Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Got a chance to watch a fair amount of the Seahawks/Wilson this year due to fantasy. Most of the time he played better than the numbers would suggest, insanely efficient. Schottenheimer's run heavy offense was a big shift and Wilson made the most of the opportunities he had.

Doesn't show up on the stat sheet but I particularly enjoyed watching Wilson block downfield on a few big runs.

im sure ill get flamed for this cause highlights mean shit....but i swear to god every highlight i see from Wilson is this beautiful deep ball that hits his guys right in stride vs a well covered cb and i just think...why the fuck dont i ever see our qb do that?

I'll agree on that. Even when the Seahawks came here and Wilson threw 2 TDs I think? It was beautiful coverage but thrown where only his guy had a shot. His accuracy is pinpoint...

im sure ill get flamed for this cause highlights mean shit....but i swear to god every highlight i see from Wilson is this beautiful deep ball that hits his guys right in stride vs a well covered cb and i just think...why the fuck dont i ever see our qb do that?

Because Wilson is better than Stafford.

Stafford tried to kill ebrons career. Ebron goes to the colts and like a Phoenix brings lucks career out of the ashes. Fuck you Stafford.

Indy had incredible protection

Ebron option 2 there, option 4 or 5 here

Stafford 6th in tds with ebron

Yet you say part of the reason Stafford sucked this year is because he didn't have a TE option. Then you say Stafford didn't need a te option. Please make up your mind...

Mahomes, goff, luck, foles, rivers. All qb ratings worse than stafford this week

Brees, brady did well..dak 99 rating and lost

All about run game this year. Pats, chiefs, ramsran wild. Saints good day too

12 of 16 qbs in games these playoffs worse than stafford 89.9 rating

Yet you say part of the reason Stafford sucked this year is because he didn't have a TE option. Then you say Stafford didn't need a te option. Please make up your mind...

Ebron had the yards with stafford..and more efficiency

Also injuries. Roberts missed 8 games plus others

Ebron had the yards with stafford..and more efficiency

Also injuries. Roberts missed 8 games plus others

Oh... got it.... if only we had Roberts we would have been good offensively. 2 years of watching Roberts... not sure what in the fuck would have given you that impression. Maybe because you're bat shit crazy?

Monken picked a shitty browns offense led by maziel 2.0 over stafford...nuff said.

Mahomes, goff, luck, foles, rivers. All qb ratings worse than stafford this week

Brees, brady did well..dak 99 rating and lost

All about run game this year. Pats, chiefs, ramsran wild. Saints good day too

12 of 16 qbs in games these playoffs worse than stafford 89.9 rating

Stafford had a n/a rating this week.

Life will be easier if you come to grips that Matt isn't the guy. How many years are you going to make excuses for him.

Life will be easier if you come to grips that Matt isn't the guy. How many years are you going to make excuses for him.

Considering he's probably got 3-4 years left, I'd say excuses for him go on 5-10 more years after he retires with 0 playoff wins.

Last edited:

I said they were missing a TE, yes. I never said Stafford didn't need one lol. Wtf are you talking about? Ebron wasn't a huge option when he was here. That's a fact. NOW, having a decent/good TE on your roster can be useful though. He can stretch the field, take defenders away from your better options. I felt like the Lions did that with EE. He took pressure off guys like Calvin, Tate and MJ because he ran very well and even though he wasn't a primary target, he was used as a decoy. Ebron would have had better numbers here but we had better options. Now was that a waste of a 1st rd pick? I would say so but it is what it is. It had nothing to do with Stafford sucking because he didn't. Stafford had good yrs when Ebron was here. You're too ignorant to get it though lol.

Monken picked a shitty browns offense led by maziel 2.0 over stafford...nuff said.

You're going full blown retard I see eh! Who fucking cares? Monken picked the Baker over Stafford? How the fuck do you know we even tried to offer him a contract? You don't. And calling Mayfield Manziel 2.0 screams how fucking clueless you really are lol. Mayfield is 100x the QB Manziel is or ever will be. Manziel can barely cut it in the CFL ya shlub.

You have that backwards. CJ took pressure off Ebron. Guarantee no one decided to cover EE over CJ.

You have that backwards. CJ took pressure off Ebron. Guarantee no one decided to cover EE over CJ.

Of course CJ is the main guy you defend. That's a no brainer but Ebron actually was capable of stretching the field. That helps the other WRs big time. Defenses were not worried about guys like Willson or Toilolo.

Back