Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Draft Thread 2017

Tabor,,,,,yes! This is the same kid who called himself a 1st ballot HOFer a couple of weeks back, right? Love the attitude.

Tabor,,,,,yes! This is the same kid who called himself a 1st ballot HOFer a couple of weeks back, right? Love the attitude.

You know what though that's the 1 position on the field where I think having a cocky player actually helps them get through the mind games that is playing CB.

Love the kid hope he can clean up the off the field stuff because he's a ballhawk and at 6 foot 200 pounds i feel he can move opposite Slay when he is ready. Reallllly like our CB depth now with Hayden and Tabor on the team... Everyone is super low on Hayden but I've always thought he was a nickel guy playing outside and when he was there he played well. As for the WR I've heard of him but thought he was a day 3 guy but why is everyone freaking out? They obviously see something in the kid more so than the other WR you guys wanted and KNEW he really wasn't worth the 3rd and that's why they traded down... 32 of the 3rd is PRETTY MUCH the 4th and the kid was mocked in the 4th which doesn't mean shit because mocks are BS anyway.... After the first two or three rounds i feel it's a crap shoot anyway. He has good height and speed and hopefully can develop into the guy on the outside we need. Really like our draft so far. Lets get some D-line and a RB here with the last few picks... Maybe use both our 4th's to trade up early 4th for Perine?

Last edited:
Lets get some D-line and a RB here with the last few picks... Maybe use both our 4th's to trade up early 4th for Perine?

Yep, hoping for the same. Perine is severely underrated imo. Go get him

Yep, hoping for the same. Perine is severely underrated imo. Go get him

Perine is about the only RB left in the draft I have any interest in. He's a punisher. While he doesn't have any real homerun speed, he's the guy that can wear a defense down all day to help pop an Abdullah run a long way.

I'd like him or Legget (or both) in the 4th. Desmond King would be my other hope. I think he converts to S in the NFL.

NFL / Lions Draft Rounds 4-7 resumes to day 12 Noon

TV: ESPN, ESPN2, NFL Network

Radio: Sirius/XM Ch. 80, 88

Live stream: NFL.com

Selection time: 5 minutes in Rounds 4-6, 4 minutes in Round 7

I have to admit I didn't know jack about Golloday when his name was called. Never heard of the guy. So I did some very quick and pretty lame YouTube watching on the guy.. which of course is how you evaluate a prospect. Seriously though, if you don't know who he is, it's all you got.

I see a guy that's big, but needs to put on more muscle for his frame. He's a little under 220, and should be about 235.

I see a guy who has speed. He can burn.

I see a guy who can make highlight reel catches, and who can lose possession of an easy pass. He doesn't secure the ball well... at ALL.

I see a guy who just doesn't play physical football. He goes over top of a CB, but doesn't fight him off. He turns his back into plays over the middle and gets nailed, losing the ball.

I see a guy who separates well enough for NFL playing time, but seems hesitant coming out of the route. Not decisive.

Put some mass on him, get him a good coach, and he can be a legit receiver. He's a player, but damn he's raw. When he makes a circus catch, he gets your attention. When he makes a weak catch, it's very noticeable.

I have to admit I didn't know jack about Golloday when his name was called. Never heard of the guy. So I did some very quick and pretty lame YouTube watching on the guy.. which of course is how you evaluate a prospect. Seriously though, if you don't know who he is, it's all you got.

I see a guy that's big, but needs to put on more muscle for his frame. He's a little under 220, and should be about 235.

I see a guy who has speed. He can burn.

I see a guy who can make highlight reel catches, and who can lose possession of an easy pass. He doesn't secure the ball well... at ALL.

I see a guy who just doesn't play physical football. He goes over top of a CB, but doesn't fight him off. He turns his back into plays over the middle and gets nailed, losing the ball.

I see a guy who separates well enough for NFL playing time, but seems hesitant coming out of the route. Not decisive.

Put some mass on him, get him a good coach, and he can be a legit receiver. He's a player, but damn he's raw. When he makes a circus catch, he gets your attention. When he makes a weak catch, it's very noticeable.

I compared the nfl combine numbers of him and Darboh and didn't see much difference between the two except 2 inches in height and one played verses much better comptittion. I hope he works out but of the two players I guess I am bias. I would have pefered more defense and just resign Boldin. WR are a dime a dozen in the nfl in my opinion.

Last edited:
I compared the nfl combine numbers of him and Darboh and didn't see much difference between the two except 2 inches in height and one played verses much better comptittion. I hope he works out but of the two players I guess I am bias. I would have pefered more defense and just resign Boldin. WR are a dime a dozen in the nfl in my opinion.

For physical traits, obviously you're right. They had very comparable numbers.

Watch some tape and you see two vastly different players.

Someone called Golloday a "nice piece of clay"... and that's about the best description I can think of for the guy. If a good coach can work with him, he can become a darned good receiver in the NFL, but man does he look raw.

He looks the part. He really strikes me as that physical imposing receiver every team wants. But he plays timid. He doesn't fight at the point of the catch.

In fact, when I saw the first few plays, I thought "Man, this guy is a coward. All that size, he doesn't get physical at all".

And then I saw some blocks. He's not afraid the mix it up with defenders at all. No fear.

I think, honestly, he just doesn't know HOW to get physical on the catches. With is height, he should be getting over CBs with ease. Give him a few pounds and teach him how to get the ball secured, and he can be a scary guy over the middle. But he's just not that guy right now, and I don't know if he ever will be.

Three years from now, he will either be in line for a BIG extension, or he will be another failed Lions receiver in a long long line of failed Lions receivers.

Its so funny how SF fleeced Chicago.

Lots of guys get booed by the fan base after they are drafted. Lions fans booed Stafford too, and chanted "Curry" when he made his first appearances.

Can't go off fan hatred.

But yes, I think Chicago got held at gunpoint by Lynch. Trubisky is no where near ready to start in the NFL, and they gave up most of their draft to get him.

The only thing I can think is that Houston was sitting in the back end of the draft wanting to move up for a QB. Moving that far is a huge price tag and offered up their 2nd, 3rd and, and 4th to do it.

Lynch called the Bears and said "I have an offer for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to move up. Match it and it's yours" and the Bears panicked and did it.

Trubisky is going to have to be one hell of a QB to justify the price, and I don't see a player that will ever be above league average as a ceiling. In fact, I think they just dumped Cutler and drafted Cutler II.

Last edited:
We have the 18th and 21st pick in round 4. Extra picks is never a bad thing, we have 2 6th round picks also.

Perine is about the only RB left in the draft I have any interest in. He's a punisher. While he doesn't have any real homerun speed, he's the guy that can wear a defense down all day to help pop an Abdullah run a long way.

I'd like him or Legget (or both) in the 4th. Desmond King would be my other hope. I think he converts to S in the NFL.

Perine is easily the best avail. Some other names i like.

Marlon mack and Joe Williams both remind me of a mixon but without the elite ability to break tackles.

I didn't like him that much as wolverine but i always thought deveon Smith would be a good pro... of you need a thumper.

Back