Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB 2018 playoffs: Full schedule/results Red Sox fire Alex Cora Now MLB fines redsox

I was in FL for most of this postseason and haven't watched a game. I'm pretty happy NY is out of it. I'll probably root for a Boston / Dodgers WS. At least it would create some buzz

It wouldn't create buzz for me.. With that match up I wouldn't even check who wins let alone watch it.

that would bring in the biggest ratings, so you would be in the minority.

Since there's 325m people here in the states alone minority sure but big minority. Nonetheless, fans won't generally watch teams they hate.

Last edited:
Since there's 325m people here in the states alone minority sure but big minority. Nonetheless, fans won't generally watch teams they hate.

I?ll alert the media and let them know that because fans are generally going to hate Boston and the Dodgers, if that?s the World Series matchup this series should just be canceled and instead old reruns of Roseanne should just be broadcast instead.

I?ll alert the media and let them know that because fans are generally going to hate Boston and the Dodgers, if that?s the World Series matchup this series should just be canceled and instead old reruns of Roseanne should just be broadcast instead.

Roseanne offended people...they won't put her reruns on.

I consider myself not only a huge Tiger's fan, but probably an even bigger fan of baseball in general. If baseball is on, I watch it. I just love the game.

With that being said, watching tonight's game 1 as well as JV vs Sale tomorrow night.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...er-provided-one-thing-remember-game-1-victory
Justin Verlander delivered the one thing worth remembering about Game 1 -- victory.
espn

https://www.mlb.com/news/justin-verlander-beats-red-sox-in-alcs-game-1/c-297776312
Behind crafty JV, Astros break free late for G1 Win.
Righty keeps game tied during wild 5th, then bats strike in 6th, 9th.
MLB.com

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...r-outlasts-sale-cools-off-red-sox/1630274002/
Saturday's ALCS: Verlander outlasts Sale, Astros cool off Red Sox.
Detnews

JustinVerlander gets his 13th #postseason win.
That is the 2nd most EVER by an AL pitcher (Andy Pettitte, 19).

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...-off-brewers-bullpen-tie-series-1/1630270002/
Saturday's NLCS: Dodgers rally off Brewers' bullpen to tie series at 1.
Detnews

Last edited:
I consider myself not only a huge Tiger's fan, but probably an even bigger fan of baseball in general. If baseball is on, I watch it. I just love the game.

With that being said, watching tonight's game 1 as well as JV vs Sale tomorrow night.

I was like that once. If it was on I watched it, playoffs & regular season. Now I just limit it to the Tigers, and a once in a while playoff game.

It's like with the NFL/NCAAF, there is just so much on I can't watch all what I used to or even want to.

Hockey is probably the one I watch other teams more.

I think I’ve maybe watched a grand total of maybe 1 inning so far of post season baseball combined between all wild cards and everything. I don’t even know who won last night and don’t care lol

Nice day out today

I think I?ve maybe watched a grand total of maybe 1 inning so far of post season baseball combined between all wild cards and everything. I don?t even know who won last night and don?t care lol

Nice day out today

I had the Houston vs Boston game on behind my bar while I watched the UM v Wisky game. I watched JV implode in the 5th inning (single, walk, walk, walk, HBP) to give up the lead but the Astros scored 5 more and won it going away. Other than that, I haven't watched much either.

Brewers have been my NL team since I went to a game there in 2007 as a kid at the time. The most fun I’ve ever had at a baseball game, awesome crowd/tailgating, cool stadium, etc. Been an exciting past month and a half for them, I’d love for them to take 2 in LA but that’s a tough ask.

Still can't watch Verlander in someone else's uniform. It's unnatural.

Brewers have been my NL team since I went to a game there in 2007 as a kid at the time. The most fun I?ve ever had at a baseball game, awesome crowd/tailgating, cool stadium, etc. Been an exciting past month and a half for them, I?d love for them to take 2 in LA but that?s a tough ask.

Jeez how young are you? I just got older reading this.

Back