Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/10...most-qbs-in-league-but-plays-for-detroit.html
Carson Palmer: ?Matthew Stafford has more talent than most QBs in league, but plays for Detroit?.
Mlive

Former NFL quarterback Carson Palmer had some serious praise for Detroit Lions signal-caller Matthew Stafford while making a radio appearance on Wednesday.

Palmer was asked who he thought the most talented quarterback he?s ever seen was while on CBS Sports Radio?s Tiki and Tierney Show.

?Patrick (Mahomes) is obviously extremely talented, but I think with my own eyes the most talented quarterback I?ve ever seen that just doesn?t get his just due -- and it?s somebody that probably a lot of people wouldn?t put at the top of their list. But, Matthew Stafford,? Palmer said. "I mean, I think Matthew Stafford has more talent than most the quarterbacks in the league not named Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes ... but he plays for Detroit.

?The quarterback position is so circumstantial, it?s so based on the organization. If you play for a good organization, you?re going to have a very, very successful career. If you play for a bad organization, you?re always going to be in some sort of -- it?s turnover and change and firing coaches and firing GMs. Matthew Stafford has played for Detroit for too long and nobody knows he?s as good as he is because they don?t play on Monday Night Football multiple times a year and they don?t play a bunch on Sunday Night Football. They?re just an organization that?s been kind of trying to find their way throughout his career and Barry Sanders? career and Calvin Johnson?s career."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...afford-40-000-yards-detroit-lions/3910196002/
The epic tales of Matthew Stafford at 40,000 yards: Dislocated fingers, pranks and TDs.
Freep

https://www.freep.com/videos/sports...atthew-stafford-nfl-passing-yards/3965040002/
Fastest NFL QBs to reach 40,000 career passing yards.
Freep

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...13/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions/3949134002/
Matthew Stafford will reach 40,000 yards faster than anyone in NFL history. Does it matter?
Freep

From an ESPN article today

Player A: 61.0% completion percentage, 7.4 yards per attempt, 6.39 adjusted net yards per attempt
Player B: 65.0% completion percentage, 7.2 yards per attempt, 6.35 adjusted net yards per attempt

Player A is Lamar Jackson's performance as a passer over the past two years. Player B is Matthew Stafford's performance over that same time frame, and Stafford has the largest cap hit of any player in football.

Adjusted net yards per attempt weighs touchdowns and interceptions in a more realistic way than passer rating while also incorporating sack yardage; after you do all that, Jackson has been just as effective of a passer as his far more expensive counterpart. As Jackson said earlier this season, "not bad for a running back."

Last edited:

Player A: 61.0% completion percentage, 7.4 yards per attempt, 6.39 adjusted net yards per attempt
Player B: 65.0% completion percentage, 7.2 yards per attempt, 6.35 adjusted net yards per attempt

Player A is Lamar Jackson's performance as a passer over the past two years. Player B is Matthew Stafford's performance over that same time frame, and Stafford has the largest cap hit of any player in football.

Adjusted net yards per attempt weighs touchdowns and interceptions in a more realistic way than passer rating while also incorporating sack yardage; after you do all that, Jackson has been just as effective of a passer as his far more expensive counterpart. As Jackson said earlier this season, "not bad for a running back."

You realize 2018 numbers was due to staffords injury and all the weapon injurires. Upper 90 100 qb rating. You have always judged him on qb rating. Now you change goal posts

You realize 2018 numbers was due to staffords injury and all the weapon injurires. Upper 90 100 qb rating. You have always judged him on qb rating. Now you change goal posts

I didn't change anything. I just posted a quote from an article.

What a stupid article and post . That was under JBC offense which just didnt allow Stafford to throw the ball down the field . Anyone with half a brain can see the huge difference this year under Bevell and the revitalization of the air attack down field .

What a stupid article and post . That was under JBC offense which just didnt allow Stafford to throw the ball down the field . Anyone with half a brain can see the huge difference this year under Bevell and the revitalization of the air attack down field .

do you and LKP have matching Stafford PJ's?

Does anybody think Lamar Jackson will even be in the league in 4 years?

JBC, the guy before and the guy before that. And JBC got praised at first. Regardless Matt eventually does something stupid like fumble at the wrong time, miss a guy by 10 feet or complete a long pass to get inside the 20 only to do nothing once he's there.

Stafford's achievements, IMO, are more pronounced in lieu of a) the organization, b) the rotating OCs, c) the utter absence of a running game-- especially in the last three seasons. d) injuries.

Stafford ain't the reason why the Lions have been so unproductive. IMHO.

Stafford's achievements, IMO, are more pronounced in lieu of a) the organization, b) the rotating OCs, c) the utter absence of a running game-- especially in the last three seasons. d) injuries.

Stafford ain't the reason why the Lions have been so unproductive. IMHO.

53 players are the reason. Every last one. I remember this one time Tom Brady threw a huge amount of passes to start the game. Maybe a halves worth I can't remember. Maybe a quarter I forget. But the team knew it. Or many QB who were very good that had bad OL or bad RB etc. That's why I don't think that should be an excuse. Every team has their short cumming at one time or another.

The thing with passer rating is it doesn't count fumbles, an incomplete at mid field is the same as an incomplete at the 5. Going 1-2-3 punt at the end of the game is the same as 1-2-3 in the 1st quarter. And a pass off the fingertips gets weighed the same as one 8 feet wide.

Yeah okay. Lol. Brees only has 1, AR only has one but Matt would have 2? Ha. Maybe if he's Tom Brady's backup he'd have 2.

Last edited:
JBC, the guy before and the guy before that. And JBC got praised at first. Regardless Matt eventually does something stupid like fumble at the wrong time, miss a guy by 10 feet or complete a long pass to get inside the 20 only to do nothing once he's there.

Lmfao. I see the hate train has pulled into the station. You fucking idiots have nothing better to do then bash the ONLY guy who doesn't deserve to be bashed??? Lol

Back