Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...w-stafford-contract-restructure-2020-cap-room
Detroit Lions create extra 2020 cap room with Matthew Stafford contract restructure.
The Lions will have an extra nest egg for offseason spending.
POD

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...atthew-stafford-roster-bonus-2020-salary-cap/
Lions convert Matthew Stafford's roster bonus to create more 2020 salary cap room.
LionsWire

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...t-clear-additional-2020-cap-space/2757164001/
Lions restructure Matthew Stafford's contract, clear additional 2020 cap space.
Detnews

Lions were worst team in the league without Stafford. About .500 with him and people still want to blame him. Despite watching teams like Pittsburgh win a bunch of games with similar backup qb play, as well as Chicago with the terrible Mitch Trubisky. I could name a few more. Y?all are dumb as fuck.

Lions were worst team in the league without Stafford. About .500 with him and people still want to blame him. Despite watching teams like Pittsburgh win a bunch of games with similar backup qb play, as well as Chicago with the terrible Mitch Trubisky. I could name a few more. Y?all are dumb as fuck.

Under .500, not about .500

He is under .500 for his career

I don't think anybody is saying he is the reason the Lions suck...there are a lot of reasons. Most of us are saying that he isn't a QB that can carry a team. If you don't have a QB that can carry a team...what is the point in paying him top dollar. I think it's time for a dump and re-set. Trade Stafford & Slay and start over. I'd even trade back from #3, tank next year and try to get Lawrence or Fields. Of course, Quinn won't do that because he knows if he can field a .500 team next year his job is safe. Stafford is just the man for the job...fielding a .500 team

Under .500, not about .500

He is under .500 for his career

I don't think anybody is saying he is the reason the Lions suck...there are a lot of reasons. Most of us are saying that he isn't a QB that can carry a team. If you don't have a QB that can carry a team...what is the point in paying him top dollar. I think it's time for a dump and re-set. Trade Stafford & Slay and start over. I'd even trade back from #3, tank next year and try to get Lawrence or Fields. Of course, Quinn won't do that because he knows if he can field a .500 team next year his job is safe. Stafford is just the man for the job...fielding a .500 team

No he carries a squad that can?t win a game to .500. This squad without Stafford could have easily gone 0-16. In fact they weren?t that far from it. They couldn?t even compete against the lesser teams like the broncos or bears for fucks sake. When Stafford went down he was having a career year and was leading the league in touchdowns as well as being top 3-5 in everything else.

No he carries a squad that can?t win a game to .500. This squad without Stafford could have easily gone 0-16. In fact they weren?t that far from it. They couldn?t even compete against the lesser teams like the broncos or bears for fucks sake. When Stafford went down he was having a career year and was leading the league in touchdowns as well as being top 3-5 in everything else.

you are wrong. Driskle and Blough suck that bad. Any serviceable QB would have won about 6 games with this squad. Stafford was on pace to do just that.

you are wrong. Driskle and Blough suck that bad. Any serviceable QB would have won about 6 games with this squad. Stafford was on pace to do just that.

LMAO, any serviceable qb would have done the same as stafford? You're fucking whack. You're forgetting the toughest part of our schedule was those first 8 games as well.

Also you must not have seen pittsburgh play with their backups. They might have been a VERY slight tick above what we had.

Last edited:
But since you want to go "on pace" stafford was literally first in the league in touchdowns when he went down halfway through the season. Was on pace for almost 40 td's and 5000 yards while playing with a broken back. Which oh by the way lamar jackson finished with the league lead of 36. He finished with the 6th best quarterback rating and was 2nd in yards per pass. While 4 of his 8 games were against playoff teams, the rest of the season we only played 2 playoff teams.

Last edited:
LMAO, any serviceable qb would have done the same as stafford? You're fucking whack. You're forgetting the toughest part of our schedule was those first 8 games as well.

Also you must not have seen pittsburgh play with their backups. They might have been a VERY slight tick above what we had.

they beat 3 bad teams (NYG, SD, Philly) and tied another (the Cards).

The only difficult game in the 1st half that they didn't play in the 2nd 1/2 was KC

Back