Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peralta

Pride is pride. Forget pride now but later use pride as a way to kick the guy to the curb?

That being said, pride might not even be part of it..

It's not kicking anyone to the curb. His contract is up after this year. Just simply bring him back for the playoffs with the fact that he'll never play for the Tigers again in mind.

Peralta will rejoin the Tigers on Wednesday to start working out with the team (he can work out on the field until the gates open). No decision has been made whether he will be activated.

Dave Dombrowski said the decision to bring back Peralta had nothing to do with health of Jose Iglesias or anyone else.

Dombrowski said Peralta is not being brought back to be the starting shortstop. Will work out at multiple positions.

If #Tigers do activate Peralta, Dombrowski said, it won't be as everyday SS. He'll work out around infield to get ready for potential role.

from twitter. my emphasis.

Last edited:
Having Peralta on the post season team might be more of a distraction than it is worth.

Peralta will rejoin the Tigers on Wednesday to start working out with the team (he can work out on the field until the gates open). No decision has been made whether he will be activated.

Dave Dombrowski said the decision to bring back Peralta had nothing to do with health of Jose Iglesias or anyone else.

Dombrowski said Peralta is not being brought back to be the starting shortstop. Will work out at multiple positions.

If #Tigers do activate Peralta, Dombrowski said, it won't be as everyday SS. He'll work out around infield to get ready for potential role.

from twitter. my emphasis.

Club Statement Regarding Jhonny Peralta

DETROIT, MI - The Detroit Tigers today issued the following statement regarding Jhonny Peralta:

?In accordance with the protocols outlined by Major League Baseball?s collective bargaining agreement, Jhonny Peralta will join the club for workouts in Chicago beginning on Wednesday. There has been no decision made regarding Peralta?s return to the active roster. It is an organizational decision to allow Jhonny to workout with the club in order to see if it will be in the best interest of the team to have him return at the end of his suspension.?

Having Peralta on the post season team might be more of a distraction than it is worth.

Right, because the team has been all about focus since he's been gone.

Max can learn to live with it if it comes to that.

SF decided not to bring back Melky last year...and won the WS.

Might make sense to take a page out of that book.

Last edited:
Keep the dude away. He cheated, let him pay the consequences..He shouldn't get a shot at the WS. And if we win, he shouldn't get any type of ring..

SF decided not to bring back Melky last year...and won the WS.

Might make sense to take a page out of that book.

Right. Melky not being on the team was the reason for their pitching dominating the shit out of us.

Keep the dude away. He cheated, let him pay the consequences..He shouldn't get a shot at the WS. And if we win, he shouldn't get any type of ring..

With three games remaining, Jhonny will have paid-off his consequences. He also may be telling the truth that he never used PEDs. I have a sneaky feeling (opinion) Peralta may have gotten caught fencing it for others.

In an effort to keep his actual guilt secretive, Selig & Co may have devised a plan where public records show 'non-cooperation' with investigators as the reason for the suspension.

The Players Union would certainly win any arbitration where the Tigers refuse to pay Jhonny for those last three games. Tigers players would vote Jhonny a playoffs share and ring... no question about it. The yays will far-outnumber the nays.

With three games remaining, Jhonny will have paid-off his consequences. He also may be telling the truth that he never used PEDs. I have a sneaky feeling (opinion) Peralta may have gotten caught fencing it for others.

In an effort to keep his actual guilt secretive, Selig & Co may have devised a plan where public records show 'non-cooperation' with investigators as the reason for the suspension.

The Players Union would certainly win any arbitration where the Tigers refuse to pay Jhonny for those last three games. Tigers players would vote Jhonny a playoffs share and ring... no question about it. The yays will far-outnumber the nays.

Why would any MLB player that isn't using fence PEDs for other players? That makes no sense to me. It is very likely that JP has been using for a long time and his "mistake" in 2012 was that he got caught. As far as the yays and nays....that is a tough one. I think if the yays out number the nays that tells me that players aren't really serious about getting rid of PEDs in baseball.

Why would any MLB player that isn't using fence PEDs for other players? That makes no sense to me. It is very likely that JP has been using for a long time and his "mistake" in 2012 was that he got caught. As far as the yays and nays....that is a tough one. I think if the yays out number the nays that tells me that players aren't really serious about getting rid of PEDs in baseball.

I don't believe any of them when they say this is the first time they used. They're flat out lying. So Jhonny had a great year in 2011 and then decides for the 1st time in his career that he's going to use in 2012? That doesn't really pass the sniff test. I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of guys who use have used for a long time.

I do think we should bring him back for the playoffs.

I gained a lot of respect for the Giants last year in NOT bringing Melky back. Surely he could have helped them in the post season. Seeing how bad of a whooping they put on us really made me mad. If they had let Melky back and put the same whooping on us, I would have been even more pissed off and probably have a hatred for them. I hope they do not bring him back, but it looks like they plan to. The boo's he will draw on the road are going to be entertaining to watch I suppose.

I gained a lot of respect for the Giants last year in NOT bringing Melky back. Surely he could have helped them in the post season. Seeing how bad of a whooping they put on us really made me mad. If they had let Melky back and put the same whooping on us, I would have been even more pissed off and probably have a hatred for them. I hope they do not bring him back, but it looks like they plan to. The boo's he will draw on the road are going to be entertaining to watch I suppose.

The boo's at home.

I always liked Peralta and when asked questions months ago if he would have either said something or kept his trap shut I might have not been so upset on the thought he was coming back.

But it's the "if my name is on any sort of list then they're lying" that has me not want the guy back. I also agree that he probably was doing them for longer than ST 2012.

Just saw on.espn that they well give him a chance yup earn roster spot but that the starting spot is iglesias'

I imagine OF since that's the most unfamiliar. And at this time, the IF is full.

He will get reps at 2B, 3B and probably some 1B. There is little chance they will have him in the OF.

Back