Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rule changes, work stoppage, Offseason changes, Pitch Clock, New Uniforms

It seems that most in the media and most fans felt that the owner's lockout was a terrible move for baseball. I have said from day one that it was a smart move and the right move. If they hadn't locked out we would be on schedule for opening day but no deal and a mid season strike still on the table. Now, we have a deal and a guarantee of a season of baseball that will come to a conclusion. Great job by the owners and Manfred to ensure this outcome.

Tigers revised scheduled: They'll make up their series vs. the Mariners Oct. 3-5 in Seattle to end the season.

They'll play a doubleheader against the A's on May 10 in Detroit and a doubleheader in Oakland July 21.

One of my favorites which takes place next season is a balanced schedule. No more 19-20 games vs each divisional opponent. Not sure what the numbers will be but there's too many games between division mates.

This was the question to Ilitch: "Did you actually object to raising the CBT at any point, and if so what was your rationale?

Chris Ilitch pointed toward the Tigers' free-agent additions as further evidence of his view on the CBT subject.

"I think if you add it all up it's pretty clear where I stand on this issue, and my record is very clear in terms of how I voted and what I voted for."

Chris Ilitch was asked again if he had ever voted against raising the CBT.

"Never. To be frank, there wasn?t a vote before. There?s only been one vote throughout this entire process and it was 30 to nothing.

The Athletic's initial report stated Ilitch and three other owners "objected to raising the competitive balance tax" on an owner-wide call.

Thanks for asking the question Cody. My stance he?s lying about this just like he?s lied about The District Detroit.

The report was not that he cast a ?vote against? raising the tax but that he ?opposed? raising it, which of course he does not deny.

This is my problem with this. Yes there was never a vote so he?s not lying but he?s sure as hell not going to admit his push to not have a vote because he knew it would be official so instead he undermined the whole thing like a little weasel.

Is anyone really stunned. He has continually LIED to both Tigers and Red Wings fans and has cheated the city of Detroit out of MILLIONS, here?s my question Chris where is District Detroit? Where are all the affordable homes and properties? Or is it just overpriced car parks?

Cody Stavenhagen The Athletic

Rosters almost certain to expand from 26 to 28 for most of April. No restriction on how many pitchers can be active in that period. Not finalized yet. But this is the plan right now.

Back