Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 4

I feel like we've discussed this in a game thread at some point but I will never understand why coaches call sweeps to the short side of the field.

I feel like we've discussed this in a game thread at some point but I will never understand why coaches call sweeps to the short side of the field.

I remember Bo claiming that the short side had fewer defenders.

I say this every fucking game. It is soooo stupid, i still dont understand a coaches thinking on that. You basically lose your cutback lane, because now there isnt one unless someone makes a mistake or trips. Which is close to 99% never.

The son needs to tell the dad to stand down.

Son was the first one to take shots, dad just carried the water from there. Michigan told him repeatedly not to get surgery at a Florida strip mall or he wouldn't be cleared to return. Then he acted all indignant when he proceeded with said surgery and wasn't cleared.

NDSucks gets big when OSU tries to channel Michigan at the goalline. Takes over at own 1. They probably appreciate the TV timeout to figure out if they wanna roll the dice by throwing from their own end zone.

Went for it.........no good. That was dumb. Just like when Schiano went for it instead of trying to make it 17-10. They go for it and it turns to 24-7. In OSUs case they make out a little better with ND at the 1.

There goes Knowles turning a 2-deep full of 4 and 5 stars into a sieve. I have no idea why defensive kids flock to OSU.

Iowa got totally fucked on a PSU 4th and 1. Allar clearly didnt make it on the qb sneak and there was no challenge from Ferentz.

I guess I missed the memo where nearly every player on the field is going to have one or some combination of the following:

1. Mouthpiece hanging from face mask but not in mouth
2. Mouthpiece hanging from face mask but separate mouthpiece in mouth
3. Multiple mouthpieces hanging from face mask but none in mouth

Anything is better than the stupid pacifier mouthpieces that were everywhere last season (DJ Turner). But I have no idea why any of these is a thing, especially number 3.

Back