Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan BCS Scenario Thread

Our we positive that TCU is going to be in the top 16? Thats the better question.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
[quote="Mitch":nuewwszg]

IMO, it couldn't have worked out better. Michigan will get top 14. VA. Tech will not get an at large. No chance.

With Houston and VA Tech losing, and most likely staying in top 14 means that they still have chances for At Large. While Clemson and TCU shouldn't have been in the conversation are now locks.[/quote:nuewwszg]

You have to understand would a bowl want Houston, VA Tech. Or UM. Plus I think both drop behind UM, they got whooped today.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Our we positive that TCU is going to be in the top 16? Thats the better question.

They are 18th right now, after a win and MSU/Georgia both losing most likely. If they don't move up two spots I would be shocked. Michigan is 16th and looks to move up to 13 or 14 without winning.

I know Mitch. I said its going to be Michigan, just saying that now there are 2 more candidates for the BCS.

[color=#551A8B said:
[quote="BestIsBest":ipyso4qy]Our we positive that TCU is going to be in the top 16? Thats the better question.

They are 18th right now, after a win and MSU/Georgia both losing most likely. If they don't move up two spots I would be shocked. Michigan is 16th and looks to move up to 13 or 14 without winning.[/quote:ipyso4qy]

they better but people seem to want to rank michigan as low as possible

bigdrew21988 said:
[color=#551A8B said:

They are 18th right now, after a win and MSU/Georgia both losing most likely. If they don't move up two spots I would be shocked. Michigan is 16th and looks to move up to 13 or 14 without winning.

they better but people seem to want to rank michigan as low as possible

I feel the same way...

Of all the BCS teams, top 25 -- Houston has the 2nd worse SoS, 97.8. The only one worst was the team that just kicked their ass. Houston in no way will get a BCS bid. They fall to 18-19 IMO.

Well Oklahoma, MSU, and Georgia will all fall. MSU and Georgia will both fall past 16. Oklahoma after their beat down should as well. Meaning that TCU and Baylor will move into the top 16. Gotta hope that Michigan isnt jumped by TCU or Baylor

Doesnt seem likely that TCU would jump us. They are a full point in the BCS behind us and won an easy game. Baylor beat Texas.....meaning they will jump us. Comes down to the voters, who is ranked 14th? Oklahoma or Michigan.

BCS computers will rank Oklahoma ahead of Michigan, because even though they lost bad, they lost to the #3 team. However, voters may say that Oklahoma played so bad that they deserve to fall 5 spots to 15.

IMO, we pass State, Georgia and Houston at least. So even if Baylor passes us, we're good to go. No way TCU jumps us.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]IMO, we pass State, Georgia and Houston at least. So even if Baylor passes us, we're good to go. No way TCU jumps us.

Houston falling 10 spots? Hope so. I think Boise State when they lost when they were undefeated to an unranked team fell 5 spots. Houston lost to a ranked team. There has only been 1 team to fall 10 spots in BCS history

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Well Oklahoma, MSU, and Georgia will all fall. MSU and Georgia will both fall past 16. Oklahoma after their beat down should as well. Meaning that TCU and Baylor will move into the top 16. Gotta hope that Michigan isnt jumped by TCU or Baylor

I guess anything is possible but 10-2 TCU did lose to a 4-8 Rice team for one of their losses. 9-3 Baylor should not move ahead of us but who knows..

[color=#551A8B said:
[quote="Mitch":cxmh0il7]IMO, we pass State, Georgia and Houston at least. So even if Baylor passes us, we're good to go. No way TCU jumps us.

Houston falling 10 spots? Hope so. I think Boise State when they lost when they were undefeated to an unranked team fell 5 spots. Houston lost to a ranked team. There has only been 1 team to fall 10 spots in BCS history[/quote:cxmh0il7]

Houston just has to fall a few spots... I think top 14 does not apply to them.. One lose and they are done from what i am hearing on TV.. Not sure though.

[color=#551A8B said:
[quote="Mitch":5adcq1gg]IMO, we pass State, Georgia and Houston at least. So even if Baylor passes us, we're good to go. No way TCU jumps us.

Houston falling 10 spots? Hope so. I think Boise State when they lost when they were undefeated to an unranked team fell 5 spots. Houston lost to a ranked team. There has only been 1 team to fall 10 spots in BCS history[/quote:5adcq1gg]

They have one of the worse SOS schedule out there. Okay so maybe not 18 but I believe UM passes them.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":qg1sazwy]Well Oklahoma, MSU, and Georgia will all fall. MSU and Georgia will both fall past 16. Oklahoma after their beat down should as well. Meaning that TCU and Baylor will move into the top 16. Gotta hope that Michigan isnt jumped by TCU or Baylor

I guess anything is possible but 10-2 TCU did lose to a 4-8 Rice team for one of their losses. 9-3 Baylor should not move ahead of us but who knows..[/quote:qg1sazwy]

Baylor will pass us, you don't think a #17 team killing a #22 team isnt enough to pass Michigan who was idle?

Remember that two of the BCS computers ranked Baylor 7th last week, after the big win...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":8m9j3gb5]

Houston falling 10 spots? Hope so. I think Boise State when they lost when they were undefeated to an unranked team fell 5 spots. Houston lost to a ranked team. There has only been 1 team to fall 10 spots in BCS history

Houston just has to fall a few spots... I think top 14 does not apply to them.. One lose and they are done from what i am hearing on TV.. Not sure though. [/quote:8m9j3gb5]

Of course. They won't get a bcs bid. But if they are 14, for example, they could push UM to 15 and UM wouldn't get a bcs bid. Just an example. But I doubt it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":svgxr8g4]

Houston just has to fall a few spots... I think top 14 does not apply to them.. One lose and they are done from what i am hearing on TV.. Not sure though.

Of course. They won't get a bcs bid. But if they are 14, for example, they could push UM to 15 and UM wouldn't get a bcs bid. Just an example. But I doubt it. [/quote:svgxr8g4]

I think its all in the hands of those corrupt voters. Hopefully they see what could unfold and make sure Michigan is top 14.

[color=#551A8B said:
[quote="biggunsbob":vramaiz6]

I guess anything is possible but 10-2 TCU did lose to a 4-8 Rice team for one of their losses. 9-3 Baylor should not move ahead of us but who knows..

Baylor will pass us, you don't think a #17 team killing a #22 team isnt enough to pass Michigan who was idle?

Remember that two of the BCS computers ranked Baylor 7th last week, after the big win...[/quote:vramaiz6]

If we had the same #of losses I would tend to agree, But with Baylor having three losses im not sure..

Back