15
YP Attempt 27
YP Game 23
TD 17

Maybe someone could change the title of this thread to "Stafford was the #24 QB for the 2018 season"

Here are his rankings
QB Rating 25
ESPN QBR 23
comp % 15
YP Attempt 27
YP Game 23
TD 17

He sure was. Funny thing though, when Stafford was playing well and being recognized as a top QB in this league by the media and players, you guys went into hiding lol.

He sure was. Funny thing though, when Stafford was playing well and being recognized as a top QB in this league by the media and players, you guys went into hiding lol.

I hear ya...

I have always said he is an above average to good QB. I think he is probably in that 10-15 range (overall). When he has had really good seasons I felt the same way. After this season, I still feel the same way. 10-15

That's because they're idiots. This isn't the only bad year he's had far from it. He's had better years than others but that's a bad way to judge a QB. 6 years of horseshit football. Has he had top 10 years, yes. Is he top 10 QB, no. 6 years. 6 years of bad football.

That's because they're idiots. This isn't the only bad year he's had far from it. He's had better years than others but that's a bad way to judge a QB. 6 years of horseshit football. Has he had top 10 years, yes. Is he top 10 QB, no. 6 years. 6 years of bad football.

You're the biggest idiot going though and that's a fact. Your analysis of a QB is a joke. Nobody takes you serious lol

Stafford's first 2 yrs were bad. Injuries took part in that. Then he played at a high level from 2011 to 2017. Then 2018 was a trainwreck. 3 bad years out of 10.

I hear ya...

I have always said he is an above average to good QB. I think he is probably in that 10-15 range (overall). When he has had really good seasons I felt the same way. After this season, I still feel the same way. 10-15

I think he's most definitely a top 10 QB in the league. Prior to this yr he was one of the best in the league.

Answer me this....

Did Trubisky have a good game yesterday?

Stafford's first 2 yrs were bad. Injuries took part in that. Then he played at a high level from 2011 to 2017. Then 2018 was a trainwreck. 3 bad years out of 10.

Lol.

If you actually think 2012 was anything close to good, lmao.

Lol.

If you actually think 2012 was anything close to good, lmao.

Ok, you're right. 2012 wasn't very good lol.
So, look at it like this. He's played in every game since 2011, right? 2012 and 2018 were bad yrs, right? So, 6 yrs out of 8 has been at a high level. His rookie and 2nd yr he got hurt. I'll take that all day...

Stafford isn't the problem...

I think he's most definitely a top 10 QB in the league. Prior to this yr he was one of the best in the league.

We have disagreed on this before, but we really aren't that far off. I think he's in that 10-15 range. To be honest, once you get outside that top 5 or 6, there isn't a huge difference until you get down to 20 and below.

2012 was weapon injuries and weapon problems causing picks and fumbles. Defense that couldn’t make a play when it needed. Not much run game with leshoure

Ok, you're right. 2012 wasn't very good lol.
So, look at it like this. He's played in every game since 2011, right? 2012 and 2018 were bad yrs, right? So, 6 yrs out of 8 has been at a high level. His rookie and 2nd yr he got hurt. I'll take that all day...

Stafford isn't the problem...

So injuries years not count. And I was being generous. '13 an '14 weren't good either. They were average.

So injuries years not count. And I was being generous. '13 an '14 weren't good either. They were average.

4650 yards and 6th in tds in 2013 with 29

No slot wr, pettigrew at te with scheffler hurt and burleson missed half the year. Kris Durham had 85 targets and 44% catch rate. Protection was hit and miss that year too. He did have a run game though

Many of the 19 picks not his fault. Off WRs and te hands and bad routes

11-5 season
But Calvin and bush hurt some that year. Lombardi and protection was awful. Poor run game. No 3rd wr and Ebron was a rookie

4650 yards and 6th in tds in 2013 with 29

No slot wr, pettigrew at te with scheffler hurt and burleson missed half the year. Kris Durham had 85 targets and 44% catch rate. Protection was hit and miss that year too. He did have a run game though

Many of the 19 picks not his fault. Off WRs and te hands and bad routes

He was average. If we're going to always use the talent excuse might as well get rid of him now.

Back