Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Agreed it doesn't make sense taking a 26 or 20 million cap hit even if they "save" 5.5 or 11.5 million.

He played great in second half of 2015, 2016 (until the injury last 4) and 2017 and first half of 2018 sans Jets games. There was a whole mess with injuries in the second half of 2018. Stafford should have a big year

Fun fact, he has thrown 30+ TDS every 4 years. 2011, 2015. 2019?

Lions can get him better field position with D forcing earlier punts, Agnew back and more turnovers forced than 14. Marvin and Kerryon back, much better 2nd RB with Andrerson over Blount, much much better tight ends and I know Decker, Wagner, Ragnow and Glasgow can play better than they did. I have literally seen it with Decker and Wagner. New offense with Bevell is good plan but they need to get in synch quickly. Excited for Stafford in 2019.

Very excited for this defense too. Great run D with Harrison. Better pass rush. More playmakers in the secondary.

Agreed it doesn't make sense taking a 26 or 20 million cap hit even if they "save" 5.5 or 11.5 million.

He played great in second half of 2015, 2016 (until the injury last 4) and 2017 and first half of 2018 sans Jets games. There was a whole mess with injuries in the second half of 2018. Stafford should have a big year

Fun fact, he has thrown 30+ TDS every 4 years. 2011, 2015. 2019?

Lions can get him better field position with D forcing earlier punts, Agnew back and more turnovers forced than 14. Marvin and Kerryon back, much better 2nd RB with Andrerson over Blount, much much better tight ends and I know Decker, Wagner, Ragnow and Glasgow can play better than they did. I have literally seen it with Decker and Wagner. New offense with Bevell is good plan but they need to get in synch quickly. Excited for Stafford in 2019.

Very excited for this defense too. Great run D with Harrison. Better pass rush. More playmakers in the secondary.

Here's another fun fact. He hasn't won anything.

This is it. They have given him ANOTHER fucking weapon in the first round. If he doesn't do it this year, time to go.

Back