Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Draft Thread 2017

Can sit in Stafford's contract year. Ready to take over in 2018.

Yes this is a troll post.

Essentially just drafting Practice squad guys now. Im good with that

104 yard kickoff return , but no TD haha , i still think he got in tho !! And the last highlight is sweet , juked the guy outa his jock lol .

Wish we did what the ravens did. Completely revamped their defense:
Humphrey, bowser, wormley and Tim Williams.

I want Hunter Dimick with our last pick. He led the Pac 12 with 14.5 sacks. He must have some skills to have that many sacks.

The Lions' last pick in the 2017 draft (No. 250) is defensive end Pat O'Connor from Eastern Michigan. He is the second pick of the Lions from St. Rita high school in Chicago, along with Kenny Golladay. O'Connor had 14.5 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks last season. He's the second defensive lineman taken by Detroit in this draft.

Wish we did what the ravens did. Completely revamped their defense:
Humphrey, bowser, wormley and Tim Williams.

I actually like our draft better. The two linebackers, ballhawking corner, and TE that can BLOCK and CATCH sealed it for me

Satisfying and enjoyable day reading and posting here with all you guys,

I kept reading the words versatile, leader on the field, and in the clubhouse, and passion for playing football in all the players draft links.
Quinn has added depth to the team, and special teams, and competition at some positions.

I posted everything I could find on each draft pick in the Lions team notes thread.

Last edited:
I actually like our draft better. The two linebackers, ballhawking corner, and TE that can BLOCK and CATCH sealed it for me

Add the big WR , who by the way im liking more and more after watching some tape , its been a pretty solid draft !!

Satisfying and enjoyable day reading and posting here with all you guys,

I kept reading the words versatile, leader on the field, and in the clubhouse, and passion for playing football in all the players draft links.
Quinn has added depth to the team and competition at some positions.

I posted everything I could find on each draft pick in the Lions team notes thread.

I'd say it was a success !! Thanks Ron , good work as usual bud .

Improved the d and final weapons in this draft. Added a nice backup qb to compete. Oline and D depth in free agency

We shall see how it translates on the field

Lbs that can cover and better redzone. Long term corner for four years

Add the big WR , who by the way im liking more and more after watching some tape , its been a pretty solid draft !!

True. We targeted areas of need. Zero luxury picks this draft. I like the direction Quinn is going with this team. Filled a ton of holes this weekend

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I love our draft in part because so many of the so called experts dont like it that well. It seems to me that the more they dont like our drafts the better they actually are. Where as if they love them like when Millen would get A's they end up being a disaster!

Essentially just drafting Practice squad guys now. Im good with that

Not sure I'm okay with that. Practice guys barely make an impact for the team drafting them. You can still get 53 man roster picks in the 6th.

Back