Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

Some great QB's sat for long whiles before they got to play. I'd go Tua, weather you keep or trade Matt. Plus the added possibility Matt gets hit again. But with the HC and GM on the hottest of hot seats no way they do that.

Vet QB never works out.

Some great QB's sat for long whiles before they got to play. I'd go Tua, weather you keep or trade Matt. Plus the added possibility Matt gets hit again. But with the HC and GM on the hottest of hot seats no way they do that.

Vet QB never works out.

Tua could be the next Pat Mahomes. Let him sit behind Matt (Alex Smith) for a year then turn over the reigns.

Happy 32nd Birthday Matt Stafford!

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/2/7/21127908/matthew-stafford-greatest-moments-32-birthday-video
Celebrate Matthew Stafford?s 32nd birthday by reliving his greatest moments. This is great!
Let?s take a moment to appreciate the Lions? franchise quarterback.
POD

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm
Matthew Stafford.
ProFootballReference

John Matthew Stafford
Position: QB Throws: Right
6-3, 220lb (190cm, 99kg)
Team: Detroit Lions
Born: February 7, 1988 (Age: 32-000d, Happy Birthday!) in Tampa, FL
College: Georgia (College Stats)
Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 95 (184th overall since 1960)
High School: Highland Park (TX)
Draft: Detroit Lions in the 1st round (1st overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
Current salary: 13,500,000

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...-heres-how-he-ranks-historically-at-that-age/
Matthew Stafford turns 32: Here's how he ranks historically at that age.
LionsWire

Happy birthday to Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford! The Lions longtime QB turns 32 today (Feb. 7th).

Stafford has already played 11 NFL seasons at his relatively young age. He ranks very high in a plethora of historical categories for NFL players through age 31.

Here are a few examples of Stafford?s historical rankings:

Passing yards ? 41,205, second (Peyton Manning 41,626)

Worth noting that Stafford has played in 149 career games, 11 fewer than Manning did on his 32nd birthday.

Passing TDs ? 256, third (Manning 306 and Dan Marino 290)

Completions ? 3,559, first (Manning 3,468 is next)

Attempts ? 5,696, first (Drew Bledsoe 5,599 is 2nd)

Interceptions ? 138, 17th

Marino and Bledsoe top the INT list with 165 apiece. Most of the other QBs above Stafford here played in the less passer-friendly era before Marino, a list that includes five Pro Football Hall of Famers. Stafford?s INT rate of 2.35 (INTs thrown per 100 throws) is 16th-best all-time for his age. Aaron Rodgers is the best at 1.64.

Sacked ? 347, 6th

Randall Cunningham was sacked 439 times in just 103 career starts by his 32nd birthday. Stafford has been sacked the exact same amount of times as Russell Wilson, who turns 32 in November. Stafford has the same career sack rate (5.7 sacks per 100 dropbacks) as Brett Favre, Dan Fouts and Troy Aikman when those Hall of Famers all turned 32.

Pick-sixes ? 20, 1st (Marino, 16)

Not a category Stafford wants to lead?

Game-winning drives ? 34, 1st (Matt Ryan and Marino, 32)

4th quarter comebacks ? 28, 1st (Ryan, 24)

No quarterback has ever created more late-game victories prior to age 32 than Matthew Stafford.

Last edited:
Passing yards ? 41,205, second (Peyton Manning 41,626)

Worth noting that Stafford has played in 149 career games, 11 fewer than Manning did on his 32nd birthday.

Passing TDs ? 256, third (Manning 306 and Dan Marino 290)

Completions ? 3,559, first (Manning 3,468 is next)

Attempts ? 5,696, first (Drew Bledsoe 5,599 is 2nd)

Interceptions ? 138, 17th

Marino and Bledsoe top the INT list with 165 apiece. Most of the other QBs above Stafford here played in the less passer-friendly era before Marino, a list that includes five Pro Football Hall of Famers. Stafford?s INT rate of 2.35 (INTs thrown per 100 throws) is 16th-best all-time for his age. Aaron Rodgers is the best at 1.64.

Sacked ? 347, 6th

Randall Cunningham was sacked 439 times in just 103 career starts by his 32nd birthday. Stafford has been sacked the exact same amount of times as Russell Wilson, who turns 32 in November. Stafford has the same career sack rate (5.7 sacks per 100 dropbacks) as Brett Favre, Dan Fouts and Troy Aikman when those Hall of Famers all turned 32.

Pick-sixes ? 20, 1st (Marino, 16)

Not a category Stafford wants to lead?

Game-winning drives ? 34, 1st (Matt Ryan and Marino, 32)

4th quarter comebacks ? 28, 1st (Ryan, 24)

No quarterback has ever created more late-game victories prior to age 32 than Matthew Stafford.

Playoff wins - 0 (tied for last)

jk

If I thought he read this forum I would not post anything negative on his birthday (even though it was a joke). However, I highly doubt he visits this site.

I wasn't talking about Stafford, you had to put a negative comment about him and then say j/k to get around it.
I don't think any of us would want to be dumped on on our birthday and then have the person say j/k.
From where I come from, I don't get it, but with you and a couple of other posters here, I should be used to it.

I wasn't talking about Stafford, you had to put a negative comment about him and then say j/k to get around it.
I don't think any of us would want to be dumped on on our birthday and then have the person say j/k.
From where I come from, I don't get it, but with you and a couple of other posters here, I should be used to it.

I guess some of us point out some of the negative stuff that might be overlooked by others. Trying to paint the entire picture, not just rainbows and unicorns.

So who's birthday was it and who got dumped?

Anyway, it's tiring that if we don't agree Matt is the best QB in the history of the game, we're 'other posters." Shit, I have an opinion sue me.

You guys have been ripping Stafford for years. It?s not gonna get over looked
when every post on him that shows something positive has a rebuttal

Mitch
Don?t twist it all around. I never posted he was the best all time.

Last edited:
You guys have been ripping Stafford for years. It?s not gonna get over looked
when every post on him that shows something positive has a rebuttal

Mitch
Don?t twist it all around. I never posted he was the best all time.

I was being facetious.

So we rip Stafford so what. Win a game worth something and maybe he won't get ripped. He's not perfect you know. Every Detroit team has players that are liked, and they're good and still get ripped. But if Matt gets ripped its off limits. Why? Because he's better the the crap we've had in our lifetime? Because he's likable?

Miggy gets ripped and his career is far superior to Matt's.

As of today, I will not be posting anymore links on Matt Stafford in any of his threads except for the Lions Team Notes which is just that, all Lions news, like the Tigers team notes.

Anyone wants to copy and paste the links from the Lions team notes to the other Stafford threads and then make their comments in the other Stafford threads are free to do so.
Any poster comments in the Lions team notes thread will be deleted.

I don't have the time or patience anymore for all the trolling and bullshit.

I have done what I can to give all of us all Lions news (near 5 year), and Tigers news (going on 14 years), since 2006, before espn and on the 2 forums since.

I was going to say the same thing. And I will paraphrase a powerful phrase: Let him who is without ripping on a player cast the first stone.

And no one has ever question the amount of info. you add to this site. Unfathomable. Agree or disagree it's still welcomed.

Last edited:
Maholmes had better weapon health around him and plays in a shit division

Back