Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rule changes, work stoppage, Offseason changes, Pitch Clock, New Uniforms

It would be easy to revoke this idiotic man-on-second-no-out rule in extra innings. If they really want to shorten games, then assign one out to the offense and every batter a 1-1 count for each PA in extra innings.

Or, lets, just play baseball.

I say they just implement a pitch clock. 15 seconds.

Future News: On a 3-2 count Josh Hader of the Brewers walked in the winning run because he took 15.8 seconds on his final pitch (which was a strike). Thus the Oakland A's win the World Series.

Future News: On a 3-2 count Josh Hader of the Brewers walked in the winning run because he took 15.8 seconds on his final pitch (which was a strike). Thus the Oakland A's win the World Series.

that would be a huge mistake, since he knew he had 15 seconds to throw the ball.

I say they just implement a pitch clock. 15 seconds.

The time limit is already 12 seconds with no runners on base. Rule 5.07 (c).

?The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.?

I remember the Indians? Rafael Betancourt being charged with balls for his long delays between pitches against the Tigers, IIRC.

Atlantic League the test case for MLB with two rule changes.

Link

Cliff?s Notes: Pitching Plate moves back to 61? 6?. And the DH is removed from the game when the starting pitcher is removed.

that would be a huge mistake, since he knew he had 15 seconds to throw the ball.

Not sure if there's a clock he can see and if there is I doubt pitchers want to look at it. Concentration and all.

Atlantic League the test case for MLB with two rule changes.

Link

Cliff?s Notes: Pitching Plate moves back to 61? 6?. And the DH is removed from the game when the starting pitcher is removed.

More stupid rules. Every time they make rule chances that help the offense and the pitching suffers. 2nd rule is beyond dumb.

More stupid rules. Every time they make rule chances that help the offense and the pitching suffers. 2nd rule is beyond dumb.

I love the 2nd rule. It might encourage managers to leave their starters in longer.

Not sure about moving the mound back.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2021/04/20/one-bad-move-one-good-step/
ONE BAD MOVE, ONE GOOD STEP.
Totally Tigers

If baseball had been around during Benjamin Franklin?s time, he would have added this to his famous quote:

??in this world, nothing is certain except death and taxes,?

?and MLB screwing up.

Rob Manfred, and not necessarily the owners this time, continues to mess up on a more frequent basis. And once again, he has incurred the ire of Congress.

There is now legislation to rescind baseball?s anti-trust exemption co-sponsored by a whopping 29 members of the U. S. House. The latest effort triggered by Manfred?s decision to pull the All-Star game out of Atlanta.

(Note: This blog will not delve into the political aspects of MLB?s actions nor will it accept any comments that are politically-based as accorded in our Rules tab at the top of the page.)

Ironically, this may just be the incident that finally triggers some real action against MLB.

More....

Back