Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shake up rumours

Let's kick FG! bhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhha

Execution by the d. Say the lions went for it and tied it or passed twice and tied it. Assume they made 2 pointer. Then falcons still go down and score. 28 21. Calvin still fumbles. 31 21. Lions kick a fg instead of turnover on downs. 31 24 but its still an onside kick or defensive stop needed

Tell Durham, scheffler or Thomas to get open. Pettigrew burleson and broyles can sometimes at least and the lions look better running the ballon the goaline. A shifty best would have been nice but bad luck there after 21 games without a concussion.

calvin has been bracketed and double covered on most every play this year. He still leads the league in targets catches and yards. He doesnt have the TDs this year cause we chose not to throw him the ball once we get into the redzone....plain and simple. Most drives inside the 20 stafford doesnt even look his way. Trust me....i watch these tpes of things :D throw him the ball....he'll make the play....just like he did for 1800+ yards prior to getting into the redzone.

Execution by the d. Say the lions went for it and tied it or passed twice and tied it. Assume they made 2 pointer. Then falcons still go down and score. 28 21. Calvin still fumbles. 31 21. Lions kick a fg instead of turnover on downs. 31 24 but its still an onside kick or defensive stop needed

huh? I was still thinking about turkey day. LOL I can't get it out of my head.

calvin has been bracketed and double covered on most every play this year. He still leads the league in targets catches and yards. He doesnt have the TDs this year cause we chose not to throw him the ball once we get into the redzone....plain and simple. Most drives inside the 20 stafford doesnt even look his way. Trust me....i watch these tpes of things :D throw him the ball....he'll make the play....just like he did for 1800+ yards prior to getting into the redzone.

He's covered. Don't throw him the ball. It's a pick if you do. Someone else will step up next year be it Broyles, Pettigrew or Stafford. Scheffler I'm losing hope

Stafford did target Calvin against Atlanta. Bad execution by Stafford on the corner route

They threw the ball on first down on that drive too by the way. They ran it 2 yards to the 4 because they wanted to set up the sneak. It was open but Peterman let Peters off his block. It was a great play call

Last edited:
Calvin was also the first option on the first down throw but he ended up being triple covered, nobody else got open and Stafford had to throw it away

They threw the ball on first down on that drive too by the way. They ran it 2 yards to the 4 because they wanted to set up the sneak. It was open but Peterman let Peters off his block. It was a great play call

ahhhh peterman! thanks for bringing up yet another mayhew travesty lmao.

The 4 and out drive they threw 3 times from the 2 yard lines. Once to Calvin

Reiff is the LT day 1 next year....Backus slides over to the right.

ahhhh peterman! thanks for bringing up yet another mayhew travesty lmao.

I agree they need to change Peterman and let Gosder walk. Mayhew went the opposite of Millen, he went with continuity. Pass pro is pretty good for the Lions most of the time but Peterman is the weak link

The first failure in the redzone was on Stafford. 1st down Stafford threw a terrible ball on a screen to Bell that was set up well, bad run blocking on 2nd trying to set up 3rd and managageable Robiskie was open but Stafford threw it to Kevin Smith on 3rd down.

The second failure was on Peterman on a beautiful play call.

The third failure was on Durham not getting separation on a slant, Stafford missing Calvin and throwing too hard to Heller on 4th.

Last edited:
The first failure in the redzone was on Stafford. 1st down Stafford threw a terrible ball on a screen to Bell that was set up well, bad run blocking on 2nd trying to set up 3rd and managageable Robiskie was open but Stafford threw it to Kevin Smith on 3rd down.

The second failure was on Peterman on a beautiful play call.

The third failure was on Durham not getting separation on a slant, Stafford missing Calvin and throwing too hard to Heller on 4th.

ya..thats what i said. throw it to calvin.

ya..thats what i said. throw it to calvin.

They did and Stafford missed. He was covered every single time and not the right call. The screen to Bell was the right decision but poor exection. The throw to Kevin Smith was Stafford's bad decision, Robiskie was open and Calvin was covered.

Setting up the sneak was a great call. Calvin was tripled on 1st down.

Durham was the right matchup but agood play by Robinson, he threw to Calvin and missed and 4th down nobody was open. Heller was the right call but Stafford threw it way to hard. Calvin was doubled on the 4th down play as well

THROW TO doubled/tripled CALVIN is not the answer here.

Last edited:
They did and Stafford missed. He was covered every single time and not the right call. The screen to Bell was the right decision but poor exection. The throw to Kevin Smith was Stafford's bad decision, Robiskie was open and Calvin was covered.

Setting up the sneak was a great call. Calvin was tripled on 1st down.

Durham was the right matchup but agood play by Robinson, he threw to Calvin and missed and 4th down nobody was open.

THROW TO doubled/tripled CALVIN is not the answer here.

you keep proving to me and everyone else what we already know....no one else on this team can make plays except calvin. Go take some time and reread your posts :D

ps...yes....thats a mayhew problem.

Last edited:
you keep proving to me and everyone else what we already know....no one else on this team can make plays except calvin. Go take some time and reread your posts :D

ps...yes....thats a mayhew problem.

No Stafford didn't execute this game or many games this season in the redzone. Broyles and Pettigrew can get open. Even Burleson sometimes.

Backups playing because of injuries not getting wide open is not a major problem. Because they won't be playing next year. Stafford needs to work on the redzone

Yeah it's a Mayhew problem. Mayhew has terrible luck with having his top RB, top TE and WRS 2-4 get hurt. Easily fixed.

Yeah it's a Mayhew problem. Mayhew has terrible luck with having his top RB, top TE and WRS 2-4 get hurt. Easily fixed.

best never should have been viewed as a 3 down back. the concussion in college, his weight, and the 3 concussions in the NFl should have showed him that. apparently the dumbass never got the memo. wasted pick

Offense hasnt looked that bad without pettigrew....we probably have less drops. Regardless you cant blame a 4 win season on Pett being out a coupole games.

Burleson is injured. Titus is just a moron. A moron mayhew drafted. Broyles wasnt ever supposed to be more than a #4 WR this year. Thats called a luxory pick. We have a LUCKY 10 win year last year and a million holes on our team and were selecting INJURED luxory picks in round 2. Mayhew belongs in a fucking institute.

I dont think its an easy of a fix as you seem to think. Especially with our cap concerns and FA list. Another crisis mayhew has gotten us into...

Last edited:
IMO Stafford is the best QB we've had in Detroit since I've been a fan. I don't have any issues with his so called side arm throws and what not. the Lions lead the NFL in dropped passes. his completion percentage would be just fine if not for that. The one thing I do see however that could be improved is that IMO he gets rid of the ball sooner than he needs to at times. he feels pressure and he panics. rightly so given the injury history he may be going out of his way to ensure he doesn't get hurt again. who knows but he's not staying the pocket and taking the hit as much as he did in years past. that's not necessarily a bad thing just an observation.

Last edited:
best never should have been viewed as a 3 down back. the concussion in college, his weight, and the 3 concussions in the NFl should have showed him that. apparently the dumbass never got the memo. wasted pick

Offense hasnt looked that bad without pettigrew....we probably have less drops. Regardless you cant blame a 4 win season on Pett being out a coupole games.

Burleson is injured. Titus is just a moron. A moron mayhew drafted. Broyles wasnt ever supposed to be more than a #4 WR this year. Thats called a luxory pick. We have a LUCKY 10 win year last year and a million holes on our team and were selecting INJURED luxory picks in round 2. Mayhew belongs in a fucking institute.

I dont think its an easy of a fix as you seem to think. Especially with our cap concerns and FA list. Another crisis mayhew has gotten us into...

Pettigrew could help in the redzone. So could Broyles with how he finds holes in zones. Broyles was picked because of Burlesons age and cap number. It's called planning. There's your cap concerns. Same with Reiff with Gosder pending free agency and Backus old, picking up Bill Nagy off waivers for Raiola or Peterman being a possible cap cut, drafting Fairley with Corey Williams on the roster. They aren't luxury picks, they are BPA picks for the future of this organization. GMs think for more than just the next year.

I get it you had your little draft board out and you wanted a CB. Show me some of your posts from draft day. I want to see you clamoring for Jenkins or Hayward.

Mayhew knew Best wasn't an every down back. Hence LeShoure. Gee I wonder how Best became a full time back in 2011, oohhh thats right a freak injury to LeShoure. Bad luck strikes both RBs.

Titus was drafted by Mayhew and nobody knew he would be this big a moron. It happens, makes the Broyles pick look even better that you are clamoring was a wasted pick.

Burleson is a team leader and can be productive. But his cap number is getting too big. It happens when you get free agents, free agents the Lions desperately needed going into 2010 with Burleson and KVB at the time.

Mayhew is doing a good job. He's had some injury problems with Delmas/Best/Broyles/Pettigrew/Burleson and some Stafford redzone and DE regression but there is alot of talent there especially on offense.

I think Stafford can easily fix his redzone issues. 2011 is proof he can do it. And we need a stud DE that can play right away.

Last edited:
Back